**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Where's the in-game mail about rebalancing?

TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
Where's the in-game mail informing the players about the rebalancing system that's being introduced?

A majority of player base don't frequent the forums. How are they being informed about the new system? Should they rely on global chat?

I haven't seen what's the global chat like, recently, but I'm sure someone must be crying out loud that kabam will nerf new champions after champion release (a misinformed incomplete knowledge of the whole change).

I don't see it in my mails (should be under the updates tab). I'm sure it wasn't sent out. Will it be sent out?

Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    They have to have in-game emails translated into multiple languages. Maybe this announcement is web only.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    That s exactly what I was thinking. In-game communication is awful, if someone (the majority of players actually) don't use the forums, they live in the dark.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    ByrneWas said:

They can’t make money off of buffed champs so they are ending the buffs as we know them.

Not true. Please don't derail this thread.
    edited January 2022
    Searmenis said:

That s exactly what I was thinking. In-game communication is awful, if someone (the majority of players actually) don't use the forums, they live in the dark.

Communication is definitely a scope that they should work on, but my question still remains. Where is it? Why haven't players got it already.

I know this thread will be moved to suggestions and requests because it is a abyss of unvisited threads, many of which are actually very relevant. So I'll still ask, where is the mail?
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    ByrneWas said:

They can’t make money off of buffed champs so they are ending the buffs as we know them.

Not one part of that sentence is right.

If a champion gets buffed, they are more favourable to get, so more people will buy cavs which will make more money.

They are still continuing the buffs, they just decided to try and redo what they did in 2020 and see if people are fine with that among other things.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022

Where's the in-game mail informing the players about the rebalancing system that's being introduced?

A majority of player base don't frequent the forums. How are they being informed about the new system? Should they rely on global chat?

I haven't seen what's the global chat like, recently, but I'm sure someone must be crying out loud that kabam will nerf new champions after champion release (a misinformed incomplete knowledge of the whole change).

I don't see it in my mails (should be under the updates tab). I'm sure it wasn't sent out. Will it be sent out?

Good call. Announcements like this really need to be made in game.

Good call. Announcements like this really need to be made in game.

Honestly, I'm just looking for an answer. Over 20 out of 30 members in my ally don't visit the forum. They wouldn't know about it until it was implemented. Why isn't an in game mail sent out if there's an announcement? Don't really want to point out mistakes, but if that happens on the side, then that's a happy call-out.

They have to have in-game emails translated into multiple languages. Maybe this announcement is web only.

Should not be a web only announcement. This is a very significant announcement and it can't be kept web only.
    You can’t always get what you want. Maybe patience would be good.

Anyway, players who aren’t on the forum or another MCOC news source likely don’t care much about these things.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Ig they are going to announce everything with next month's patch notes? Cuz those usually do get translated in some form of ingame mail/mails.

But in general, I agree that actual in-game communication could be loads better.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    I’m wondering if it’s being done to avoid angering the majority of the playerbase. With these changes and balancing updates it means that champs they enjoy could potentially be nerfed. Meaning that Kabam could have believed it could result into a lot more backlash? That’s completely just speculation on my part and I don’t specialize in marketing tactics for games like this one. It is rather strange they chose to not let the majority of players outside of the forums know. Maybe they’ll release on a later date when things are finalized? Idk, it’s all very weird. I’m hoping we get a response on this so it doesn’t all result in pure speculation. Thanks for bringing this topic up!

I’m wondering if it’s being done to avoid angering the majority of the playerbase. With these changes and balancing updates it means that champs they enjoy could potentially be nerfed. Meaning that Kabam could have believed it could result into a lot more backlash? That’s completely just speculation on my part and I don’t specialize in marketing tactics for games like this one. It is rather strange they chose to not let the majority of players outside of the forums know. Maybe they’ll release on a later date when things are finalized? Idk, it’s all very weird. I’m hoping we get a response on this so it doesn’t all result in pure speculation. Thanks for bringing this topic up!

Could be, but i don't believe that they would do such a thing. Keeping players in the dark is not how Kabam would operate, at least from a neutral perspective.

But implementing such a big change without any prior in game mail would result in an even bigger backlash. They must have thought about it for sure. Still wondering where's the mail.

Ig they are going to announce everything with next month's patch notes? Cuz those usually do get translated in some form of ingame mail/mails.

But in general, I agree that actual in-game communication could be loads better.

Could be. But those mails usually have too many topics covered in 3-4 lines per topic, and a link to forum post. A change this big, deserves it's independent communication. Still not okay with no in-game mail.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,213 ★★★★★
    Absolutely. In game Mail Where?
    (*monkeys sitting around a table meme*)
    (Sorry I'm not good with memes)

Someone in some group was shouting about herculese nerf.
    Came to forums to realise that there is a new big announcement.

Where mail?
    Still no mail about the rebalancing changes. The mail for lunar event even came.

Why would they need to mail about the rebalancing now? Can't they do it with the next monthly update, when it is relevant? What's with the impatience? What difference does it make today if they do or do not mail the entire community? So much entitlement here...
This discussion has been closed.