**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best Defenders in alliance wars

laksh98laksh98 Posts: 1
edited August 2017 in Strategy and Tips

Best Defenders in alliance wars 81 votes

Night Crawler
35%
MasterSmokeSnakeEyes69mum_m2Fireballs5YellsomeDarkZenMillybearDarcilisKDoggg2017I_am_GrootJac094MrLalowBassamistaJkl1984WSoulRavenrob_33StretchnutsTheMageHunterDarkArrow07MarsRuiRui 29 votes
Hood
2%
_LivingDeadGirlNitro23 2 votes
Dormamu
54%
winterthurGamerNevvBLocoMotivesZeke_the_XbotCELEZEMegaSkater67Timone147AppieTheLazyKingStefffSpity68CapWW2SaiyanMhykkeMwhitaker23AfridDK1825Primmer79Amonthir 44 votes
Black Panther(Civil warior)
7%
RotmgmoddySnizzbarLeftTurnAlbqrqeBUZZdog3000LalalalqJarcoo 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    Dormamu
    Awakened Nightcrawler is less effective.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Dormamu
    winterthur wrote: »

Awakened NC kills faster
  • Options
    YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Night Crawler
    gohard123 wrote: »

Awakened NC kills faster

but modes can be changed easily
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    Dormamu
    with 5/5 md and on the correct node like stun immune. he is a true pain
  • Options
    SuskanutSuskanut Posts: 113
    Dormamu
    Why is Duped Spidey Classic not here?????
  • Options
    Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    Dormamu
    Ummm.....where's Magik? Or Mordo? Or Juggernaut? Or Spidey? Etc
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Hood shouldn't be put there
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    Dormamu
    Ummm.....where's Magik? Or Mordo? Or Juggernaut? Or Spidey? Etc
    it might be a poll for his personal inventory on champs to see who to rank up first for his defense possibly
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Black Panther(Civil warior)
    I chose BPCW preference wise. I just find it so easy to accidentally parry him or get caught in his L1. He's probably tied with NC.

I haven't fought hood or Dormammu a lot. I usually face hood on an unblockable special 2 node. People think he does good there, but honestly, once you avoid the first shot, block the rest, and wait for invisibility to end, he basically becomes easy.

As for Dormammu, I've only faced him once on the tile before the stun immune node on the left side. I can kind of get how he could be difficult, but because I can simply parry him and already have a lot of experience fighting him in AQ, Dormammu was easy on that node. Maybe as a mini boss or boss, might be more terrifying, but I wouldn't know cuz I haven't seen him as a boss yet.

In my personal opinion, I think I'd HATE to fight a Yondu the most actually. If you don't have a bleed immune champ, his bleed hurts and can easily kill. The worst node he could be on is the unblockable L2 node, because his special 2 has block penetration. Evading the first hit of the L2 ain't a problem, but having to block the 3 missiles at the end is extremely damaging and painful. Yondu should have been on this poll.
  • Options
    Nitro23Nitro23 Posts: 29
    Hood
    I didn't see dormammu
  • Options
    Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    Dormamu
    Out of the options it really isn't close.
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    I say magik on left miniboss node..
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Night Crawler
    Nice thread making dormammu look even more amazing to make his cutoff even higher...
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Dormamu
    Dormammu, but only on mini-boss or boss nodes, or immunity. Otherwise, out of that list, I dislike facing BPCW the most, because he always bugs out on me and reflects stuns after the fact, or I accidentally parry while evading.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Duped dormamu with 5/5 md is the obvious choice on that list followed by unduped nightcrawler. Cwbp isn't close to either of those. And hood shouldn't even be on defense, despite people consistently putting him there (thank you for putting hood on defense btw)
  • Options
    Dormamu
    Hood would be my second choice
  • Options
    Dormamu
    Yellsome wrote: »

Awakened NC kills faster

but modes can be changed easily

lol 0.3 seconds faster, easier but the fight is more difficult in other aspects.. I would gladly sacrifice 'mode changing speed' for deep wounds damage
  • Options
    Dormamu
    Dusky_Dawn wrote: »
    he is **** anywhere but unblockable sp2
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Dormamu
    Dusky_Dawn wrote: »
    he is **** anywhere but unblockable sp2

Not the best there, either. We have had better luck with Venom (DD does not evade that), or Punisher (similar L2, also easy to avoid and block, but his L1 is much more difficult to evade than Hood's. Also, Endurance is annoying, lol).
  • Options
    Hood
    I think they're all about equal really. Depends on the node placement. Except for who I voted for. The hood only underperforms because the AI really isn't that aggressive with him. Put him up as a boss or mini boss and watch how stupid hard he gets. The others are good anywhere. Stun immune, limber, enhanced sp whatever. Everyone's comfortable dropping them in boss or mini boss nodes. Can't really judge a champ by how badly he's placed.

His sp2 isn't fast like storms and if he's not slamming you into a wall while invisible then he's not in a good node.

Try a Regen node, or an enhanced critical rate/damage with md. Assuming he's duped.

If I had to vote on who I find the most annoying it's bpcw. Dorms easy to read. His degen is the only major threat. Nc is a joke if you can stun or nullify his extra evade. Bpcw is a royal pain. Accidently Parry as his armor increases and you're done. The others need stun immunity or it's too simple. He doesn't. Oh and magik is the better defender than any other mystic at the moment. Those enhanced regenerations are all you need. And MD 4.