**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam rewarding cheating alliances

2»

Comments

• Yes totally agree @Avicari
    Even by punishing them, kabam indirectly rewarding them by giving them easier opponents and the pathetic points reduction allow them to climb back to master.

Its so frustrating.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    People don't just purchase their way to the top without learning how to play themselves. You can make purchases, yes. The majority of large spenders are at the top, have been on the top, and have the skill. The cheating you're referring to is exactly how you described, but not the result of people spending but having no skill.

@GroundedWisdom Can you provide the sources from which you got this information? Many tier 1/master tier AW players disagree with this based on their experience from playing "at the top". It would help us understand why you think your above comment is true if you were to tell us where you got your information from.

I wasn't ignoring it. I didn't read it until now. However, if you're indirectly asking me to verify what Tier I'm in, I'm not going to "cred up".
    I have no doubt that some spenders cheat. They will inevitably do anything they can to win. That's the mentality behind it. However, there is a general prejudice towards spenders being displayed here that is not a blanket statement. Just because people spend doesn't mean they have no skill, and are reliant on cheating. In general, people would not invest their money in great amounts if they were willing to cheat. That psychology doesn't add up. The whole basis for the cheating is founded in greed. A greedy person would not spend that much, just to allow a Pilot to take over. Not in general, anyway.
    The whole point I was making is they are not overlooking cheating because people spend. Somehow it became a debate on skill versus spending. Cheating is cheating, and people generally don't care what means they win by when they do it. They don't belong on the top if that's the case and we all agree on that. I just don't accept that the real source for Piloting is people who have bought their Accounts but can't play. It's people who not care about the Rewards. Regardless of spending or not.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    If an alliance is caught piloting for all 3 wars during the week, they’ll get docked season score points for all 3 wars. And 2 for 2, and1 for 1, but I think war rating reduction only applies once. The point I’m making is that while in other sports and competitions, cheating can be grounds for automatic disqualification but I’m not sure if that logic should apply to the way MCOC has structured AW seasons. If an alliance is caught piloting 1/3 the wars of the week, they get punished for that 1 war. The other 2 wars were won fair and square (assuming Kabam thoroughly investigated). Now say that alliance learned its lesson and stopped piloting, it still will be at a disadvantage because of the season score penalty but if they are legitimately good enough to be where they are, that’s the rewards they should get. Now if they are repeat offenders, that’s where I think Kabam could step up the penalties. The way penalties are applied (war rating reduction = playing easier wars) is subject to debate but if that war rating reduction drops them another tier down, the point difference is significant.

This is just for piloting alliances and I’m hoping to see what Kabam will do about 2* war collusion tomorrow. Will they retroactively subtract any 2* war from season scores, only apply penalties once, or do nothing? One thing for sure, we know they act on the fly and don’t take action unless pressured.
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    We need you more than ever, Edwin Starr.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    i think no one mods here to react or comment for this thread.. maybe because they admit its true and don't know what to do... 😅
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I wasn't ignoring it. I didn't read it until now. However, if you're indirectly asking me to verify what Tier I'm in, I'm not going to "cred up".
    I have no doubt that some spenders cheat. They will inevitably do anything they can to win. That's the mentality behind it. However, there is a general prejudice towards spenders being displayed here that is not a blanket statement. Just because people spend doesn't mean they have no skill, and are reliant on cheating. In general, people would not invest their money in great amounts if they were willing to cheat. That psychology doesn't add up. The whole basis for the cheating is founded in greed. A greedy person would not spend that much, just to allow a Pilot to take over. Not in general, anyway.
    The whole point I was making is they are not overlooking cheating because people spend. Somehow it became a debate on skill versus spending. Cheating is cheating, and people generally don't care what means they win by when they do it. They don't belong on the top if that's the case and we all agree on that. I just don't accept that the real source for Piloting is people who have bought their Accounts but can't play. It's people who not care about the Rewards. Regardless of spending or not.

@GroundedWisdom I don't care what AW tier you're in. I asked about your sources. Based on your answers I'm led to believe your sources include:

- belief in "general prejudice" towards spenders
    - "psychology" of big spenders not being willing to cheat

Lots of players hate on big spenders, I see where you're coming from there. As for big spenders not being willing to cheat, I don't agree with that and neither do many players who actually have master tier/tier 1 AW experience (tier 2 is as high as my alliance has gotten). The psychology of what you were referring to does in fact add up. I have a master's degree in Psychology if that comment seems questionable.

@Jamiefyffe16 already mentioned this year's unit fraud scam that many top players were a part of. In case you missed that, here's a photo courtesy of MCOC Trucos that shows 4 "top" players who were temporarily banned for committing felonies (names are hidden for the picture to abide by the forum's rules):

5ev2zo11nz9h.jpg

Before AW Seasons players did anything and everything to finish at the top of Prestige Wars. Now, Prestige Wars has been replaced by AW Seasons. Hope the evidence provided in this post helps to explain why other players don't agree with your perspective on this topic.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Wrong information you have

It is not possible to go in masters even with 6 win in a row
    Dont panic and relax a lil bit

Actual master ranking is done..maybe 2 places can change and thats all

you have to be in Tier 1 wars and win.... and master race is pretty close.

There 2 allainces that just got hit. and people haven't loged in for more than 1 day soooo

people are willing to cheat/break the rules to get on the top. this will continue to happen as long as kabam keeps doing the right thing and banning cheaters

This discussion has been closed.