Too fast

I can’t even recover with my own animation of evade and AI was ready to hit me. One point in the video I saw my wolverine was about to block but juggernaut already shoot his punch and it went up passing through the wolverine and after this it shows wolverine block that hit. I took some piq1oh1dk383aa.png
cj8pb33um4bun.png
z7ctgebxvaeb.png
ijcag8mtqij2.png
s3kcl39b7uga2.jpeg



Comments

  • I literally cant see anything wrong in your video mate, am I missing something?
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 2,720
    It's called intercept. He attacked you after you evaded, so he got the hit
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 366
    I don't see too much wrong with what's going on. When he chased you down and hit you it's because you evaded too soon. Wait until he get closer then evade.

    But I've noticed *in general* that our recovery time has gone up and the AI likes to lock us into stuff.

    If you're interesting you can read more here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41246/major-issues-with-recovery-timings-dexterity-and-all-combat-mechanics-under-investigation/p1
  • Zulu_BKZulu_BK Posts: 22
    It's called intercept. He attacked you after you evaded, so he got the hit

    In video I can’t even see any mistakes but when I was moving it frame by frame then I saw , when I move back there is certain animation that wolverine does and while I was in that moment I saw juggernaut recover and moved toward wolverine, this happened in one frame so I can’t see that coming.. no matter what I do in this case juggernaut or any other champ can caught me because I didn’t have control over my champ to dash back again. If this means intercept then I think you are correct and I am wrong
  • Zulu_BKZulu_BK Posts: 22
    I literally cant see anything wrong in your video mate, am I missing something?

    Pause it at 24 sec. and go frame by frame you will see
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 2,009
    Zulu_BK wrote: »
    I literally cant see anything wrong in your video mate, am I missing something?

    Pause it at 24 sec. and go frame by frame you will see

    To me it looks like you dashed back when Juggs was doing nothing, and then he dashed forward after you started your dash back and tagged you. That is working as intended, or at least working as it always has.

    There are other tactics you can use in that situation, at that distance from Juggernaut. You could dash *forward* and hit him once, then hold block. If he immediately tries to counter you'll parry him. If he doesn't you can usually dash back safely while he is still deciding what to do.

    You can also do a dash back and immediately light attack, hoping to catch the AI trying to dash forward on you. But it is not safe to be standing at close range from aggressive attackers and simply swipe back once. It leaves you open to counterattack.
  • Zulu_BKZulu_BK Posts: 22
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Zulu_BK wrote: »
    I literally cant see anything wrong in your video mate, am I missing something?

    Pause it at 24 sec. and go frame by frame you will see

    To me it looks like you dashed back when Juggs was doing nothing, and then he dashed forward after you started your dash back and tagged you. That is working as intended, or at least working as it always has.

    There are other tactics you can use in that situation, at that distance from Juggernaut. You could dash *forward* and hit him once, then hold block. If he immediately tries to counter you'll parry him. If he doesn't you can usually dash back safely while he is still deciding what to do.

    You can also do a dash back and immediately light attack, hoping to catch the AI trying to dash forward on you. But it is not safe to be standing at close range from aggressive attackers and simply swipe back once. It leaves you open to counterattack.

    I got caught in the moment of moving and getting back to position to block it’s like dash back and block but while I was in the transit and by the time I get hold of my champ again. AI is too fast and didn’t give you the time to recover from ur own evade. Please go farme by frame you will see how fast the AI was.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 2,009
    Zulu_BK wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Zulu_BK wrote: »
    I literally cant see anything wrong in your video mate, am I missing something?

    Pause it at 24 sec. and go frame by frame you will see

    To me it looks like you dashed back when Juggs was doing nothing, and then he dashed forward after you started your dash back and tagged you. That is working as intended, or at least working as it always has.

    There are other tactics you can use in that situation, at that distance from Juggernaut. You could dash *forward* and hit him once, then hold block. If he immediately tries to counter you'll parry him. If he doesn't you can usually dash back safely while he is still deciding what to do.

    You can also do a dash back and immediately light attack, hoping to catch the AI trying to dash forward on you. But it is not safe to be standing at close range from aggressive attackers and simply swipe back once. It leaves you open to counterattack.

    I got caught in the moment of moving and getting back to position to block it’s like dash back and block but while I was in the transit and by the time I get hold of my champ again. AI is too fast and didn’t give you the time to recover from ur own evade. Please go farme by frame you will see how fast the AI was.

    It has nothing to do with the AI's speed. If you were fighting me in a hypothetical one vs one fight and I had Juggernaut, I would have punched you in the face in exactly the same way under those circumstances. When the AI does what you did to me, which isn't often, I think it is feeling sorry for me that day and trying to hand me a win.

    There is a "first-mover disadvantage" in MCOC, where the first champion to move often has a disadvantage. That's how intercepting works, for example (which was mentioned earlier in the thread). If one champion dashes forward, the other champion if they are quick enough can also dash forward and attack, and that attack almost always wins. Usually players are intercepting the AI, but it can sometimes happen that the AI intercepts the player. But the speed required is not so high that human beings can't do it just as easily as the computer AI.

    In effect, you were the victim of a reverse intercept. Instead of dashing forward and getting intercepted by the AI, you dashed backward and got essentially intercepted by the AI. The windows and opportunities for the player and the AI to intercept have changed over time, but the basic principle has been the same since before Dork Lessons highlighted intercepting (I was intercepting in the game long before I knew the tactic had a name).

    Bottom line, when you dash forward or backward, there is a window of time where the AI can attack you, and if the timing is right there's nothing you can do about it. The only meaningful thing for the player to do is learn to avoid getting into that situation. Once you're in it, your options drop to zero.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 543
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Zulu_BK wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Zulu_BK wrote: »
    I literally cant see anything wrong in your video mate, am I missing something?

    Pause it at 24 sec. and go frame by frame you will see

    To me it looks like you dashed back when Juggs was doing nothing, and then he dashed forward after you started your dash back and tagged you. That is working as intended, or at least working as it always has.

    There are other tactics you can use in that situation, at that distance from Juggernaut. You could dash *forward* and hit him once, then hold block. If he immediately tries to counter you'll parry him. If he doesn't you can usually dash back safely while he is still deciding what to do.

    You can also do a dash back and immediately light attack, hoping to catch the AI trying to dash forward on you. But it is not safe to be standing at close range from aggressive attackers and simply swipe back once. It leaves you open to counterattack.

    I got caught in the moment of moving and getting back to position to block it’s like dash back and block but while I was in the transit and by the time I get hold of my champ again. AI is too fast and didn’t give you the time to recover from ur own evade. Please go farme by frame you will see how fast the AI was.

    It has nothing to do with the AI's speed. If you were fighting me in a hypothetical one vs one fight and I had Juggernaut, I would have punched you in the face in exactly the same way under those circumstances. When the AI does what you did to me, which isn't often, I think it is feeling sorry for me that day and trying to hand me a win.

    There is a "first-mover disadvantage" in MCOC, where the first champion to move often has a disadvantage. That's how intercepting works, for example (which was mentioned earlier in the thread). If one champion dashes forward, the other champion if they are quick enough can also dash forward and attack, and that attack almost always wins. Usually players are intercepting the AI, but it can sometimes happen that the AI intercepts the player. But the speed required is not so high that human beings can't do it just as easily as the computer AI.

    In effect, you were the victim of a reverse intercept. Instead of dashing forward and getting intercepted by the AI, you dashed backward and got essentially intercepted by the AI. The windows and opportunities for the player and the AI to intercept have changed over time, but the basic principle has been the same since before Dork Lessons highlighted intercepting (I was intercepting in the game long before I knew the tactic had a name).

    Bottom line, when you dash forward or backward, there is a window of time where the AI can attack you, and if the timing is right there's nothing you can do about it. The only meaningful thing for the player to do is learn to avoid getting into that situation. Once you're in it, your options drop to zero.

    Honestly what I feel is ... we are slow , I am not saying what you have said is wrong but the reality is we are moving slow , I can dash back and hit my opponent so fast that I don’t have to parry him and I can do twice or sometimes thrice combo of 5 hits in a row .... but now what I feel is when I dash back and going for attack, my hit gets blocked of I get parried which is rare but it can happen... I have to keep adjusting my playing style and that’s how I noticed that something is not right. I hope few others also have felt in the same way that they have to adjust the fighting styles in these current situations.
  • Zulu_BKZulu_BK Posts: 22
    See these pics you will see wolverine is still getting back to his block position but juggernaut is hitting him with an uppercut his uppercut went through from wolverine and wolverine is still not in his block position. But that swing in the video show as a block. That’s why I said it go frame by frame

    qvbqa89hrdd7.jpeg
    azkca20llapa.png
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 163
    dude you got intercepted, git gud
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 334
    Your timing was off and you where being a bit aggressive.
Sign In or Register to comment.