**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208

This game is going in a direction that may lead to it's end. Act 6 restrictions and possible restrictions on 5* are silly. I have no problem in completing this requirement, but it wipes out a good portion of summoners. If one can use 4* to complete Act 6, it shows skill and something that should be lauded, not restricted.This game is becoming less about skill, more about RNG, and who you pull from 5*/6* crystals.

excatly.... its a great game concept and has the marvel stamp. If Kabam would simply get some input from the community and the possible pitfalls prior to making changes like this they'd be on easy street. Instead you smack the beehive with a bat and wonder why the bees are upset. It's soooo tonedeaf and disrespectful. I really hope you all take a few minutes and understand what you're doing. The community is on the brink and there are other options out there. As soon as dominos start falling you'll lose your base. Here's to hoping Kabam makes the right call.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:

ezmoney said:
    Did you even read the thing yourself? Nothing in there even suggests a 5* ban.

Do you know what you and all the other people on this bandwagon mean to seatin and other end game content creators?
    Ad revenue. Nothing more.
    yeah i read it kid and restricting 5*s is right in the same area. Its unnecessary and their explanation of "gates" for 4*s is a joke. So how about you read it son.
    First of all, the "flag" button isn't a "dislike" button, mate. Trying to insult me by calling me a kid, while pretty pathetic as an attempt, is actually worth a flag, though.
    This might help you understand the concept.

Moving on.

Again, did you read it? It says absolutely nothing about a 5* ban. It even mostly talks about making 5* and 6* champs easier to acquire.
    It hints at certain paths in missions after 6.1 maybe requiring you to have X amount of 5*/6* champs in your team. But calling that a 5* ban is way above semantics. It's just plain old not understanding how words work.
    Or, still my guess, you actually did not read the whole message.
    i read it son and its a restriction. My guess is that your roster doesnt even meet the requirements for act 6.1 anyways so why are you even arguing. whats your ign. Prove me I'm wrong fanboy.
    513 posts in 2 months lol seriously dude. You even play?
    You even english...? Please, stay on topic.

Did you read the message yet?
    The gent named umberto says you even english. Ive read it... and its garbage. You posting every other minute rambling that it isn't wont make it any less garbage.
    And that's supposed to make... Sense... I guess?

Okay, look as much as I like turning around in circles, I'd like you to do one thing for me:

Once you finally got to read the whole message yourself, please quote the part that mentions a 5* ban and/or restriction.

Then, although I already quoted and explained that already, I can tell you exactly where your cognitive dissonance stems from.

I might even find an even easier to digest analogy to explain the concept to you then.

Oh, also again, the "flag" button is not a "dislike" button. Flag is spelled f-l-a-g and dislike is spelled d-i-s-l-i-k-e.
    See the difference?
    you post 12 times a day kid. That's insane. What's your ign. I bet you arent even ready for act 6 and you're just being dim and want to try and ensight rage. Which you won't get troll. You even english??? umberto?
    I already said how I'm not ready for act 6 and never said I was. Just a few comments ago actually.

But thanks for showing that you can't even read comments. Tells a lot, mate.

Also the fact that you seem to see "reading comprehension" as "nonsense".

"[...] and Rarity requirements where you must bring [X] amount of 5-Star or 6-Star Champions to complete the quest path."

This right here is the part you saw other people mention (let's face it, you won't read it no matter what). So, to stay on topic, where exactly does it say anything about a 5* ban/restriction? This actually comes down to semantics a little bit, so be careful about how words work.
    Well I'm ready for map 6. So be gone. You speak of things of which you do not know. Go hit up arena bud.
    You want to argue that roster restrictions are bad... and in that discussion... you... want to... restrict... people... Because... of... their... ro... sters...

Brilliant!
    Nah ... I'd like my friends who grinded for synergy 4*s to be able to use them instead of rage quitting because of a poor decision by Kabam. They're pushing people to spend. That's it... there's no other reason to ban 4* champs. The gates response holds absolutley no water.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    edited March 2019

The requirements in Chapter 1 are set as a primer for rest of Act 6. Act 6 Chapter 2 and beyond will also have Champion Requirements, including some more stringent ones like paths that have Class Requirements for your entire team, and Rarity requirements where you must bring [X] amount of 5-Star or 6-Star Champions to complete the quest path.

@Kabam Miike, Kabam absolutely lost my support of the 4* ban with this. I mean, Act 5 release was over the course of a few months. To go from a 4* gate, to path gates of 6* is a little too much, especially if you stagger class and rarity requirements (all must be Science and 3 of this must be 6*).

6* are far too rare to put a restriction or gate of having. I can understand the 4* gates... as many players have a plethora of 5* (though maybe not ones that give the best synergies). I am sorry, but I just joined the rest of the community on this issue.
    The progress gate is explicitly intended to be unlikely for most players to already be past it, and non-trivial to eventually work across it. But I don't think @Kabam Miike meant that there would be some 5* gates and some 6* gates, I think he meant there would be some gates where you would need some minimum number of champions of 5* rarity or higher.

If that's actually what he meant, he should probably clarify.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    arsjum said:

DrZola said:

This thread just needs to die Lol.🤣😂

Agreed. It’s an extremely unpopular decision with only the barest of justifications offered thus far.
    I doubt any of that is going to change regardless of how many posts show up in this thread. And as long as players dump resources into snowball’s-chance FGMCs, there’s no incentive to change anything.

Dr. Zola
    The only way Kabam can reconsider the decision on 4* restriction is if most people refuse to do Act 6.1 when it drops. But we know it won’t happen as the players will flock to conquering it. So, not only Kabam is going to ignore complaints here but the company is in a SAFE POSITION to do so!
    I don't think you understand the purpose of a progress gate. The purpose is to initially limit the number of players capable of crossing the gate. Most people will be incapable of doing Act 6 initially whether they want to or not, which is intentional. Boycotting content the developers are explicitly saying they are trying to limit the number of people capable of blasting through it would be entirely unproductive.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    DNA3000 said:

The requirements in Chapter 1 are set as a primer for rest of Act 6. Act 6 Chapter 2 and beyond will also have Champion Requirements, including some more stringent ones like paths that have Class Requirements for your entire team, and Rarity requirements where you must bring [X] amount of 5-Star or 6-Star Champions to complete the quest path.

@Kabam Miike, Kabam absolutely lost my support of the 4* ban with this. I mean, Act 5 release was over the course of a few months. To go from a 4* gate, to path gates of 6* is a little too much, especially if you stagger class and rarity requirements (all must be Science and 3 of this must be 6*).

6* are far too rare to put a restriction or gate of having. I can understand the 4* gates... as many players have a plethora of 5* (though maybe not ones that give the best synergies). I am sorry, but I just joined the rest of the community on this issue.
    The progress gate is explicitly intended to be unlikely for most players to already be past it, and non-trivial to eventually work across it. But I don't think @Kabam Miike meant that there would be some 5* gates and some 6* gates, I think he meant there would be some gates where you would need some minimum number of champions of 5* rarity or higher.

Actually, I read it as some minimum number of champs of 6* rarity or higher. Otherwise, how is it more stringent than only 5/6*?

But I agree it’s unclear.

Dr. Zola
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Actually, I read it as some minimum number of champs of 6* rarity or higher. But I agree it’s unclear.

Dr. Zola
    I have actually asked for clarification on this the first time within an hour of the initial post by Miike but it seems they are still working to correctly word their replay has they did with Miike's initial response
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    There still isn't anything worse than going through 5.3 100%

Act 4 sucked but not as bad as the slowest fights in the game.
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    I have really bad 5*s (really really bad ones), and I managed to do act 5 100% with my rank 5 5* starlord and the rest were basically 4* apart from my 5* Luke Cage. Now that you guys are restricting us, what are the players with bad supposed to do? I have really bad luck and only have at the moment 3 good 5 star champions, the rest are all mediocre or memes. So obviously I'm not gonna rank them up. Now knowing that all my 4*s are worthless I have no choice but to go in with my 5* Groot and my 5* ant-man. In the case of ant-man, sure, he can be good with synergies, but I have bad luck and haven't got ghost ore the wasp! So what are we supposed to do? Pray we don't get another 20 levels on all our memes? I have opened o would say around 60 five star crystals, and have gotten 5 good pulls (starlord x2, ghost rider and Luke cage x2). So now what? I wait a year? Guess I'll be waiting a year to be able to do it. And guess what, the people that are whales and can spend money will only get better and better and us people without luck and money will just get left behind even more than we already are because we won't be able to complete it for a long long time. But hey, you guys never even read all of this, so I'm probably wasting my time here.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Actually, I read it as some minimum number of champs of 6* rarity or higher. Otherwise, how is it more stringent than only 5/6*?

Dr. Zola
    What I believe he meant was that it's possible we could see gates that require either a minimum number of 5*s or 6*s, and/or Class Requirements.
    edited March 2019
    Meaning you would have to have a certain number of the indicated Rarity. That's how I interpreted it.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Dr. Zola
    What I believe he meant was that it's possible we could see gates that require either a minimum number of 5*s or 6*s, and/or Class Requirements.
    Clearly we are. Champion requirement as well as star requirements. It’s gonna suck. Champion requirement, I’m not against but if star requirements is total bull ****. Let’s say there is a 6* Emma Frost gate, and you don’t have Emma in any star of her,. 6*s are hard enough to get, imagine just getting **** pulls screwing you over of a legends title because of RNG. The idea too restrict the star is total **** and should be removed permanently!
    Yes. They stated 4*s would still remain very powerful, when 6*s were released. That they have. They didn't say you would be using them for every piece of content released, for the indefinite future. Act 6 is one aspect of Storymode. It's permanent content, and once you're done with it, that's it.
    Every other area, you can use 4*s, including ongoing content like Wars, EQ, Special Events, Challenges, AQ, etc. It's litetally one part of the game they can't be used. All of a sudden people are reacting as if they've just removed them from the game.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

Yes. They stated 4*s would still remain very powerful, when 6*s were released. That they have. They didn't say you would be using them for every piece of content released, for the indefinite future. Act 6 is one aspect of Storymode. It's permanent content, and once you're done with it, that's it.
    Every other area, you can use 4*s, including ongoing content like Wars, EQ, Special Events, Challenges, AQ, etc. It's litetally one part of the game they can't be used. All of a sudden people are reacting as if they've just removed them from the game.

People are freaking out because this is screwing over F2P and mid-tier players who don’t have the requirements to do this and need the 4*s they have on their team because the RNG is against them. If it was an event that lasted a month and rarely showed up, it would be a different story, but this is permanent content. Having a star requirements on paths were one certain champ can last the entire thing is still a terrible idea. RNG should not determine whether you can do certain content. It can screw you over and prolong the content you could have gotten done month before with a 4* of the same champion
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    To work on a 4 star roster for years just to have it made kinda worthless, yes I know they can still be used in aw and aq, arena, and event quests, however getting champs that help you progress won’t work nearly at all, say you need void to go through a path, you can spend months or even years before getting him through RNG, and also how you said we will have champion requirement gates for certain characters in Act 6 or you have to have X amount of 6 stars is just a bad move, and I’m a causal player with nearly 3+ years of experience, I get a 5 star nearly every 2 months, and last month I got Colossus, Kamala Khan, and Superior Iron Man, again RNG, and the fun part is I only have 275 6 star shards. Now to tangle why 4 stars are still valuable,
    Synergy Teams
    Easy to get
    Can have champ needed for a gate
    Can have champ needed to beat content
    And much more, people were doing variant with a 3 star Heimdall, people were using 4 stars to beat Realm Of Legends, and in early and in sometimes late Labyrinth Of Legends , so why are they devalued here?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

NO RETREAT! - When the Attacker dashes back, they gain Degen Timer for 1.2 seconds. Dashing back again while the Degen Timer is active causes a Passive Degen, dealing 200% of the Defender's Attack as direct damage over 6 seconds.
    This Buff is meant to impose the mentality of its title: Do not retreat. While other similar Buffs like Caltrops can be easily countered with an Immunity, No Retreat requires careful planning and execution on playstyle to overcome. No Retreat was designed to be possible - but challenging to avoid

Quick question on this node. Will sentinel be on any paths containing this node since he punishes players for blocking and has multiple evades required to avoid his special attacks
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

arsjum said:

DrZola said:

This thread just needs to die Lol.🤣😂

Agreed. It’s an extremely unpopular decision with only the barest of justifications offered thus far.
    I doubt any of that is going to change regardless of how many posts show up in this thread. And as long as players dump resources into snowball’s-chance FGMCs, there’s no incentive to change anything.

Dr. Zola
    The only way Kabam can reconsider the decision on 4* restriction is if most people refuse to do Act 6.1 when it drops. But we know it won’t happen as the players will flock to conquering it. So, not only Kabam is going to ignore complaints here but the company is in a SAFE POSITION to do so!
    I don't think you understand the purpose of a progress gate. The purpose is to initially limit the number of players capable of crossing the gate. Most people will be incapable of doing Act 6 initially whether they want to or not, which is intentional. Boycotting content the developers are explicitly saying they are trying to limit the number of people capable of blasting through it would be entirely unproductive.
    You are right, I do not understand the inner nuances of game development. I have no experience in it. I am just a regular player. What I was trying to say above--my educated guess, no hard evidence--was based on how Kabam responded to Map 7 complaints. Map 7 gated in two major ways: the high cost of donations and increased number of linked nodes. The purpose of the gate, the argument went, was to limit the number of players doing Map 7 for the time being. Many people complained here in the forums. Kabam went ahead. You might have heard, however, that after 3 weeks of running Map 7, Kabam decided to introduce some changes, significantly reducing the number of linked nodes. Why did they do so? Out of a good heart? Did they realize all of a sudden that placing so many linked nodes was too punishing to players? Or was it because the number of players willing to put up with the stringent requirements turned out to be even lower than they expected? I do not know for sure but my gut feeling suggests the latter.

Of course, Kabam is expecting that only a small number of players will be attempting Act 6. But they should be expecting some percentage--however small it is--of players attempting it, right? I have a hard time believing that they expect only the GencemMs and Cowhales--people who are not affected by the Act 6 gating at all--to try to clear Act 6. They should be expecting a very small number of players with a decent 5* roster to try. I am not advocating a boycott of any sorts. I was simply suggesting that Kabam would be willing to reconsider its gating only if it backfires or if their expectations of player participation--however conservative it may be--is not met. Otherwise, player complaints in the forums won't change their opinion.

Feel free to correct my points. As I said, I am just a player and do not have much insight into the thought processes in developers' minds. @DrZola described the explanation given by Kabam Goggy as "gobbledygook." I don't think that is the case. I think Kabam Goggy genuinely expressed his the reasoning behind the gating. But I sympathize with Dr. Zola and others because the language he used to explain his reasoning is mostly incomprehensible to us, regular players. I just do not understand why Kabam decides to impose a restriction on me (my 5* Blade, Domino, Corvus, and Medusa can't benefit from their synergies) but not on GencerMs and Cowhales. Wouldn't it make more sense to come up with a type of gating that targets everyone? I just do not understand why Kabam introduces all these new unique synergies, encouraging me to grind for at least two dozen featured 4* champions to get those synergies, only to learn that when it comes to the future storyline it was all for naught.

I will adapt for sure (not in the way that benefits Kabam since I learned my lesson) but I am also highly dissatisfied.

People are freaking out because this is screwing over F2P and mid-tier players who don’t have the requirements to do this and need the 4*s they have on their team because the RNG is against them. If it was an event that lasted a month and rarely showed up, it would be a different story, but this is permanent content. Having a star requirements on paths were one certain champ can last the entire thing is still a terrible idea. RNG should not determine whether you can do certain content. It can screw you over and prolong the content you could have gotten done month before with a 4* of the same champion
    What you need to do it is 5*s and 6*s. What may be missing are the OP Synergies, or the heavy-hitting Champs that make it much easier. That doesn't mean people don't have what they NEED to do it. It just means they don't have the fastest options. No one has even tried yet. It's not even live. Yes, it means you might not be able to rely on the same Synergies and DPS hitters. Ergo, it will be more challenging for some. That's the whole point.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Wow so shut the front door.

I still don't think this is a big deal, but this is going to get really (word of the day) frustrating.

Earlier my stance was hey let's wait and see what this is all about, but the frustration is coming.

A while back I posted about how to fix alliance war matchmaking, and I got a comment back from a Dev and the guy said something that resonated with me down the linea of "how will this system engage people to go further into the garage"

And I look at act 6 and the plans of it and think this: everything that was said about this announcement, from the rewards to the challenges Kabam wants to put down onto us seems engaging for me to even want to start on it. Almost enough for me to quit, but for that last inch of hope that everyone here is wrong, I'm going to stick around for it
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Yes I acknowledge that this is permanent content and I have time to earn the roster to get into Act 6. However, most F2P players earn one 5* champ every 10-14 days through normal gameplay. With lucky pulls, my entry into Act 6 may be only delayed a month, but all it takes is a string of 6-7 bad pulls and next thing you know it's been months and you're still nowhere closer to playing.

Add into that the resources to rank up those 5* champs. If I had a 4* champ I like using already maxed out (i.e. Wasp), why would I rank up the 5* version if I didn't intend on taking her past 3/45 (basically because 4/55 cats are few & far between for most f2p players)?

I'm not entirely sure this is worthy of 4* rank down tickets for me to "transfer" the resources to the 5* champ, but you can see that I am then essentially forced to use double the resources for a champ that I was already content with only running the 4* version of.

"Then rank up someone else" you say... Ok, I will when I pull them. Hopefully that isn't months away.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    Well, Kabam ran a beta test with a select group of Summoners whose profile they were targeting, had the same 5/6* requirements and from the feedback, realized that 6.1 was doable for that target market, albeit wasn’t easy.

From that perspective, the 5/6* requirements isn’t that bad. (Although I still disagree with it.)
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    xNig said:

Well, Kabam ran a beta test with a select group of Summoners whose profile they were targeting, had the same 5/6* requirements and from the feedback, realized that 6.1 was doable for that target market, albeit wasn’t easy.

From that perspective, the 5/6* requirements isn’t that bad. (Although I still disagree with it.)

They have yet to confirm that the beta testers were held to 5 and 6 stars as far as I know
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Markg25 said:

This thread is meant to discuss constructively everyone's thoughts and concerns towards the addition of Act 6. Moving off topic to discuss other items that can be completely inflammatory results in a violation of forum rules. Keep the discussion on topic or comments will continue to be removed. We don't mind hearing feedback if it is negative, none of that is being removed unless it breaks forum rules in some manner.

My thoughts are @Kabam Vydious it’s absolutely disgusting that 4* champs have been banned from Act 6. Money time and effort has been spent across 10s of thousands of accounts ranking them up.

Why do we need to find the same champ at a higher star to rank up just for synergy purposes?

For example I run 5* blade 5* stark and 4* max sig GR. you now telling me that I need to find a 5* GR and rank it up ( I would only take it to rank 3 ) just so I can add the villain danger sense to my team 🤯

R5 4* and R3 5* is more or less the same thing ? Why one and not the other ???

Hey I can take in a rank 1 5* if I wish ... Apparently that’s been put in place to protect me as a player, to keep me getting “frustrated” at not being able to clear fights?

What will frustrate me more is the fact I’ve got a perfectly good option sitting in my champs list thats now irrelevant to act 6.

It’s beyond a joke it’s suposed to be a skill / strategy based game ....

Due to this I feel the game is basically becoming a money grab .... this I won’t have any financial part in .... please check my recent transactions at your end, Because as of now I won’t spend another penny if these restrictions are in place when Act 6 kicks off.

•Mark-G•

I’ve already removed my card details from the App Store.

And also please don’t compare these “ requirements to the Spider-Man / colossus gates in act 4 .... if the player has enough skill they can use a 2* Spider-Man / colossus to get though these as a penalty to themselves SKILL BASED !!!!