**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dear Kabam, can you please tell us...

Are there any plans to improve the arena system? As far as how long fights take without suicide masteries, increase in arena rewards, less screens to sift through in between rounds, anything? Can you please Comment on this letting us know if you are planning on updating the arena system? Hate having a false hope if it’s not even in the plans to have a change. The community is begging for an answer.

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Arena has been going on for years now without any real change. I wouldn’t expect them to overhaul their whole arena system when it works for them.
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    I really hope that they give us some insight on their plans even if their plan is to do nothing
  • Some new additions would be welcomed (5* Basic arena, 6* Feature, and a Sunday Multifaceted Progression Tier based arena). Sunday 1st though, lol. As stated in other threads, it's LONG overdue.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Sunday overhaul is needed but I like not doing anything in the game on Sundays lol
    @Kabam Miike can you give us some insight on the arena system?
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    I don't see much of an issue as is. I would love it if champs that needed help were not at the top of the list though and there was a help all button I could press when I was finished with my current arena run.

5* basic arena should already exist too... *cough* game needs more 6* shards in rewards *cough*
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    I would rather them do other stuff, like fixing bugs or buffing old champs.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Sunday Arenas have been in need of changing for at least a year
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

Sorry guys, but I can't really give you much of a reply here. I can say that there have been some conversations about Arenas, but that's about all.

Should we be surprised?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    For once I agree with Admin. If we knew about all concepts, it'd be chaotic watching the process of making and adjusting the content and tbh I love surprise announcements
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

Sorry guys, but I can't really give you much of a reply here. I can say that there have been some conversations about Arenas, but that's about all.

Should we be surprised?
    Surprised that he doesn't have any news? He told what he can and that has pretty much zero info.
  • AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★
    You do realize there are people working to fix bugs AND people working at making new content? crazy, right? Who would have thought Kabam has multiple employers and not just one guy doing everything by himself.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Why doesn’t Kabam just hire more people to fix all these issues? Surely it can’t be more expensive to hire people than it is to lose revenue because of the issues
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    PraiseKek said:

Why doesn’t Kabam just hire more people to fix all these issues? Surely it can’t be more expensive to hire people than it is to lose revenue because of the issues

You can bring anyone in from the street and hire them. That doesn't mean they'll know what they're doing.
  • As it stands, in talks is a start at least. Personally, I'd rather have concrete information vs a bunch of maybes. So once there IS something to know, I'm sure we'll hear about it. For now, they're in stage 1 of making it happen. Figuring out what they want to do. While it's easy for us to say, the concepts are there, choose some rewards and get on with it already... fact is, they're always in some stage of development with new content. Some stage of work in progress with bug fixes. Etc, etc.

It does seem like they're overworked and under staffed. Try to bare that in mind when saying your piece in relation to the 'ease' of fixing, updating, adding, or changing anything in this game. Hopefully we get some new arena action before the end of the summer.

RogerRabs said:

What happened to all that transparency you guys promised? These arena talks are so classified you can't even give us a general idea about what's being discussed?
    Transparency would mean letting you know if there was anything in the works. At this time, we've only discussed the possibility of updating arenas, but have no details or timelines.

To add to this, Transparency usually means giving more insights into "why" and more heads up on the thought process of our Dev Team, and doesn't necessarily mean announcing things before we are ready to announce them.

We know that you guys want an update to Arenas, and that's why we're talking about it, but without anymore concrete details, everything I say would just be made up and assumptions that could be very wrong, or change completely.
    This is honestly all I wanted to hear. So Thankyou. I really mean it. Now I know it’s atleast in the talks. I’m glad you guys are hearing the community and Atleast discussing things we really want. All I wanted to know was if Atleast you guys were talking about it and to know that you are is reassuring even without a timeline or specifics on a potential update to arena. Thankyou @Kabam Miike
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Feeney234 said:

Should we be surprised?
    Surprised that he doesn't have any news? He told what he can and that has pretty much zero info.
    I think he’s just annoyed as people have wanted an arena revamp for ages and kabam said during the act 6 chapter 1 discussion they were going to add another arena
  • HairyslugHairyslug Posts: 76
    5* basic is needed but how the milestones should

PraiseKek said:

You can bring anyone in from the street and hire them. That doesn't mean they'll know what they're doing.

PraiseKek said:

Your not very good at trolling grounded it wasn’t even clever comment, Anyway PraiseKek Just type in kabam jobs on google and just see how many jobs they have advertised a lot of gameplay designers, technical engineers and champion designers so It looks promising
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    An idea I have is this: an arena that doesn't reset at all, and has unlimited milestones that keep going every 1 million points between then for example. These milestones could include a vary of rewards from 2* crystals to phc shards to 5 and 6* shards at later milestones. Kabam could also include a champion cap to prevent the newer players from obtaining the later rewards too soon.
This discussion has been closed.