**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Unified Crystal Shards milestone rewards are a welcomed change!!!

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
So for any players of a certain level and above see Premium Hero Crystals (PHC) and PHC shards as pretty useless rewards give the overall level of champs in your roster. The constant addition of PHC and even 3* shards to Arena milestones rewards always seems like a major disconnect in the reward system to player progression in the game and you're left with a lack luster feeling as you grind away at Arenas for units, gold and maybe a specific champ. EXCEPT FOR THE LAST WEEK!!!

The addition of Unified Crystal Shards to replace PHC shards as milestones rewards, which can be used to buy a Unified Crystal (2-4* champ) or Grandmaster Unified Crystal (3-5* champ), gives a WAY better sense of progression while grinding the arena that the end goal/rewards will better suit the level of your account.

Once this event is over, I think it would be pivotal that Kabam replace the PHC shards milestone rewards with Grandmaster Shards going forward. What do you guys think?

Comments

• mangarox96mangarox96 Posts: 7
    edited September 2019
    @Chovner 100% agreed - I'm more open to grinding arena now just to save up for those Grandmaster crystals. Who knows - might get lucky and pull a 3 star I desperately need for synnergies (e.g. Heimdall). Alternatively, can start getting max sig crystals for those 3 stars.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    it should have been there from a long time but well it is what it is,we go back to those useless premium shards in a week
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Does anybody know if these unified shards are staying for the rest of this event or is it just these 2 rounds of the selector arena? Can't find anything in the announcements regarding this.
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    I really enjoyed playing arena this week, arena needed a change for a while, and this was pretty good for a start.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Totally agree. It’s making me grind out more milestones in lesser arenas that I wouldn’t normally do. I’d take these changes permanently.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    only problem I'd have with that (and yes this is a pretty poor argument, I know) is that it'd mess up my pattern on opening login GMCs... I'm used to opening them every other week... then again this is just me being a sucker for routine...
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    I agree these are awesome! I hope they keep them!
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    I was actually going to make a very similar post to this.
    I LOOOOOOVE the unified shards in the arena, and wish there was a way to make it permanent. Possibly a different arena bracket for uncollected and up that rewards grandmaster shards? Or a premium unified crystal that we could buy with PHC shards?
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    phil56201 said:

Does anybody know if these unified shards are staying for the rest of this event or is it just these 2 rounds of the selector arena? Can't find anything in the announcements regarding this.

Can't say for sure, but I imagine they'll be gone next round for vision aarkus, and possibly return next week.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I grinder like crazy. Did pull a 5* morningstar. So it’s a huge plus for me. Better than the constant 2-4 stars
  • Absolute_0Absolute_0 Posts: 28
    I made a post in the suggestions tab several months ago asking for a buy up program with phc shards similar to what they did with the unified shards. Sadly that tab is where discussions are completely ignored.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Either that or allow us to use phc to buy grandmaster crystals ie. 4000 phc = 1 gmc
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    It's a welcomed change. I've prioritised those arenas over the 5* featured this week and been rewarded with dupes on two 5* (Thing and HE). Then there's all the 4* and 5* shards from the "misses", so I feel I'm well ahead. If they don't keep it, hopefully this is a dry run for a change to the Monday/Sunday arena.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    They were absolutely essentially to get me to grind out multiple arenas when I normally only grind out the four star basic, they made the arenas fun! Please keep this change Kabam
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
    Is there any chance this would become a permanent change?
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    Been a while since this post, and in light of the recent road maps changes and overall improvement in rewards matching players progression, I'm wondering if we an see an arena change where PHCs and PHC shards are replaced with last year's Unified Crystal Shards
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    I cant believe phc’s are still in the milestones to begin with. Maybe for lower arenas but for the 5* featured in 2020?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    I agree arena could desperately use a shake up
  • MahMan999MahMan999 Posts: 18
    phcs shouldn't really be in the 5* featured arena as a milestone reward

sheesh
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I wish they were changed for 4* at least