**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vision aarkus

Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
edited February 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
I noticed that after using sp3 to gain fury, his cold snap damage wasn't increasing in damage
Later on I tried a hunch I had
I recalled that I was using my sp3 while near the opponent while there was an already existing coldsnap debuff so I tried the sp3 while I was far away and the cold snap damage was increased due to the fury

Was this intended?
That we should use sp3 when we aren't close to the enemy because the damage isn't increasing automatically

Comments

• mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    This has to be a bug. It makes me sad that this is the case, because I just started trying him out. I’m guessing that they failed to add to the logic a way for the damage to increase on an active debuff, and you’d have to start a new one after fury is triggered due to the faulty coding.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    mbrace said:

This has to be a bug. It makes me sad that this is the case, because I just started trying him out. I’m guessing that they failed to add to the logic a way for the damage to increase on an active debuff, and you’d have to start a new one after fury is triggered due to the faulty coding.

The funny thing is that after the sp3, if you don't get the increase in cold snap damage from the fury you have to wait for 15-20 seconds for it to expire cuz of his other sp3 ability @mbrace
    edited February 2020
    I tested this bug and got the same results, and the higher damage is nice if you can do it right. Yeah, if you miss the mark, then your coldsnap is stuck in suck mode. We should tag someone from Kabam for a bug investigation. I like the concept of Aarkus’s abilities, so I wish he was a little stronger than he is after the “fix”.
    mbrace said:

I tested this bug and got the same results, and the higher damage is nice if you can do it right. Yeah, if you miss the mark, then your coldsnap is stuck in suck mode. We should tag someone from Kabam for a bug investigation. I like the concept of Aarkus’s abilities, so I wish he was a little stronger than he is after the “fix”.

@Kabam Miike
    I also have a video of it if it's needed
  • Hey there, we can pass the information along to the rest of the team. Could you let us know who you were fighting when you encountered this, what mode you were in, and if there were any nodes active? If you have any video of what you're seeing, could you share that with us as well?
    This is for me at least: In any scenario, if I trigger special 3 with armor shatter active and coldsnap is already active, then the coldsnap damage is not affected by the buff. If I trigger special 3 when armor shatter is active and coldsnap was not active due to range, then coldsnap will become active and be affected by the damage buff.