**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

What if YOU were chosen to design a Boss Rush fight?

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    Too_qik said:

Hyperion
    Debuff immune
    All or nothing
    200% power gain
    Minor aspect of death.
    Good luck with him😉

He said only 3 nodes
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Invisible Woman
    - Power Struggle
    - Life Transfer
    - Cornered

Daredevil makes her easy work

• DorianGrayDorianGray Posts: 23
    Darkhawk

Vigor
    Power Struggle
    Crit Resistance
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★

Any champion with

Mr sinster can take that node esay
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Nichj99 said:

Ebony Maw
    - Crit Me With Your Best Shot
    - Masochism
    - 150% Regeneration

Wasp wil melt him
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Magik
    Power gain 200%
    Safe Guard
    Debuff Immunity
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92

ItsDamien said:

Green Goblin
    Debuff Immune
    Enhanced Abilities
    Force of Will

Have fun 😂

Would not like to fight this lol
    Warlock is the answer ...
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287

With all the buzz going around with the Community Boss Rush, now would be a good time to go crazy with your imagination.

Write your node/champion combinations in this thread. The rules are : -

1) You're allowed to use three nodes
    2) You can use all characters except the NPC's such as The Collector or Maestro
    3) Try not to make the fight too fun and interactive, and don't make it too easy either.

GO!

I would put Medusa with following nodes
    1)Debuff immunity.
    2) Mystic attackers suffer 100% ability accuracy reduction.
    3) Defender gains double the power from blocked hits.
    This will be a fair fight I suppose.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    Medusa

Rage
    Debuff immune
    Parry
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Annihilus
    Ensnare mystic (whatever the 100% reduced AA one is for mystic)
    power gain 100%
    safeguard
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Yondu

Enhanced Abilities
    200% Power Gain
    No Immunity (Bleed)

I have no idea if there’s a node that does what I wanted the last one to do, so I made one up. No Immunity (Bleed) does exactly what it says it does - takes away Bleed immunity. After that, Yondu spams sp1 over and over again, bleeding you through block even if you block his specials. You’d bleed out pretty quickly.

Good counters:

Omega Red would be one of the best counters, as he’s not bleed immune, but essentially negates damage from bleeds, and would benefit from them as well. Dom would also be pretty good, as she could shrug them off. Ghost would be the third best counter, as this would probably help her rather than hurt her, although she would take a lot of damage quickly if you messed up. Quake or Mr. Sinister would also be good. Basically, you’d have to bring a champion that isn’t bleed immune, but has a way of ignoring or removing the bleeds.

Warden out ~
  • I mentioned this in my designer notes thread but the absolute hardest "skill-based" fight I could think of under these basic rules was:

Power Struggle
    Power Shield
    Destructive Feedback

There are lots of possible champs that would be especially nasty in that node combination but the one I chose as especially skill-based but nasty was Korg. Korg is really nasty to fight but you can skill past him: you can avoid reflected damage with light attacks and you can evade both specials, although SP1 is one of the harder specials to evade that can actually be evaded at all by the player (I'm horrible at it myself).

The node combination is entirely skill based but requires incredible mental gymnastics. Power shield means you can only do damage with specials. Power struggle means you will only gain power after the target gains a full bar of power, and you'll lose it if the target shoots specials first. Destructive Feedback means all damage you do gets reflected back to you if you allow the target to make contact with you while the DF shield is up.

So this combination is technically all skill. It is possible to do this fight with any champion in theory, and there is technically no unavoidable damage. But it would require the player to constantly keep track of Korg's shield, Korg's power, your power, destructive feedback's timer, and be a Korg-killing intercept god.

The fourth node addition would make this sadistic beyond belief: Limber.
  • Added difficulty (from someone who designed one of the fights):

Who are the counters to your fight?

Oh, and who are the counters to the Nightmare Korg fight? Having @mvinceable pilot your account, maybe.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Maybe a high sig Angela with that node that makes her unblockable when she has a regen buff active, Aspect of Evolution, and Cornered
  • DorianGrayDorianGray Posts: 23
    Quake with

Parry
    Cornered 300%
    Passive-Aggressive: my own node creation, this champion excels at heavy and dash attacks, and heavy attacks charge infinitely unless interrupted by the attacker.

• Let’s see...

How about a fight against Thing?
    With:
    Aggressive
    Bane
    Stun immunity

Forces you to play well, know how to fight Thing, and be extra careful to not get him to 15 stacks without a special to throw, which is likely to happen because of Aggressive

Doesn’t feel too fun/interactive to me

That’s pretty much AW boss fight with bane
  • To be that person...

Korg
    Ensnare Mutant
    Caustic temper
    Close encounters.

For real though...

Void
    Debuff immune
    Bane
    Life transfer.

Would force you to play very well transferring bane/managing Void’s debuffs but you would have the safety net of life transfer so that as long as you kept in the fight you could get back on top.
  • Too_qik said:

Hyperion
    Debuff immune
    All or nothing
    200% power gain
    Minor aspect of death.
    Good luck with him😉

Ghost/hood synergy
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch:

Crit Me With Your Best Shot
    Power Lock
    Enhanced Sp2

Thing:

Prove Your Worth
    Thorns
    Slashed Tires

Hulk

Aggression: Fury
    Rage
    Enhanced Sp1

Juggernaut

Slumber (hehe)
    Bane
    Flood

Cant think of two more
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 688 ★★★
    I would make a TRUE Community Choice Boss Rush by opening it to the actual Community with polls on which champion and nodes to use.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Thing:
    Debuff immunity, all or nothing and rage
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

I would make a TRUE Community Choice Boss Rush by opening it to the actual Community with polls on which champion and nodes to use.

The problem with that is the community would most likely pick champs and buff combinations that are incredibly easy and then when rewards are given to match the difficulty, the community would complain that the rewards are terrible. Personally, I think this boss rush was great, barring the annoying Sym fight.
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    Og Spidey

Debuff immune
    Coward
    Force of will