**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* champion addition date and Dormammu

CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
The announcement says it starts with the champ issues June 8th. I believe Dormammu comes back June 1st. Does that mean no sub-pool with Dormammu? Will there be a sub-pool with Dormammu if you open after June 8th?
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Well your best chance at a 5-Star Dormammu will still be with the Featured Hero Crystal, but after that, until he is added to the Basic 5-Star Hero Crystal, he will be in the "sub-featured" category.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    No, I mean that when I use my features on him, will there be a sub-pool (like iceman) or will it just be the main champs?
    Well your best chance at a 5-Star Dormammu will still be with the Featured Hero Crystal, but after that, until he is added to the Basic 5-Star Hero Crystal, he will be in the "sub-featured" category.

Will there be a sub pool in effect while Dormammu is a featured crystal?

• SkyRattlersSkyRattlers Posts: 56
    Until Miike clarifies I would assume that the first week of Dormammu will not have the sub pool, and the 2nd week will.
    Until Miike clarifies I would assume that the first week of Dormammu will not have the sub pool, and the 2nd week will.

That's part of the problem. The announcement says "starting with the featured hero being released on June 8th." It doesn't say starting June 8th. If Dormammu is featured starting June 1st, then arguably there is no sub-pool regardless of when you use your crystals.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    edited May 2017
    OP is essentially asking if there will be a greater chance to pull Dorm in the feature crystal, over the standard feature odds, due to the fact he should be present in the crystal under two categories: feature and sub-feature. It sounds like his odds of being pulled should increase ever so slightly after June 8, throughout the remaining duration of his time as the featured champ in the crystal.
    OP is essentially asking if there will be a greater chance to pull Dorm in the feature crystal, over the standard feature odds, due to the fact he should be present in the crystal under two categories: feature and sub-feature. It sounds like his odds of being pulled should increase ever so slightly after June 8, throughout the remaining duration of his time as the featured champ in the crystal.
    No. That's what Mike thought. I want to know if the subpool will be in effect when I use my crystals on on a champ (Dormammu in this case) who became available before the 8th. I don't care about my chances with Dormammu.

Will opening crystals on June 8th mean I will access the subpool despite the fact that the subpool did not exist when Dormammu was released on June 1st? This situation can only happen with Dormammu because of his re-release date and how his re-release crosses the 8th. And it only is an issue because the announcement says the subpool arrives with the release of the June 8th champ.
    C'mon Miike. Can you clarify this issue? Please.
    Any updates?
    Just checking in again.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    TBH they might not even know lol.
    Updates?
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    I also would like to know the answer to this.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    CFree wrote: »
    No. That's what Mike thought. I want to know if the subpool will be in effect when I use my crystals on on a champ (Dormammu in this case) who became available before the 8th. I don't care about my chances with Dormammu.

Will opening crystals on June 8th mean I will access the subpool despite the fact that the subpool did not exist when Dormammu was released on June 1st? This situation can only happen with Dormammu because of his re-release date and how his re-release crosses the 8th. And it only is an issue because the announcement says the subpool arrives with the release of the June 8th champ.

Whatever pool is in effect is applied when you open the Crystal. When you open one, a random outcome is generated based on the current possibilities. You can theoretically save Crystals until Champs are added that you want.
  • @Kabam Miike will there be a sub featured pool in the Dormammu crystal?
  • Wo0pW0opWo0pW0op Posts: 3
    Anyone?.... Bueller?.... Bueller?....
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Not sure why mods went dark. Usually not a good sign.
  • I'm just going to assume there will be no sub pool, since he keeps saying "the featured crystal released June 8.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★
    According to Miike's response in the other thread related to this, as long as you open the crystal after June 8, the Dormammu crystal should have the "sub-feature" pool in it as well:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/5319/#Comment_5319
  • Hey guys,

Gonna see if I can offer some more clarity. If a crystal comes out BEFORE the 8th of June, it will NOT have the Sub-Featured pool. If, for some reason, a Crystal was to come out on June 7th, at 11:59 PDT, it would NOT have the sub-featured pool. It's on crystals released (or re-released) on, or after June 8th 2017.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    Still seems like it would be easier to just say....Dorm crystals (which come out on the 1st) will not have sub-featured champs even after the 8th.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Yeah, Miike's trying to tell us the dorm 5* crystal will NOT have the sub-pool, but the basic pool instead
  • Wo0pW0opWo0pW0op Posts: 3
    Thanks Mike but you realise there is a much easier way to add clarity right? Like just answering the actual question....
  • ImdcapImdcap Posts: 4
    So the dormammu crystal does not have a sub pool at its release on June 1. Is the dormammu crystal re-released on June 8 with the sub pool. @Kabam Miike ?
  • GOT_BOOSTGOT_BOOST Posts: 24
    Imdcap wrote: »
    So the dormammu crystal does not have a sub pool at its release on June 1. Is the dormammu crystal re-released on June 8 with the sub pool. @Kabam Miike ?

I doesn't appear that it will as that crystal will be released on June 1st and runs for 14 days.
    What @Kabam Miike seems to be hinting is that another feature crystal will be released June 8th - or that the Dormammu crystal may be run short (if at all)
  • Whododo872 wrote: »
    Yeah, Miike's trying to tell us the dorm 5* crystal will NOT have the sub-pool, but the basic pool instead

Correct. The Dormammu Crystal will not have the Sub-Featured Pool, but will have the new Champions in the Basic Pool.
    Whododo872 wrote: »

Correct. The Dormammu Crystal will not have the Sub-Featured Pool, but will have the new Champions in the Basic Pool.

Just responded to a Thread with a similar question. Theoretically, could you buy the Dorm Crystal and save it until the Subfeatured Pool is added? Someone is holding on to an Iceman Crystal and wants to know if it will be there when they open it. I assumed it would be the same as any Crystal you open, and it goes by the pool available when you open it. Any idea? Thanks.
  • ImdcapImdcap Posts: 4

Thanks @Kabam Miike

Just responded to a Thread with a similar question. Theoretically, could you buy the Dorm Crystal and save it until the Subfeatured Pool is added? Someone is holding on to an Iceman Crystal and wants to know if it will be there when they open it. I assumed it would be the same as any Crystal you open, and it goes by the pool available when you open it. Any idea? Thanks.

No. The answer is the same as Dormammu, unless he buys a re-released iceman crystal.

Hey guys,

Gonna see if I can offer some more clarity. If a crystal comes out BEFORE the 8th of June, it will NOT have the Sub-Featured pool. If, for some reason, a Crystal was to come out on June 7th, at 11:59 PDT, it would NOT have the sub-featured pool. It's on crystals released (or re-released) on, or after June 8th 2017.

CFree wrote: »

No. The answer is the same as Dormammu, unless he buys a re-released iceman crystal.

Hey guys,

Ah. Skimmed over that. Thank you.