**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

AQ Timeout

Comments

• PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    edited May 2020
    [Removed by Mod]
    Some of us understand coding and when we say it is a "bug" what we mean is it is an unintended consequence to an interaction in the code of the game.
    Post edited by Kabam Rose on
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    [Removed by Mod]

You've never worked as a developer have you? Let alone in games development.

Here let me tell you from my 8 years of Games Testing, bugs can occur out of nowhere for no apparent reason. It's not just the game client that is installed on the device that can have an issue, but also server sided issues that aren't installed on your device.

So for one who touts about talking out of one's rear end, you sure do it a lot yourself.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    [Removed by Mod]

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read all day, but then it’s early and I haven’t gotten to the comment section of the opinion columns yet.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    It’s funny some people will still react to statements even when not called out directly , guess people know what they are !

They were trying to change something and instead the aq ruleset changed ? Lmao , you guys mean someone was working with the gearbox and the brakes started misbehaving?

I need to stop coming to the forums , complete waste of time , full of id**ts and uninspiring just like this game !
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Wait what even is the Timeout method? I’ve never heard of it and even when I was running Map 6 with Corvus, I was finishing fights in under a minute.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Wait what even is the Timeout method? I’ve never heard of it and even when I was running Map 6 with Corvus, I was finishing fights in under a minute.

It is a known map 7 tactic than can be done by Corvus anywhere. Where you keep him at 1% maximize your damage through charges and timeout, rinse, repeat. This is how majority of the map 7 guys handled Annihilus boss when no one knew how to accurately beat him for example.

It is a known map 7 tactic than can be done by Corvus anywhere. Where you keep him at 1% maximize your damage through charges and timeout, rinse, repeat. This is how majority of the map 7 guys handled Annihilus boss when no one knew how to accurately beat him for example.
    Timeout by closing the game or timeout by dodging
    Annihilus for two minutes or so?

AlphA101 said:

It’s funny some people will still react to statements even when not called out directly , guess people know what they are !

They were trying to change something and instead the aq ruleset changed ? Lmao , you guys mean someone was working with the gearbox and the brakes started misbehaving?

I need to stop coming to the forums , complete waste of time , full of id**ts and uninspiring just like this game !

Live look @AlphA101 trying to drop his .exe file onto the mainframe source code.
    Hacking into the hash code of the server, splicing the lines and infiltrating the motherlode!

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

It's more popular in map 7. When you are 1% you can pause and let time run out. Timing out takes half your life but saves the defenders health where it was when paused. Shouldn't be needed on map 6 unless you are playing above your level.

It saves on item use as well which is why people are leaping off the deep end so quickly.

It's more popular in map 7. When you are 1% you can pause and let time run out. Timing out takes half your life but saves the defenders health where it was when paused. Shouldn't be needed on map 6 unless you are playing above your level.

It saves on item use as well which is why people are leaping off the deep end so quickly.
    Ah, thanks
    ItsDamien said:

AlphA101 said:

Live look @AlphA101 trying to drop his .exe file onto the mainframe source code.
    Hacking into the hash code of the server, splicing the lines and infiltrating the motherlode!

Uploading the .exe into sever for the mainframe to defrag and config the data ports so the source code can batch the protocols into floppy drive.

ItsDamien said:

AlphA101 said:

Uploading the .exe into sever for the mainframe to defrag and config the data ports so the source code can batch the protocols into floppy drive.

Damn it, there's a password! Wait. It's Swordfish It's always Swordfish!

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

AlphA101 said:

Damn it, there's a password! Wait. It's Swordfish It's always Swordfish!

• GamerGamer Posts: 9,895 ★★★★★
    Hasn’t happened for me im fine with the fix for couvs but sinst this efte ever champion in the game the only real way to shot down this for good is no more tim in either game mode
  • XygonXygon Posts: 123
    If this was intentional, there are plenty of other ways to handle the situation that are less destructive. Round down the end health. Increase the timeout value to 15 minutes so it's less of a method and more of a rare occurrence. But because the reports are saying this is happening across champs, it seems more like an unintentional bug in the ".exe" (lol) than anything.
  • XygonXygon Posts: 123
    But killing on timeout completely is horrible. They need to remove champs like King Groot in that case, and lower the health pool of bosses and minis. That's why I err on the "this is a bug" side of the guesses coming out.
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    ItsDamien said:

[Removed by Mod]

Here let me tell you from my 8 years of Games Testing, bugs can occur out of nowhere for no apparent reason. It's not just the game client that is installed on the device that can have an issue, but also server sided issues that aren't installed on your device.

So for one who touts about talking out of one's rear end, you sure do it a lot yourself.

You must have spent those 8 years working for Kabam if you think that's normal.....
    Seraph said:

ItsDamien said:

[Removed by Mod]

You must have spent those 8 years working for Kabam if you think that's normal.....
    It happens in ALL games companies, and in ALL games. You also have never worked as a developer or in the games industry either have you?
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    I use this method somedays in map 6 but it does seem like a cheat. I can understand why kabam would change it but it should not have happened without notice.

A better way to fix the corvus cheat is to remove the timer all together. It serves no purpose and removing it would prevent the infinite corvus timeouts
    Frosty said:

I use this method somedays in map 6 but it does seem like a cheat. I can understand why kabam would change it but it should not have happened without notice.

A better way to fix the corvus cheat is to remove the timer all together. It serves no purpose and removing it would prevent the infinite corvus timeouts

They aren't going to change it. It's a bug.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    It's firstly a bug and then it's a nerf. Don't y'all know this game?
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    ItsDamien said:

Seraph said:

ItsDamien said:

[Removed by Mod]

It happens in ALL games companies, and in ALL games. You also have never worked as a developer or in the games industry either have you?
    Simply using caps doesn't validate your comments and you certainly don't have enough experience to make that sort of statement. I can however tell you that in my company, code that is tested and released doesn't simply change behaviour when run in the same set of scenarios as has been described in this thread.