**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Account Sharing within an alliance

13»

Comments

• Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    its ok as long as they arent using a 3 party app
    shareing Accounts are standard in big allinces

In no way does that make it okay. That's like saying "it's pretty standerd to steal stuff from the grocery store, a lot of people do it. Just don't bring a gun and wave it around, but slide stuff in your pockets quietly."

• Options
    GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    I'm in a 7M alliance and we don't do that. I've always assumed any account sharing would get you banned mods or no mods. They can trace IP from those logging in so you'd think that would be easy to track user accounts who are sharing. Where is @Kabam Miike ???
  • Options
    GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    IMHO account sharing should not be allowed at all under any circumstances because it's not fair to everyone else who doesn't account share. That goes for AQ, AW, and especially when it comes to ARENA!!
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Zapp wrote: »
    XMEN1994 wrote: »
    Leave them, go join a legit alliance.

You know that about 95% of all alliances that are 3 Mil+ do that right? It's the only way to keep the performance of the alliance when somebody is sick, on holiday or whatever. If they ban that, they can straight away kick the complete list of top 100 alliances in the game because I guarantee you there are very few people there who aren't guilty of account sharing in some form.

Sure against TOS, bla bla. You really think they are going to kick the people who spend 15 Million $ every month on that game? Because that 1% who make up the majority of that money are all guilty of account sharing.

No, that ban is intended to be for those whales, not against them. Cheating devaluates the immense amount of money they pour into the game. The crackdown is intended to keep them spending, not ban them forever.

This is bollocks im afraid. This myth that the 1% pay for the game, its simply not true. Yes they spend a lot and Kabam like that. Having 10,000 spend an average of £1000 a month is great, but having 50 million spend an average of £10 a month is a whole lot better. That's why most of the offers are aimed at the masses, not the whales. The top allys and all their whales do not have any extra power in the game (and them themselves) as people like to think

When the boycott was on (lol), it wasnt the fact that these few SAID they would stop spending that Kabam noticed, it was the fact that millions on normal players said they would leave the game

This is a micro-purchase game, the clue is in the name. And the way Kabam run this one to make money is by and far the best and most successful one there is, by miles!

Getting back to the OP, I would leave now mate. Why take any risk at all? Imagine trying to login tomorrow and your account is gone! Is it really worth the risk at all? These people are and will be banned in time, and I actually feel sorry for them when they are. Like I said, the amount of time and energy we all spend building our accounts, to then just lose it all!
  • Options
    DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Hey look guys, I found a JUMPER! Let's ketch them all! :DDD
  • Options
    shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    edited July 2017
    GreatScott wrote: »
    I'm in a 7M alliance and we don't do that. I've always assumed any account sharing would get you banned mods or no mods. They can trace IP from those logging in so you'd think that would be easy to track user accounts who are sharing. Where is @Kabam Miike ???

What if someone uses their alliance mate's network as a proxy?
    Only if Kabam decide to ban the use of VPN / Proxies should they do this and even then...
    What if I physically go to visit my alliance mate and use his network?
  • Options
    DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Zapp wrote: »
    XMEN1994 wrote: »
    Leave them, go join a legit alliance.

You know that about 95% of all alliances that are 3 Mil+ do that right? It's the only way to keep the performance of the alliance when somebody is sick, on holiday or whatever. If they ban that, they can straight away kick the complete list of top 100 alliances in the game because I guarantee you there are very few people there who aren't guilty of account sharing in some form.

Sure against TOS, bla bla. You really think they are going to kick the people who spend 15 Million $ every month on that game? Because that 1% who make up the majority of that money are all guilty of account sharing.

No, that ban is intended to be for those whales, not against them. Cheating devaluates the immense amount of money they pour into the game. The crackdown is intended to keep them spending, not ban them forever.

This is bollocks im afraid. This myth that the 1% pay for the game, its simply not true. Yes they spend a lot and Kabam like that. Having 10,000 spend an average of £1000 a month is great, but having 50 million spend an average of £10 a month is a whole lot better. That's why most of the offers are aimed at the masses, not the whales. The top allys and all their whales do not have any extra power in the game (and them themselves) as people like to think

When the boycott was on (lol), it wasnt the fact that these few SAID they would stop spending that Kabam noticed, it was the fact that millions on normal players said they would leave the game

This is a micro-purchase game, the clue is in the name. And the way Kabam run this one to make money is by and far the best and most successful one there is, by miles!

Getting back to the OP, I would leave now mate. Why take any risk at all? Imagine trying to login tomorrow and your account is gone! Is it really worth the risk at all? These people are and will be banned in time, and I actually feel sorry for them when they are. Like I said, the amount of time and energy we all spend building our accounts, to then just lose it all!

That is complete BS. Kabam didn't listen to you whiners until the bigger alliances stepped in and supported the boycott. So get off your high horse
  • Options
    Nightsky88Nightsky88 Posts: 12
    This discussion is too funny.... Banned for purely account sharing? Then this game will be no more
  • Options
    Join 74dj thats my tag real alliance no line just play and no cheating
  • Options
    Questions about Bans?

There is more information here in our forums regarding bans.

Our Support Pages also include more information herefor anyone that may have received a ban.

In short, don't log into any account that you do not own which was created by you. Do not share your account log in information with anyone else. Doing either of these can result in an in-game ban.

We do NOT condone account sharing!

If you feel you have come across an alliance or player that you feel may be violating our Terms of Service, please report this to our Support Team! An investigation will be undertaken. If they are found to have violated our ToS, appropriate actions will be taken against their account(s)/alliance. Due to our privacy policy, however, we will be unable to provide details to you regarding the result of the investigation. Thanks so much for helping us out by reporting any actions you see that may be a violation of our Terms of Service!
This discussion has been closed.