**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is this the direction of the Contest?

axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
Kabam, please answer as it will save many of us a lot of time and money; is the gold shortage going to be addressed and are these "deals" going to continue in the same direction (we haven't had a decent one in months)?

I spend around $700 per month on this game and a minimum of 2 hours a day playing. I would like to know the answer to the above questions so I can decide whether or not I will continue playing. As it stands, I plan on quitting after the first season of AW ends, primarily because of the gold shortage (grinding arena is neither feasible with my life nor desirable if it were feasible).

And to anyone suggesting buying gold crystals, it's a stupid suggestion and you know it.

As to the "deals", why haven't they progressed with the game? I understand y'all want to make money but do y'all not understand that if you made more desirable offers, you'd make more? And why you don't include gold in rank up offers baffles me. Everyone complains about not having gold and you release offers to rank up champs excluding gold. Genius.

Comments

• Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    I tell my alliance every time a rank up offer comes out how silly the marketing department is and not smart about it. They offer rank up materials without gold so what’s the point of me buying it when for the same amount of time I can get the rank up materials myself and the gold at the same time it would take to get the gold to make use of the offer.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    The push to get more champs and rank them up keeps moving forward faster and faster while the rewards in the game stay more or less constant or barely improve.

So players keep falling behind the curve.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    The lack of gold is real
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    If you play about 2 hours a day, I'm not sure how you can reasonably expect to make enough Gold to progress. As for the Offers, not all Offers are for everyone. Different Offers are helpful for different demographics.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    If you play about 2 hours a day, I'm not sure how you can reasonably expect to make enough Gold to progress. As for the Offers, not all Offers are for everyone. Different Offers are helpful for different demographics.

I believe he said "minimum of 2 hours a day." If he drops $700 a month on it, I'm willing to bet he's playing more than that.
    Mana_Pot wrote: »

I believe he said "minimum of 2 hours a day." If he drops $700 a month on it, I'm willing to bet he's playing more than that.

Correct, but spending isn't enough to progress either. You have to put time and effort in as well. That's what I'm saying. It takes effort to farm Gold.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

Correct, but spending isn't enough to progress either. You have to put time and effort in as well. That's what I'm saying. It takes effort to farm Gold.

I've put in tons of time and effort. Only recently moved to 2 hrs a day. Was at 5+. I've completed act 5, every monthly uc eq, play aq and aw, play alpha and t4b arena. What more do they want? Oh yeah, hours and hours of mindlessly tapping away at arena. No. Either gold is fixed or I'm done.
    axelelf_1 wrote: »

I've put in tons of time and effort. Only recently moved to 2 hrs a day. Was at 5+. I've completed act 5, every monthly uc eq, play aq and aw, play alpha and t4b arena. What more do they want? Oh yeah, hours and hours of mindlessly tapping away at arena. No. Either gold is fixed or I'm done.
    The Arena isn't the only source of Gold, but it's a large one. When you say "fixed", I'm not sure what you mean. It's not reasonable to expect them to make it available based on your schedule and spending habits alone. There may be room for improvement, but any change needs to be made with overall balance and in-game economy in mind. It's up to you whether you stop playing or not. I'm just not sure the expectation is reasonable.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Buddy I would suggest you keep your $700 a month in your pocket until you start seeing a better return for your money. Pretty sure the exposed drop rates are hurting the game as it continues to slide down the apple charts which is concerning because marvel continues to otherwise dominate. Personally I haven’t spent a dime in a year and they rarely offer anything that’s even worth considering. Keep milking those whales Kabam while more and more of the player base goes FTP. For me it’s not even that I refuse to spend it’s just that the offers are horrible and don’t do anything for me.
    So, are you answering for kabam? Cause, I really want an answer: Will gold be made more available via increased rewards or gold realm? Yes or No. Simple question. If yes, I'll continue playing as I love this game. If no, I'll quit playing as one of my favorite aspects is using my new champs which I pay a car payment to obtain (and I can't rank any because the gold shortage).

If you can't answer for kabam, officially, don't bother responding. You've made your case (or tried countering mine, at least).
    So, are you answering for kabam? Cause, I really want an answer: Will gold be made more available via increased rewards or gold realm? Yes or No. Simple question. If yes, I'll continue playing as I love this game. If no, I'll quit playing as one of my favorite aspects is using my new champs which I pay a car payment to obtain (and I can't rank any because the gold shortage).

If you can't answer for kabam, officially, don't bother responding. You've made your case (or tried countering mine, at least).

We are all left to speculate as the mods never offer insight but I don’t really get the bottleneck on gold and alphas either. The type of progress your asking for isn’t for a ton of high end rank up material it’s simply to keep up with the new champs your obtaining.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

The Arena isn't the only source of Gold, but it's a large one. When you say "fixed", I'm not sure what you mean. It's not reasonable to expect them to make it available based on your schedule and spending habits alone. There may be room for improvement, but any change needs to be made with overall balance and in-game economy in mind. It's up to you whether you stop playing or not. I'm just not sure the expectation is reasonable.

The point he’s trying to make is that he spends a considerable amount on this game and investing 2+ hours a day is a significant amount of time on any mobile game. He shouldn’t have issues with gold which is considered one of the most common resources. I think the problem is if someone is spending a bunch on FGMC’s, they are going to be acquiring a lot more new 3, 4, 5* champs than the average player, so they need significantly more gold to level up everyone.

But maybe you should try considering that not everything Kabam does is perfect. I’m sure the Kabam devs themselves will admit they are not perfect. Sometimes aspects like gold rank-up costs get overlooked in the big picture. It’s a valid point being brought up lately that gold stashes are diminishing faster than being replenished. When you hit 0 gold, progression comes to a halt which doesn’t feel good for the player. It’s these little things of thinking outside the box that maybe this a real issue Kabam could have overlooked that makes you perceived as an unpopular poster here. The point being made behind a bit childish claims of quitting has been coming up a lot lately and is why we have these forums for players to express/discuss their concerns with the game, and they should be able to do so without getting berated all the time.
    That's the third time I've commented and you keep implying I'm berating people. Probably best to get to know what berating looks like.

People are running out of Gold because they're spending larger amounts trying to Rank a higher Rarity of Champ. Simply put, you have to spend time making more if you want to spend higher amounts. That's not going to come from playing the way we choose to play organically. When Gold is increased, it affects the entire system. There are going to be bottleneck resources. Increase the Gold and it will shift to another Resource. The entire shortage issue comes from people trying to Rank their 5*s faster than they're meant to be Ranked. Just because people consider 5*s the new 4*s doesn't mean they are any less valuable, and Ranking cost is set based on Rarity. For that matter, Gold is available in the game. Just not at a rate as fast as people want to progress their Roster. It's not always the fault of the system when you examine spending habits and how people play. Saying we don't have time to Grind and claiming the system is broken is the same as saying it's our job's fault we run out of money because we don't have time to work. In any event, what I was addressing is the fact that it's an ultimatum. "If you don't give more Gold, I'm quitting.". That's not reasonable.
  • What would be the point in playing if you aren’t getting the resources to progress? That’s like going to college and leave without a degree after spending all that money and wasting time going to class and staying up studying.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

You clearly are not ranking 5 or 6* champs are you. Again your view the whole mcoc world from your rabbit hole
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    That's the third time I've commented and you keep implying I'm berating people. Probably best to get to know what berating looks like.

People are running out of Gold because they're spending larger amounts trying to Rank a higher Rarity of Champ. Simply put, you have to spend time making more if you want to spend higher amounts. That's not going to come from playing the way we choose to play organically. When Gold is increased, it affects the entire system. There are going to be bottleneck resources. Increase the Gold and it will shift to another Resource. The entire shortage issue comes from people trying to Rank their 5*s faster than they're meant to be Ranked. Just because people consider 5*s the new 4*s doesn't mean they are any less valuable, and Ranking cost is set based on Rarity. For that matter, Gold is available in the game. Just not at a rate as fast as people want to progress their Roster. It's not always the fault of the system when you examine spending habits and how people play. Saying we don't have time to Grind and claiming the system is broken is the same as saying it's our job's fault we run out of money because we don't have time to work. In any event, what I was addressing is the fact that it's an ultimatum. "If you don't give more Gold, I'm quitting.". That's not reasonable.

But wages go up with the cost of inflation, this is clearly not happening here.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

How can you imply that 5*s are being ranked faster than they are meant to be ranked? Most people are just grabbing 5* shards from the plentiful sources Kabam has been providing. Kabam obviously has given us more 5*, 6* champions than before on purpose. The gold sinks to rank-up those champions is more than before when 4*s were reigning supreme. Like I said before, my feedback on gold bottlenecks are they just don’t feel good for a player. Being short on catalysts and then earning that catalyst through whatever means feels like progression. A better analogy would be “I’m running out of money because the rent is getting higher and higher, but my job is paying me the same amount of money. I could save money by going to live in a trash bag but that doesn’t feel good.”

What's not reasonable is me spending time and a chunk of money on a game that I no longer get joy out of primarily because of a gold shortage. I don't care that you think the system is fine. I'm asking a kabam a question as to whether the gold shortage (which is posted about daily) is going to be addressed. If they choose to not answer, fine. I'll spend my time and money elsewhere.

I just want to know if this is going to be addressed.
    You boys spending all the money should get a lot more for it imo
    It has very little to do with people spending money. Obviously people will spend on what they want and need, and many of us spend. It's about overall balance. It's not just a matter of adding it because people want it. Resources are balanced carefully, and pace progression across Brackets. Is there room for improvement? Perhaps. It's not as simple as making it available because people want to Rank faster. If they added everything people wanted, there would be absolutely no balance at all. The bottom line is there is a system, and it's available. If you're not making the most of the ways it's available, then it's not fair to call it an imbalance. It takes time to Rank sometimes. There is an increase in availability of Champs. That doesn't mean we should be able to Rank them as fast as they come in. Any change they make would likely be small and balanced among the other Brackets because what you do to one affects the others. If you increase the Resources in the highest Brackets, you decease the progression below. For that matter, it would not be enough to keep up with how fast people want to Rank. Plus, what you do to one Resource strains others. They increase the Gold, then the issue is Cats next. I appreciate the fact that people spend but that doesn't mean the entire design needs to change. If the system needs it overall, that's a different story.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    This is a valid concern, as 6*s and 5*s costs have so increased, they take so much more time playing to get the rankup resources, to level my 6* was insane, hundreds of thousands of gold , I have a good solution, kabam should consider putting gold in the glory store, the gold crystals would work if they were about 5x more gold, currently they are not a realistic unit spend (would have cost me thousands of units for The gold to level my 6*) they keep adding levels and content tO the game but only increase the costs and time needed to actually just keep up at a medium level. Time to get a bit more realistic, we don’t all have 5 hours a day to play at a medium level.
This discussion has been closed.