**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Flow global node in War [Merged Threads]

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
This node needs a nerf before next season.
For everyone that doesnt know what it does:

We play T2 in P1 and let me tell you when the enemy has Siphon we are happy.

There are champs with that flow tactic that are beyond broken:

Magik
IMIW
Dormamu
Gulli 2099
Heimdal
Mr Sinister
Mojo
Mordo
Punisher 2099
Warlock

First of they write its a powergain BUFF with every crit. You can disable it while stunned.

So I thought okay 2 counterplays for that doesnt sound too bad. You can stun them (ofc not on stunimmune nodes which are 7 or 8 and its tricky vs IMIW)

2nd counter play: nullify them right? Since its a buff? Wrong they are passives.

And when we open a bug post about it. Oh lets change the description. It stays passive. Like what?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1150673#Comment_1150673

That global node is too strong.
You have like 5 counters in the game vs that:

Ghost/hood (tank SP3, GL if they play passive tho/ like waiting your phase and use SP3 after/ happend to me 3 times)

Quake

Crossbones (debatable if he is good enough vs R5s in Tier 3 or higher)

Gulli2099

Cap IW with parry heavy and hope not too many crits

Some more champs can work but it depends a lot on RNG:

magik (hope you got to SP2 before they SP3 so hope you dont crit and they throw their SPs)

Iceman can work to some point with RNG as well (hope you dont crit)

Void hope for petrifies

Luke Cage hope for exhaustions

Please change this node. It sucks the fun out of high tier wars.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• chilangocabronchilangocabron Posts: 34
    Mart83 from Alliance Management and Gameplay point of view also it brutal. Not all 30/30 guys have G-2099 at 5/65 to do enough damage and not timeout.
    Second not all guys are quake experts so if they get stuck on a Flow3 champ on their path its basically backup or resources.

Imo it need be modified or a good Kabam player needs to post some videos explaining the fights and potential OG counters.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    They will just buff/balance something else and that will be the new OP global.
    The issue is that these globals are impossible to balance with all of the nodes and the ever increasing champs. Something will always be ridiculous which goes against what kabam wanted to do in the first place.
    They should just admit defeat and scrap globals as an idea.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Mart83 said:

Awful node, no real way round it on stun immune unless you are an unbelievable Quaker or use guilly 2099, at least with siphon you could get around most fights by general good play and intercepting, this node is borderline ruining AW for me. The power gain is just plain stupid and the mechanic of it triggering on every crit is bad as well. Get rid!

This. Atleast with Siphon, there are ways to play around it. Definitely sucks, but still can manage and play with the node. On stun immune, and even non stun immune sometimes, there are only 2-3 champs who can do anything. Void, who doesn't crit too much suddenly starts doing crits as if he's Corvus. And if you get petrify last, you're basically ****.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

They will just buff/balance something else and that will be the new OP global.
    The issue is that these globals are impossible to balance with all of the nodes and the ever increasing champs. Something will always be ridiculous which goes against what kabam wanted to do in the first place.
    They should just admit defeat and scrap globals as an idea.

1 idea is not to buff others but to nerf the strong ones little by little. In that case we would not have a stupid one every new season.

I agree that you can never balance them tho. Very bad concept from the start. And they failed their own goal 100%

I agree with a lot of the comments here. I don’t think it’s just flow, all of the global nodes need to be looked at.

Flow you gain insane power
    Siphon you’re punished for a mechanic you need to use sometimes. I’m pretty good at intercepting but when the AI plays passive as it has been lately, you have to resort to blocking times.
    Evade- as much as it says 2%, the chances are much higher. I get probability and it’s not 2 in every 100. It’s a 2% chance every hit. Which definitely seems high when you get an evade every 10 hits.

I get they don’t want wars to be 100%, itemless. I remember back in the day I went a whole season without using an item taking line 9 (debuff immune mini) and clearing out the boss solo. That was also unbalanced.

But using 15/15 items to not let your alliance down is also unbalanced. Some of my guys are spending more on potions and revives than ranking up champs. That’s pretty unbalanced also

I agree 100%.
    I was shocked when I was told half the alliance used 500-1000 units to buy heals at the end of the season. And they dont use their glory for anything else except lvl 4. I have a little better management on my items but I was getting close to 0 as well.

That was not a problem with siphon or evade or the metal thing. Got me thinking.
    Mauled said:

I agree with a lot of the comments here. I don’t think it’s just flow, all of the global nodes need to be looked at.

Flow you gain insane power
    Siphon you’re punished for a mechanic you need to use sometimes. I’m pretty good at intercepting but when the AI plays passive as it has been lately, you have to resort to blocking times.
    Evade- as much as it says 2%, the chances are much higher. I get probability and it’s not 2 in every 100. It’s a 2% chance every hit. Which definitely seems high when you get an evade every 10 hits.

I get they don’t want wars to be 100%, itemless. I remember back in the day I went a whole season without using an item taking line 9 (debuff immune mini) and clearing out the boss solo. That was also unbalanced.

But using 15/15 items to not let your alliance down is also unbalanced. Some of my guys are spending more on potions and revives than ranking up champs. That’s pretty unbalanced also

Actually, I'm not sure if not using items is unbalanced. I've seen people doing runs of V1 and Act 6 etc itemless. Not one revive. That just shows that they're skilled enough for it. You don't need to force people to dump items.
    There is as element of truth to that to be fair, but there is also a huge difference in skill between mid-P1 and masters. We finished in the bottom end of P1 (won 8, lost 3 and fought 2nd place twice), and for the most part our deaths and that of our opponents were very very high. There are very few alliances that can go through a T2+ war and barely drop deaths. For every alliance other than the top 20 death counts make you look like you’ve come out of WW1 this season.

Flow should
    A - be scrapped.
    B - made a buff, reduction to 25% and given a cool down before reactivating.
    Oh I agree. Just saying that they shouldn't have to force us to use items if there are a few people skilled to go itemless. Rest of the community isn't like that. Flow is garbage for sure.
    Just faced a Dorm on Masochism with Void, and every hit was a crit. Since when does Void crit so much?
    That are very good suggestions to be honest

I think a cooldown between activations is a terrific idea. A cooldown is already a thing with Bulwark. Once triggered, it goes on cooldown, so big hits aren't countered with an indestructible buff all the time. Also, it's an indestructible BUFF, meaning nullification champs can also work around this.

Flow grants passive power gains (can't be nullified) and has no cooldown period. Looking strictly at Flow and Bulwark, how are they even remotely balanced?

Definitely needs a rework. Your suggestions are the right step and definitely feel Kabam should take it into consideration. And reduce the power gained. It's ridiculous
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    A cooldown is a great idea. 45% of max power is huge already. WIth it stacking as well, it's just insanity.