**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A Rant about Kabam QA, Bugs in the game, and Server outages

The sheer amount of bugs that make it into updates is disgusting. I program too. I know that bugs suck and happen a lot and are tough to fix. That being said, this is a very wealthy company that has proven time and time again that they cannot consistently catch and fix bugs. It seems that every update there is some new game breaking bug that requires an emergency patch. Its unprofessional, and I thought that by now Kabam would have made changes to improve bug detection and patching.

On top of that, the sheer amount of emergency maintenances and server outages in this game is something that I have never seen before in a mobile game. Its happened every single month, and really badly since around December 2017 and forward.

For both these, and bugs, I sat back thinking Kabam would make changes. Either expanding their QA team, or replacing some members of their QA team. But no, Kabam hasn't done anything at all. These issues come up month after month after month and you wonder sometimes when the community will full on boycott/quit (Don't talk to me about Logout MCOC, the "4th July deals boycott", and other stuff last month because it was a complete disaster that was not thought through at all). Its pretty obvious that the community's relationship with Kabam is getting worse and worse, but THEY ARENT DOING ANYTHING TO CHANGE. We are still getting tons of bugs and server outages.

Im not telling Kabam to fire their QA team or just hire a bunch of guys. Thats really up to them. But in some way/shape/form, Kabam needs to make changes with their QA, because the bugs and server outages in this game is on an unprecedented scale and they don't really seem to care. They just lets tons of bugs slip into updates, and then go crazy trying to put together a patch for it AFTER its been put into the main game. Not only does it suck for us players, but it just makes the relationship with the community and Kabam in a bad spot, it makes tons of heated threads on the forums get posted then taken down, and it puts a lot of stress too on people at Kabam who aren't responsible for incompetent QA.

Mods, if any part of this violates forum rules, PM me so I can edit and repost this in a way that follows the rules. It needs to be said and discussed, because if this goes on more and more its going to cause some massive problems in the future.

Comments

• beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    As a developer i am also at awe with this whole situation. Cannot understand how this could still be happening.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yeah...I think we can all agree that kabam needs to stop pushing new content and fix bugs in the content they’ve already pushed...
  • clcubingclcubing Posts: 29
    They aren't going to stop pushing new content. Their contract with Marvel/Disney probably requires them to do that. Also, if they stopped releasing new content, a bunch of people would get bored and quit.
This discussion has been closed.