**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cav EQ

jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
These bosses are terrible, most of you might have all the counters in the world but I don't and the t5 basic is really useful for me. I can't even get past that void though! Please don't make bosses like these every month.

Comments

• jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
    Yeah maybe it's just me then, the void is the only one giving me problems, I don't have archangel or blade, would ghost or stealthy work?
  • ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    @Worknprogress who u used for odin and mangog ?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I did the Odin and Mangog fights without knowing anything about them, so they felt hard on my completion run. Now I have seen some videos on them, and they seem less of a hassle now.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Valmarx said:

Used Doom and Sym for Odin. Sym was super slow, Doom was fine. Torch and Rulk for Mangog. Super easy with both both basically anyone can do that fight. Just bait sp1s and don't get hit by the one that gets him to 10 Hatred.

https://streamable.com/plx7ok
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    jaysavage said:

Yeah maybe it's just me then, the void is the only one giving me problems, I don't have archangel or blade, would ghost or stealthy work?

Did it with Ghost & hood synergy.
    https://youtu.be/kVa1kQTKP8Q
    edited March 2021
    Valmarx said:

Magneto works on Odin, his dead when you get to sp3.
    Ghost for Mangog.

https://youtu.be/yHOMdJd_oi0
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    jaysavage said:

These bosses are terrible, most of you might have all the counters in the world but I don't and the t5 basic is really useful for me. I can't even get past that void though! Please don't make bosses like these every month.

How did you defeated that jane
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    It's honestly not that bad. I'm having fun for the first time in a while tbh.

Just finished the mangog chapter 100% and 5/65 torch made it child's play. Was getting him down in around 30 hits

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    jaysavage said:

I used ghost for void.

Valmarx said:

Used Doom and Sym for Odin. Sym was super slow, Doom was fine. Torch and Rulk for Mangog. Super easy with both both basically anyone can do that fight. Just bait sp1s and don't get hit by the one that gets him to 10 Hatred.

Archangel makes quick work of Odin.
    @Sw0rdMaster how are u not getting any debuffs against void?
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    jaysavage said:

If you play around with your combo you can avoid void’s debuffs. You purify a debuff every time you hit a multiple of 10 on the combo meter so the idea is to do 8 or 9 hits and then wait until the debuff starts loading on you so you can do a 10th hit and purify it.
    @Will3808 I know that but there were points where he didn't get debuffs even at combo 7.
    Will3808 said:

jaysavage said:

If you play around with your combo you can avoid void’s debuffs. You purify a debuff every time you hit a multiple of 10 on the combo meter so the idea is to do 8 or 9 hits and then wait until the debuff starts loading on you so you can do a 10th hit and purify it.
    Actually I’m wrong. That’s typically how you play around void’s debuffs but in that instance ghost was shrugging them off I think because of the hood synergy. I play ghost a lot but I’m not actually sure why she shrugs off non-damaging debuffs sometimes but other times she doesn’t.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I'd use AA for Void but I'm running suicides so Mole Man wrecks him. Mix of Stealthy and HT for Mangog. Everyone else is just easy.
    Will3808 said:

Will3808 said:

jaysavage said:

Actually I’m wrong. That’s typically how you play around void’s debuffs but in that instance ghost was shrugging them off I think because of the hood synergy. I play ghost a lot but I’m not actually sure why she shrugs off non-damaging debuffs sometimes but other times she doesn’t.
    Ghost doesn't shrug non damaging debuffs so it seems as though he's bugged. I never noticed anything with him but I was using AA
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

I'd use AA for Void but I'm running suicides so Mole Man wrecks him. Mix of Stealthy and HT for Mangog. Everyone else is just easy.

Damnit, I forgot about Molegod.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I ramped up my shiny new Prof X and used Colossus for Void. One sp2 and if you get some luck with the crits, the fight's over.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

jaysavage said:

I do think they're harder than usual, but keep in mind that cav EQ was supposedly made to test deeper rosters. So the whole "every counter in the world argument" doesn't really work.
    They should be harder.
    @Worknprogress I’ve seen multiple weird interactions where ghost shrugs non-damaging debuffs and i think you’re right that they’re bug. One example I can think of is last month in the skill chapter of the cav eq she was shrugging the power stings from stung once, twice shy. It only happened on specific fights though so it wasn’t all of them.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

jaysavage said:

I do think they're harder than usual, but keep in mind that cav EQ was supposedly made to test deeper rosters. So the whole "every counter in the world argument" doesn't really work.
    They should be harder.
    Despite the disagrees we'll get, I agree. Cav EQ has not lived up to the difficulty hype we were sold. But then again, completion doesn't mean nearly as much as we were told it would in the roadmap, so whatever.
    Yep. I'm still cruising through it easily.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★

Valmarx said:

What did you think of Mangogs and Odin's specials, difficulty wise?
    Will3808 said:

@Worknprogress I’ve seen multiple weird interactions where ghost shrugs non-damaging debuffs and i think you’re right that they’re bug. One example I can think of is last month in the skill chapter of the cav eq she was shrugging the power stings from stung once, twice shy. It only happened on specific fights though so it wasn’t all of them.

I don't use her nearly as much as I used to so haven't seen anything myself. That is quite odd though. Absolutely would be a bug of some sort if that's the case.
    Terra said:

Valmarx said:

What did you think of Mangogs and Odin's specials, difficulty wise?
    Both Odin's specials are very easy to avoid as is Mangog's sp1. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to dex his sp2 though.
    jaysavage said:

Use the hood synergy.

jaysavage said:

Use the hood synergy.

That stops the damage you'd take while under phase, it absolutely does not stop the debuff from placing at all like was happening in that video

jaysavage said:

Use the hood synergy.

That stops the damage you'd take while under phase, it absolutely does not stop the debuff from placing at all like was happening in that video
    Ohh i saw it in this thread so gave it a try.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/174048/ghost-phasing