**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Banning Issue

My alliance currently has a banning issue where a father and son who live in the same house got banned. They both play and join AW. Is there some rule against two accounts being in the same house participating in AW? They're both incredibly bummed, have sent a ticket, and don't know what they did wrong.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Probably shared the same device? That would be registered as account sharing
  • BigTDogg220BigTDogg220 Posts: 21
    They swear they didn't but they definitely are on the same wifi.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    If the father helped the son through some tough fights, or vice versa, then yes that could get them banned.
    Probably shared the same device? That would be registered as account sharing

But same IP, so there shouldn't be a ban

Also, multiple accounts on same device isn't against ToS.

Seems like a legit misunderstanding. Have them send in a ticket.

Yeah they both sent in a ticket, but they haven't gotten a real response as of yet.
    They swear they didn't but they definitely are on the same wifi.

That doesn't matter.

Ok. That was my thought as well, but nothing else makes sense at the moment.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    ljballer22 wrote: »
    If the father helped the son through some tough fights, or vice versa, then yes that could get them banned.

That is literally impossible to prove.

I didn't say that is what happened. You asked a question and I gave a hypothetical scenario in which a ban would have been warranted.

It's not necessarily impossible to prove, if one is clearly better than the other, then their play style would different. The change in play style could be visible to Kabam. So, if one of them helped the other, then it could potentially be proven.

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    ljballer22 wrote: »

That is literally impossible to prove.

Is also impossible to prove that the two accounts belonged to the same person, which they don't.
    Besides , both accounts are in the same alliance right? That is also not allowed, or at least people had been banned for that aswell in the past
  • Hey there, playing in the same house would not be against terms of service, nor would two people logging into the accounts they created and playing them, even if it was on the same device. We cannot go into account details, including the results of any investigations, here on the forums. If you have more questions about bans, you can find more info here or contact our support team.
This discussion has been closed.