**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Remove abuse and spam from viewable account metrics.

2»

Comments

• DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    I'm liking the new forums system. ;) i don't think there should be any changes at all.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    both of you are getting into something personal, I do not care.

crusher if the only thing that stopped you from reporting things was the fact it would have been visible you need to rethink your own approach to dealing with people.

GW you should be able to explain why you think something is inappropriate even if it is anonymous. Not to us, but if a mod asks for more details be prepared. If you can not do that then you are reporting frivolously. And FYI certain topics are not off limits because you feel the are, there needs to be a reason that would apply to everyone.

If you could call your boss stupid without people knowing it was you, would you? For a lot of people, that's a yes. If someone wanted to rob a bank, but thought that they could be caught, then they might not do it. That being said, I wouldn't rob a bank, it was an extreme example, but you get the point. The ability to be anonymous invites many who will abuse that power.
    And that petty behaviour makes for a hostile workplace, and if you are discovered later grounds for termination. If you deal with it appropriately and respectfully (as forums here do allow) you are not in a risky situation. Removing the metrics from our view does not remove mods from knowing who does it. It is more like reporting to HR, which is a valid and functional system. HR only reveals what is prudent in those matters when it needs to be addressed. This is not a forum where people should be acting in a mob rule fashion, if for no reason other than we have seen how mature a lot of them are.

Yes, but a majority of the time, moderators don't react. It just slanders our account with a negative statistic. And if that's not bad enough, this idea would open the door for people to slander our account without us even knowing who, what, when, where, or why. You keep saying that your privacy should be respected when reporting, but we deserve as much respect when we post. We shouldn't be scared to post because anonymous morons could just come call us out without us knowing why or how to stop it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    both of you are getting into something personal, I do not care.

crusher if the only thing that stopped you from reporting things was the fact it would have been visible you need to rethink your own approach to dealing with people.

GW you should be able to explain why you think something is inappropriate even if it is anonymous. Not to us, but if a mod asks for more details be prepared. If you can not do that then you are reporting frivolously. And FYI certain topics are not off limits because you feel the are, there needs to be a reason that would apply to everyone.

I do explain things to Mods. That's why we have them.
  • MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    edited May 2017
    Yes, but a majority of the time, moderators don't react. It just slanders our account with a negative statistic. And if that's not bad enough, this idea would open the door for people to slander our account without us even knowing who, what, when, where, or why. You keep saying that your privacy should be respected when reporting, but we deserve as much respect when we post. We shouldn't be scared to post because anonymous morons could just come call us out without us knowing why or how to stop it.
    ok A I think I somehow deleted the post you quoted... go me????

And now you are making **** up. I talk to TT about moderation issues and they do react. They take time to debate and will err on the side of caution instead of overreacting.

If you think they are not acting look at the OP in this thread the spam flags are gone.

As I posted with the quote I found in another thread leaving them visible leaves things for slander without knowing who, when or why. The wonderful thing about slander is that it is not necessarily true so if people are determined to slander you they will make **** up. Look at the updated forum rules they now specifically include calling people trolls and shills because of the forum goers that were slandering others.
    ok A I think I somehow deleted the post you quoted... go me????

And now you are making **** up. I talk to TT about moderation issues and they do react. They take time to debate and will err on the side of caution instead of overreacting.

If you think they are not acting look at the OP in this thread the spam flags are gone.

As I posted with the quote I found in another thread leaving them visible leaves things for slander without knowing who, when or why. The wonderful thing about slander is that it is not necessarily true so if people are determined to slander you they will make **** up. Look at the updated forum rules they now specifically include calling people trolls and shills because of the forum goers that were slandering others.

It is against the rules to call people out for no good reason. That being said, it still happens a lot, and mods aren't always there. They can't do everything. Making it anonymous to everyone but mods, who may or may not even see it, would just harm everyone but the guys who's reporting people.
    edited May 2017
    I never said that mods never react to anything ever at any point in history in the world ever, I just said that they aren't always there holding each and every user's hand. If they aren't holding little Timmy's hand all the time, then they won't be able to see when little Timmy goes and punches little Susie in the face, especially when they give little Timmy the ski mask that you're suggesting they should be able to hide behind. Not that little Timmy is definitely going to punch anyone, but not many people want to wear ski masks when they go give little Susie flowers. If they want a mask, they're probably not doing anything good.
    Aw, what the heck. We've both stated our points, and nothing is happening. We disagree, and that's fine. No one is helping anyone at this point. Good luck.
    I never said that mods never react to anything ever at any point in history in the world ever, I just said that they aren't always there holding each and every user's hand. If they aren't holding little Timmy's hand all the time, then they won't be able to see when little Timmy goes and punches little Susie in the face, especially when they give little Timmy's the ski mask that you're suggesting they should be able to hide behind. Not that little Timmy is definitely going to punch anyone, but not many people want to wear ski masks when they go give little Susie flowers. If they want a mask, they're probably not doing anything good.

No they aren't so you think it is better for little timmy and his friends to get their skateboards and go troll someone? No mater what WE can see the mods can see who is reporting issues, they are not giving him a ski mask, that is a bad analogy they still know what is going on.

And that concept that people only want protection if they are doing something wrong is a joke. when do you start screaming "lock her up"? Do you lock the doors on your house? then you must be doing something wrong.

The anonymity for whistle blowers is to prevent the people who do something wrong anyways. People who report frivolously will become the boy who cried wolf.
    I never said that mods never react to anything ever at any point in history in the world ever, I just said that they aren't always there holding each and every user's hand. If they aren't holding little Timmy's hand all the time, then they won't be able to see when little Timmy goes and punches little Susie in the face, especially when they give little Timmy's the ski mask that you're suggesting they should be able to hide behind. Not that little Timmy is definitely going to punch anyone, but not many people want to wear ski masks when they go give little Susie flowers. If they want a mask, they're probably not doing anything good.

No they aren't so you think it is better for little timmy and his friends to get their skateboards and go troll someone? No mater what WE can see the mods can see who is reporting issues, they are not giving him a ski mask, that is a bad analogy they still know what is going on.

And that concept that people only want protection if they are doing something wrong is a joke. when do you start screaming "lock her up"? Do you lock the doors on your house? then you must be doing something wrong.

The anonymity for whistle blowers is to prevent the people who do something wrong anyways. People who report frivolously will become the boy who cried wolf.

I'd rather little Timmy go skateboarding without a ski mask, so that when he does troll someone, that someone can identify him and stay away from him for now on. You just messed up my analogy at the same time you said that I messed it up. Wait, I just confused myself. Did I use an analogy to describe your analogy of my analogy? Nevermind.
    Wow, it just made me quote you 3 times in the same quote. See, this is what Kabam should be fixing on the forums, lol.
    Wow, it just made me quote you 3 times in the same quote. See, this is what Kabam should be fixing on the forums, lol.

I thought you just loved hearing my voice....... I'm sure that will be in the list too.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    I like being able to see it. Leave it as is.
  • Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts on this topic.

Reactions are currently public to help avoid abuse of the system. If one is flagging something, it should be done because it truly IS Spam or a direct violation of our forum rules. Simply flagging a post because you disagree is not the purpose of this feature.

Please feel free to share your forum specific suggestions on the thread dedicated to this topic here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/56/forum-suggestions-and-requests

As there's already a thread open, I'm going to close this one to help keep the forums organized and forum specific suggestions in one easy to find location.
This discussion has been closed.