**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why I would only open 1 battle group of aq ?

Comments

• Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Took my time looking through before clicking anything since it’s obviously different
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    I just went through it and it showed up. You select the number of BGs at the top, then the Map, and it gives a confirmation before starting.

No kidding. However, it only launched 1 bg after doing that for some of us.

Was 3 selected, or did people click through quickly?

I selected 3 & then continued. Then got the option for which map on 1 bg.

Ok. Just asking.
  • Wiredawg1 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike please just ask for a reset. Apparently this is a very wide issue with many people 30 minutes in asking for a reset.
    Unfortunately, this is not an easy thing to do, or something that can be done quickly. Since resources have been spent and would need to be refunded. Additionally, we're still trying to figure out what might be happening, if there is indeed an issue.

You guys have restarted aq in past after maps been started on day 1...cause of bug issues so you can’t say this

That is a very rare occurrence and only done in emergency situations. Even then, if there is an issue, we can't be sure that restarting the Alliance Quest would resolve it, and then everybody that didn't have an issue would be affected as well.

But we need you to do something as alliance that only have 1 bg can’t do days 2,3,4 and 5 as it’s a waste as we’re behind by too much, alliances that are ok will gain an elevated rank and therefore gained an unfair advantage by exploiting a bug ( not intentionally ) so which rules are you using this time? The only way is to stop all of it, yes the costs that alliances have spent will be lost and a great deal of work for you to sort out but it’s your mistake not ours, man up except some responsibility for once
    I understand the doubt from guys that it worked properly for but since I started it myself & took my time looking through everything before continuing, I can say without question that it is bugged.
    I’ll also say without a doubt that it’s just too bad for those alliances it didn’t work properly for.
    I wasn't doubting what people were reporting. Just pointing out that sometimes people can click through when something is new, without noticing. Just looking at possibilities.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Wiredawg1 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike please just ask for a reset. Apparently this is a very wide issue with many people 30 minutes in asking for a reset.
    Unfortunately, this is not an easy thing to do, or something that can be done quickly. Since resources have been spent and would need to be refunded. Additionally, we're still trying to figure out what might be happening, if there is indeed an issue.

You guys have restarted aq in past after maps been started on day 1...cause of bug issues so you can’t say this

That is a very rare occurrence and only done in emergency situations. Even then, if there is an issue, we can't be sure that restarting the Alliance Quest would resolve it, and then everybody that didn't have an issue would be affected as well.

But we need you to do something as alliance that only have 1 bg can’t do days 2,3,4 and 5 as it’s a waste as we’re behind by too much, alliances that are ok will gain an elevated rank and therefore gained an unfair advantage by exploiting a bug ( not intentionally ) so which rules are you using this time? The only way is to stop all of it, yes the costs that alliances have spent will be lost and a great deal of work for you to sort out but it’s your mistake not ours, man up except some responsibility for once

It took em last then 2 hours last time
  • WhungWhung Posts: 36
    @Kabam Miike

I’m sure it is a bug. Coz the options in your photos is totally not the same when I first open our aq.

There has only 1-2-3 on the top

And there has no way to choose other bg map at all
    I wasn't doubting what people were reporting. Just pointing out that sometimes people can click through when something is new, without noticing. Just looking at possibilities.

I agree that can definitely happen but something went wrong for sure this time.
  • KaZichaoKaZichao Posts: 65
    @Kabam Miike honestly..
    Considering its sunday.. afternoon in the states..

How fast can u actually form a response team and confirm a bug or not?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    How was a final warning message not put in?

You have selected x groups playing y maps. Confirm
  • I did select 3 BGs and it would only allow me to set 1 BG after selecting the map. I did not have the option to do anything for the other two.
    How was a final warning message not put in?

You have selected x groups playing y maps. Confirm

There should be. There's a Summary before you confirm.
  • RaikisRaikis Posts: 173
    Everything works fine! But I almost made a mistake and started 1bg. As it said “start” I thought to myself “is it start to select other bg or start aq?!” Then I just went back and read carefully and selected my 3 different bg. I am pretty sure it is yours mistake
  • BRJ2002BRJ2002 Posts: 84
    The fact that there are so many alliances not able to get 3 BG in and you’ve yet to fix the previous screw up is absolutely ridiculous. @kabam mike this is an occurance y’all need to restar AQ. No question.
    Raikis wrote: »
    Everything works fine! But I almost made a mistake and started 1bg. As it said “start” I thought to myself “is it start to select other bg or start aq?!” Then I just went back and read carefully and selected my 3 different bg. I am pretty sure it is yours mistake

No as other alliances are having same issue
  • Raikis wrote: »

Ever had a problem with lag before? No you haven’t because I didn’t therefore you can’t as it was working fine for me
  • Ron_HRon_H Posts: 64

Restart AQ and first day free of cost..not that hard..no refunds needed
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Restart aq please.
  • Not once did you say that you are actually looking into this. Our alliance chose 3 bgs, but after selecting the map for bg1 it didnt give the option for the other 2 after selecting next. Just began AQ. Now we are sol if you dont reset.
  • BabyBlue73BabyBlue73 Posts: 2
    It seems clear to me that not enough effort or information was put out to ensure alliances knew exactly what was expected once the new AQ started.
    The big feature of this new AQ was that each group could choose which map they started. Judging by the number of complaints here it is quite obvious that you have not been clear in your explanation as many alliances have inadvertently started only one group.
    When you bring in a major change to the way an important part of the game is played you need to ensure that you have explained this change appropriately. It seems to be very clear that you have failed in doing this.
    KaZichao wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike honestly..
    Considering its sunday.. afternoon in the states..

How fast can u actually form a response team and confirm a bug or not?

That was the first mistake.. introduce something new with these major changes and start it on a sunday. So if something goes wrong (as it did) not many around to solve it. you guys at kabam Should have planned this better so if problems would arise you could solve then within a reasonable timeframe
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Apparently there are three different scenarios here:
    1. Its working as intended
    2. The option to choose 3 BGs appeared, but when they clicked on 3 it only allowed them to do 1
    3. They never got the chance to choose more than 1 BG, so they're stuck with 1

I'm fairly certain that these are the only issues, maybe this'll help narrow things down
    Hey All,

We're going to continue to investigate this. We won't be restarting the Alliance Quest series that started today, because if there is an issue, we can't be sure that restarting it would fix it. We're going to keep testing some things, and will continue to do so as the series goes on.

If any of you see anything like this again tomorrow, it would be very helpful if you could screenshot it, or record a video of the process. I'll also be paying very close attention to all of our Community spaces for any more mentions of anything about this potential situation.

So what about rewards for alliances that are high ranked and get screwed? As this does effect rewards for alliances
  • @Kabam Miike would CS atleast be able to open other bgs for those that send in ticket? They are asking for screenshot now which people don’t have as we did not anticipate an issue before starting AQ.
    @Kabam Miike That’s no surprise. The last 2 screwups weren’t restarted.. why would this be any different.
  • Username89123Username89123 Posts: 59
    edited September 2018
    BabyBlue73 wrote: »
    It seems clear to me that not enough effort or information was put out to ensure alliances knew exactly what was expected once the new AQ started.
    The big feature of this new AQ was that each group could choose which map they started. Judging by the number of complaints here it is quite obvious that you have not been clear in your explanation as many alliances have inadvertently started only one group.
    When you bring in a major change to the way an important part of the game is played you need to ensure that you have explained this change appropriately. It seems to be very clear that you have failed in doing this.

It would have been simple if bg1 chose there map and started and when 1 joined it allows bg2 to chose a map and open and then bg3 BUT that can’t happen as they way they do the map costs to try and force us all to do more map 6, so really kabam have made it more difficult by there greed
    Hey All,

We're going to continue to investigate this. We won't be restarting the Alliance Quest series that started today, because if there is an issue, we can't be sure that restarting it would fix it. We're going to keep testing some things, and will continue to do so as the series goes on.

If any of you see anything like this again tomorrow, it would be very helpful if you could screenshot it, or record a video of the process. I'll also be paying very close attention to all of our Community spaces for any more mentions of anything about this potential situation.

Nice so we are screwed..thanks kabam...