The communication from Kabam lately has been terrible

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,279 ★★★★★

Do we deserve answers, yes we do.
    Do we get to demand answers as if we were shareholders?.. lol no

Nah but we can press for answers like paying customers 💸💸💸

Idk about you, but I've spent a decent ammount on this game by most peoples standards... yes that does leave me feeling somewhat entitled to answers and yes, that is self inflicted but when there are paying customers being ignored it doesn't exactly bode well.

Could you IMAGINE the uproar if people bought Fifa or cod at £100 and every other week there was a major almost game breaking issue and nobody from customer support bothered to give updates... why do Kabam get a free pass? Because I've spent A LOT more on this than any console game I've ever bought or played, possibly combined including the damn consoles 🤣
    Jokes on you cause it already happens in FIFA, also are you really going to compare a console game (1 universal device) to a mobile game?
    And this stupid argument of "I spent..." No one made you spend it, you did it on your own. And to continue with your argument, as you have said the game has bugs every week and you continued spending?... You knew the product was faulty and you kept on putting money on it?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,346 Guardian

KabamDORK said:

So @KabamDORK @kabampinwheel do we have an update on when we will get our glory???

No, but if I did, I definitely wouldn't be holding out that information from you. We're expecting to hear something soon but for now they are putting something together but I don't have a timeline on delivery yet.
    Any chance you can get the Tech support team to raise your visibility, Dave?

Moderator comments used to generate a special tag, like these:

It would make your presence felt much more strongly, if people started seeing threads tagged "Moderator".
    That's an issue with the website provider that they raised up to their attention back when Miike was still working here.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 463 ★★★

Idk about you, but I've spent a decent ammount on this game by most peoples standards... yes that does leave me feeling somewhat entitled to answers and yes, that is self inflicted but when there are paying customers being ignored it doesn't exactly bode well.

Could you IMAGINE the uproar if people bought Fifa or cod at £100 and every other week there was a major almost game breaking issue and nobody from customer support bothered to give updates... why do Kabam get a free pass? Because I've spent A LOT more on this than any console game I've ever bought or played, possibly combined including the damn consoles 🤣
    Jokes on you cause it already happens in FIFA, also are you really going to compare a console game (1 universal device) to a mobile game?
    And this stupid argument of "I spent..." No one made you spend it, you did it on your own. And to continue with your argument, as you have said the game has bugs every week and you continued spending?... You knew the product was faulty and you kept on putting money on it?
    Every game has bugs, but none are as consistent and damaging as this games 🤣

I don't know if YOU know this but MCOC literally wouldn't exist if people didn't spend, would have died off about 9.5 years ago 👀

The stupidity of using 'nobody forces you to spend' as your argument is concerning... nobody forced me to buy a TV but I choose to and if that TV doesn't work I'd be pissed off expecting answer, this games no different. I chose to spend, I will continue to spend because I can afford it and because the game itself is brilliant, there's a lot of people at Kabam that do a very good job but unfortunately there are a lot that do a very bad job too. And the reality is, with spending and the purchase of a product comes entitilement; there are literally laws in place that give power to those who make a purchase

Never do I think the game should be bug free, otherwise I big chunk of their staff would ultimately be fired but when bugs and issues come up, the moderators and support team are supossed to do THEIR job at reporting and keeping their customers informed and then the devs fix it... right now customer support is on its ass and devs are clearly working to fix things but an update isn't just wanted, it's expected, frequently... no news is still news and all that 🤷‍♂️
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,279 ★★★★★

Every game has bugs, but none are as consistent and damaging as this games 🤣

I don't know if YOU know this but MCOC literally wouldn't exist if people didn't spend, would have died off about 9.5 years ago 👀

The stupidity of using 'nobody forces you to spend' as your argument is concerning... nobody forced me to buy a TV but I choose to and if that TV doesn't work I'd be pissed off expecting answer, this games no different. I chose to spend, I will continue to spend because I can afford it and because the game itself is brilliant, there's a lot of people at Kabam that do a very good job but unfortunately there are a lot that do a very bad job too. And the reality is, with spending and the purchase of a product comes entitilement; there are literally laws in place that give power to those who make a purchase

Never do I think the game should be bug free, otherwise I big chunk of their staff would ultimately be fired but when bugs and issues come up, the moderators and support team are supossed to do THEIR job at reporting and keeping their customers informed and then the devs fix it... right now customer support is on its ass and devs are clearly working to fix things but an update isn't just wanted, it's expected, frequently... no news is still news and all that 🤷‍♂️
    If you spent at your own enjoyment and will, don't complain about spending.I spent a lot myself and started slowing down as the game wasn't working the way I liked. The problem is not if they are communicating or not, the problem specially in this forum is that 50 people start their own thread about the same issue and all 50 want a personal response. Out of those 50 probably around 20 cry wolf about the issue and it was pure player fault.
    I personally love the ones that say Kascam and then they tell you they are F2P... How are they getting scammed when they didn't put a single dime I got no idea ..
  • SolvseusSolvseus Member Posts: 117
    I’ve reported bugs. They go away. They come back. Like Sisyphus, I persist. My main problem now is how ugly the Events and Store screens are. Is bad guyz. Rel bad.

For now though, can someone please at least clean up the main page?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,758 ★★★★★
    DaG891 said:

EdisonLaw said:

@Kabam Pinwheel said that the current team is still getting used to their new roles since Miike and Jax left

Definitely still learning as we go, but I'd agree with several folks in here that we are past the point of "oh we just got here." We definitely are being paid to do a job and also understand that lately there has been a succession of player affecting issues that have either been resolved slowly or not sufficiently. I'm certainly open to hearing suggestions on how we can improve, but just to counter things slightly, we did post multiple announcements re: the raid issues the last two weeks and have been in threads talking about the challenges with the AI. In fairness I do not believe we have addressed 9.1.3 so I can look into that further and see what we can say.

Regardless, I think the issue is, probably, less about what we are saying and more about the slow pace of fixes for certain issues recently. That is something that we absolutely hear you on and, frankly, wish was quicker just like you. Raids being one of these I think magnifies things because of how big the mode is. Because of that we attempted multiple fixes before eventually canceling it because we wanted to avoid player dissruption as best we could. However, this did end up delaying and changing conversations around how things were being fixed and what was being comped, leaving potentially confusing shifting timelines coming from us during the process. We absolutely could have summarized things better after the fact.

All that to say, as a tl;dr, we hear you, we know slow fixes are probably at the core of the frustration, and we are in constant communication with the game team to see how we can prioritize fixes that directly impact players' experience.
    @KabamDORK
    @kabampinwheel
    I have a couple suggestions for the team.

I think there needs to be a new tab here in the forum for times like these when you have a laundry list of issues that players are waiting to hear updates on. Maybe call it "Hot

If you open News and Announcements right now you'll find the following at the top;
    -Raids and AQ Update PT.2
    -Raids and AQ Update pt.2
    -Raids and AQ Update 9/2

What is this? These should be official announcements from a multi billion dollar gaming company to their players and we can't even be bothered to follow a uniform format or maybe change the title to PT.3?

Which leads me to my next suggestion - don't favor one communication tool over another. This is how people stop trusting one source and then the next and then everything is misinformation. If you have an update, copy it and paste it to EVERY communication source and then send it out.

Professionalism is important. Especially with the prices you're charging for items in your game. We should be able to come to the forum and find things organized and communications highlighted in one place in a proper format with the most important things right at the very top.
    Kabam isn't a multi-billion dollar company. They're owned by Netmarble. Kabam technically doesn't earn money, they're paid to develop the game.

The forums are still broken for the mods, which leads to some of the messiness.
  • KabamDORKKabamDORK Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 73 ★★★

KabamDORK said:

Love the humor here, some great takes.. but if you're looking for coms from myself or the rest of the team we've been posting about the major issues in the bugs and known issues front as well as news and announcements for the majority.
    On a smaller scale we'll respond to posts with things we can answer. Many times you'll see this as a post from the MCOC Team rather than a single individual at times. If there are places you'd like to see us more, please let us know.
    And yes, the team is getting used to their roles as there is quite a bit to ramp up to with a completely new team on a 10 year old game. We'll do our best and continue to improve based on your feedback.

Please fix the forum bug where the moderator badge does not show up on discussions
    Working on it!

KabamDORK said:

Love the humor here, some great takes.. but if you're looking for coms from myself or the rest of the team we've been posting about the major issues in the bugs and known issues front as well as news and announcements for the majority.
    On a smaller scale we'll respond to posts with things we can answer. Many times you'll see this as a post from the MCOC Team rather than a single individual at times. If there are places you'd like to see us more, please let us know.
    And yes, the team is getting used to their roles as there is quite a bit to ramp up to with a completely new team on a 10 year old game. We'll do our best and continue to improve based on your feedback.

We love you dave but the ai is unplayable against. Pls can someone make a change on this issue. Its (literally) killing us!!!
    We have a discussion on this that's been ongoing. Right now I don't have an update on it but it's actively being investigated and worked on. Definitely not a simple fix for this kind of thing but when I know more I'll let you know with a larger announcement.
    DaG891 said:

I will never understand this, "hey be nice to the corporation, I'm here to guard their forums for free" mentality. Your response was borderline irrelevant but still appreciated 😌.

I didn't say be nice. I was correcting your misinformation while also explaining why you're seeing issues with the forums. For the mods, many of the features they have to run the forums are broken. Which is the fault of the provider.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,549 ★★★★★

I mean, the majority of the player base was pretty pissed off at the Serpent (lack of) balancing update... maybe that would be a good idea to respond to?

The post has conveniently disappeared now but last I saw it was in the thousands for replies and tens of thousands of views

Not to mention the majority of YouTubers calling out the balancing team on their actually reason for existing, I don't know maybe tell us how the Herc level catastrophe of a defensive champ is being left untouched and yet we all know the balancing program was to prevent the offensive version of this happening again... that would probably be a good place to start 🤷‍♂️

I have him r3 and plowing sigs in as we speak so I actually benefit from the betrayal of playerbase you guys have pulled off here fyi 🫶

They did respond to this. They basically said your best off to just ban him and wait for counters. They aren't changing their mind on the rebalance.

Have you ever played COD? There's game breaking bugs all the time. Not once did I ever receive any compensation from them. Not to mention how often you run into hackers because ricochet doesn't work. And those studios earn 100 times more than MCOC.

They don't get a free pass but those studios don't allow the access to mods like MCOC does. If you feel unheard here, try their forums.
  • ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Member Posts: 156 ★★★
    KabamDORK said:

KabamDORK said:

We love you dave but the ai is unplayable against. Pls can someone make a change on this issue. Its (literally) killing us!!!
    We have a discussion on this that's been ongoing. Right now I don't have an update on it but it's actively being investigated and worked on. Definitely not a simple fix for this kind of thing but when I know more I'll let you know with a larger announcement.
    @KabamDORK does the team know about Galan's 19 month long bug of missing 2 incinerates off the SP2 (harvest mode)?
  • PicoBpPicoBp Member Posts: 37
    edited September 13
    @KabamDORK One thing that would have a major impact on the player morale if the Bugs and Issues forums were properly moderated. I mean, at least attaching a tag to report threads that it is being looked into/worked on would help us not feel like we’re shouting into an empty void. Currently there is no form of acknowledgement of reported issues in the bug forums, and that combined with the ever persistent QA issues doesn’t really help the company’s reputation.

As a personal example, I raised that the new UI changes made parts of the text unreadable and buttons unaccessible on phones with camera cutouts/islands, as they no longer have a safety padding to avoid being overlapped by non-interactable parts of the screen. Although it clearly should have been caught in testing, mistakes do happen, and admitting them (with a tag or even a one liner response) would definitely make people more hopeful, supportive and patient towards the actual fixes.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,205 ★★★★★

KabamDORK said:

KabamDORK said:

@KabamDORK does the team know about Galan's 19 month long bug of missing 2 incinerates off the SP2 (harvest mode)?
    Yes they've acknowledged it
  • ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Member Posts: 156 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

KabamDORK said:

KabamDORK said:

@ahmynuts that's great. Would you mind pointing me to where that is so I can check it out?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,694 ★★★★★
    PicoBp said:

@KabamDORK One thing that would have a major impact on the player morale if the Bugs and Issues forums were properly moderated. I mean, at least attaching a tag to report threads that it is being looked into/worked on would help us not feel like we’re shouting into an empty void. Currently there is no form of acknowledgement of reported issues in the bug forums, and that combined with the ever persistent QA issues doesn’t really help the company’s reputation.

As a personal example, I raised that the new UI changes made parts of the text unreadable and buttons unaccessible on phones with camera cutouts/islands, as they no longer have a safety padding to avoid being overlapped by non-interactable parts of the screen. Although it clearly should have been caught in testing, mistakes do happen, and admitting them (with a tag or even a one liner response) would definitely make people more hopeful, supportive and patient towards the actual fixes.

So true. I remember when each month there was a stickied mod post in that section of the forums outlining current bugs and status (see link below). That went away a long time ago and now the bugs section is a god awful mess.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/260570/known-issues-version-30-2#latest

But I get it, Kabam doesn’t want to keep a list of known bugs and issues on the forefront. It makes them look incompetent.
    ahmynuts said:

KabamDORK said:

KabamDORK said:

Is it on trello????
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,205 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

KabamDORK said:

KabamDORK said:

Is it on trello????

edited September 13
    So no, Galan bug has not officially been acknowledged. A single post, lost in the forums that whoops it slipped thru the cracks however many times doesn’t mean it’s acknowledged.

If Kabam won’t use the trello board as they’ve directed , then trash it & do what used to be done…. Use the MCoC forums *Bugs and Known Issues* section
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    Now they changed the sequence/order of Forum sections 😅 I was browsing without noticing that I was in bug section. What goes on haha
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

KabamDORK said:

So @KabamDORK @kabampinwheel do we have an update on when we will get our glory???

No, but if I did, I definitely wouldn't be holding out that information from you. We're expecting to hear something soon but for now they are putting something together but I don't have a timeline on delivery yet.

It would make your presence felt much more strongly, if people started seeing threads tagged "Moderator".
    That's an issue with the website provider that they raised up to their attention back when Miike was still working here.
    They've sorted it 🥂🥂🥂

• Kabam PinwheelKabam Pinwheel Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 110 ★★★

They've sorted it 🥂🥂🥂

This has been a long time coming, shoutout to Dork for pushing it through and getting it sorted. I think this should hopefully help show we have been active, just that its been harder to spot haha
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 830 ★★★★

They've sorted it 🥂🥂🥂

This has been a long time coming, shoutout to Dork for pushing it through and getting it sorted. I think this should hopefully help show we have been active, just that its been harder to spot haha
    Is there a way where we can just follow any message from Kabam (especially community team responding to issues)?
  • Kabam PinwheelKabam Pinwheel Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 110 ★★★

They've sorted it 🥂🥂🥂

Is there a way where we can just follow any message from Kabam (especially community team responding to issues)?
    Follow as in like get a notification every time we post or something? I'm not entirely sure if that's possible. We are however reviewing our processes (especially after the raid issues with the multiple successive news updates haha) to see if there's a better or more clear way to do things. We want to make it so that our responses are predictable in terms of when and where they will be so that it's easy for all y'all to see em.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    edited 5:38PM

They've sorted it 🥂🥂🥂

Follow as in like get a notification every time we post or something? I'm not entirely sure if that's possible. We are however reviewing our processes (especially after the raid issues with the multiple successive news updates haha) to see if there's a better or more clear way to do things. We want to make it so that our responses are predictable in terms of when and where they will be so that it's easy for all y'all to see em.
    It would be great if you guys could return us to the days of having banners at the top of the forums. They don't need to have all the details, but a banner that says "Raid/AQ Comp Update 9/18" or something along those lines with a link to the details would be extremely helpful.
    When the information is important or potentially effects game play, like when raids were bugged and had to be taken down, the information needs to be more in our face and not quietly posted.

Pikolu said:

KabamDORK said:

They've sorted it 🥂🥂🥂

This is the next step here for us to now migrate the updated look over to mobile. The grey is killing me in this screenshot! :(

PicoBp said:

So true. I remember when each month there was a stickied mod post in that section of the forums outlining current bugs and status (see link below). That went away a long time ago and now the bugs section is a god awful mess.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/260570/known-issues-version-30-2#latest

But I get it, Kabam doesn’t want to keep a list of known bugs and issues on the forefront. It makes them look incompetent.
    This is not something I wish to shy away from. Just need a little time to figure out the best way to do this moving forward. It needs to be organized and easy to follow. Stay tuned!