**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cavalier and game progression (for new and older players)

It’s been some time that players have access to act 6, the cavalier status and the necessity to have 5 stars champs to progress.

I’m in an Alliance where time from time we have great difficulty to recruit members. We do map 6 to map 4 in AQ. Some recruits simply doesn’t have stronger or enough ranked champs. Does Kabam has a plan to help new players or to incentivize the return of inactive players and bridge the gap between them and let’s say the “veterans”? It’s difficult to advise someone to fully rank 4 stars when soon it will no longer be as useful to them. Here some suggestions:

Provide rank down for 4 and 5 stars champs: would assist folks reassessing their roster with the current status of the game.
Add Events that provides rank 4 to 5 for 4 stars, once a month. Put restrictions to only use 4 only stars champs in the quest.
This would help new players caught up some and they can use the resources received from AQ and AW to upgrade 5 stars.

Upgrade the loyalty store:
The 4 start Colossus is obsolete. The 5 start no longer has the same value, therefore should be way cheaper. Add a 6 start for 800K loyalty.

Progression as Cavalier:
Here I leave more of a personal note. It has been brutal. The limitation of only being able to use 5 and 6 stars left me with no synergy to play quests. I’m stuck at 6.2.2 as don’t have champs that would work with the boss and insane node. Game feels less skill oriented and more dependent in certain champs and/or synergy. It has always been the case in some level; however now players hit a wall in the progression if they are unlucky with their rosters.

Overall being a cavalier and have rewards that awards 3 stars is useless. Rewards needs an upgrade all around. If it would guarantee a 4 star for instance with a decent chance for a 5 star would be more in sync with the requirements to progress. At least in the worst case some shards towards a 5 star crystal would be helpful.

I have been playing the game for over 4 years, I believe and still hoping to get champs that were released in 2016 not to mention more recent champs from a year or two ago. I understand mostly is “luck” but not being able to progress is not only frustrating, it defeats the reason we want to play the game. For instance I have 64 5 star champs; however have the satisfaction of getting Iron Fist 11 times - it doesn’t matter if I go for feature crystal or not, spend thousand of units in cavalier crystals, simply no luck.

I’m looking for a reliable way to progress as not all of us have luck or are able to drop obscene amounts of $. I’m not sure what’s the answer here, but since Kabam added limitations to players, makes sense to provide them a way to work their way to play end game content. What about have another way to obtain champs besides arena? A quest every month where the player has a possibility to obtain an older champ in a certain period of time. Or a possibility to turn a 4 star champ into a 5 star champ. Once a year give the players the possibility to turn an unwanted champ into other from the same class. Or be able to sell back a champ for respective shards based on the level of the champ in question. You may create the rules and circumstances, but please provide a way to players to progress.

Additionally perhaps Kabam will add some deals with 5 star crystal with guarantee useful champs for this coming up holiday.

Darrah

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Some of your ideas are really good.

I would think a 4* to 5* generic conversion gem will be a very good addition to the game, provided they are given in very very very limited quantities and only attainable through permanent quests (eg Variant).

However, there will need to have certain conditions such as 4* has to be max level max sig, takes 2m gold to convert, 5* will be a 5* R1 etc.

Adding a gem as such will go a long way in providing the community assistance in the acquisition of specific champs without the rng system affecting it.
  • Options
    xNig said:

I would think a 4* to 5* generic conversion gem will be a very good addition to the game, provided they are given in very very very limited quantities and only attainable through permanent quests (eg Variant).

However, there will need to have certain conditions such as 4* has to be max level max sig, takes 2m gold to convert, 5* will be a 5* R1 etc.

Adding a gem as such will go a long way in providing the community assistance in the acquisition of specific champs without the rng system affecting it.

I agree. This could be pure GOLD for some. Chances are though, the gems would be class based and attained from a crystal, lol. Certain champs obviously wouldn't apply (i.e. Wolverine, Scarlet Witch). Overall I would be down for this all day! Especially if they gave us generic gems for tier conversion.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

xNig said:

I agree. This could be pure GOLD for some. Chances are though, the gems would be class based and attained from a crystal, lol. Certain champs obviously wouldn't apply (i.e. Wolverine, Scarlet Witch). Overall I would be down for this all day! Especially if they gave us generic gems for tier conversion.
    Haha hopefully not. I think the class rng will ruin the intention of it.

Targeted acquisition is pretty important at the moment given the huge basic pool. (There will be some complaining that they don’t even have the 4* versions though 😂😂😂)
  • Options
    synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Yeah I’d certainly like to see things like this too. Kabam did a great disservice to its player base by barring 4* champs from Act 6.

The general pool of champions is so huge now even for 6* champions that chances of duping one are about as small as Antman needs to be to get into the micro realm. Clumsy analogy I know lol

Releasing certain crystals based on classes may help but also I think Cavalier Crystals should not contain 3* champions... it’s kinda silly when you think about it that you can’t even use 4* champs in Act 6 and once you obtain that title, you have a high chance of getting a champ who is two levels below the level needed for it! 4* champs minimum would at least give a chance at duping them for 5* shards which is effectively all what Kabam have rendered 4* champs being useful for now for advanced players... I know of a lot of guys who are selling off 4* champs for the 5* shards with no regrets