**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Announcing Act 5 Chapter 4: Cornerstone

Comments

• Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    So....Ya'll got any of them Tier 1 Alpha's?

These rewards are amazing, don't get me wrong, but if you're gonna make 5*'s require PILES of T1 Alphas you need to chuck some into the rewards here and there. Or just get rid of them for ranks that take T2 Alphas since a higher tier resource should replace the lesser one as is the case with 4* heroes. Either or, take your pick.

How about collecting them during one month ? In one month you can get 20 minimum.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Kabam definitely got this one right. I'm sure I'll be cussing out my phone in frustration, but the rewards look good.

As far as the legend title goes, it's always been unfair to Android users, I don't expect them to make it fair for this event either.
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Why is the legends run by time attack? Seems unfair
  • Options
    AnjiAnji Posts: 19
    Please put an image of awards , it will help to visualize better
  • Options
    Simple question
    Why a time attack method for legends?
    This is totally unfair, and i explain why
    People will have a lot of time to gather info, wait the last 2 days of the eligible period to submit the time... And in this case all is down to **** RNG system based on the luck with the 5* pulls, and is total unfair
    The right way for a legend run in a hard and competitive event like this, is to do it "first to complete first to get it" order
    Because that's is the meaning to risk everything and go immediately into a rush for 100% of it without have any info, like was for Act4 and for LoL

Please, i'm asking to you all team and community, give me your feedback and start a discussion about this, maybe with a dedicated thread for the legend run method

Thanks for your time

I don't think it is more or less fair to run the Legends run first to finish or best time to finish. Yes, the people who do it first will have a harder time completing it than the people who start later and can gather information from the earlier runners. But that's only if the earlier runners choose to share that information and every Legend runner is in the same position to decide when to start.

I'm not even sure you mean "unfair" when you say the legend system is unfair. Unfair presumes it is unfair to someone, but there's no one you can point to that has an unfair disadvantage: everyone has the same opportunities to try to improve their knowledge of the map. I think you mean it is less competitive doing it this way because you see learning the map to be part of the competition, and thus allowing legend runners to learn from other players first and then attempt the run after having additional information removes an element of the competition. I think that is a fair criticism, but Kabam seems to believe that allowing legend runners the most flexibility to choose their starting time is more desirable than maximally limiting the information they can collect from other players.

There's always a little bit of tension between the game designers wanting to limit the amount of information the players have about the game and the player communities wanting to share that information. After all, LoL also has a locked camera and hidden nodes, but its not like many players go into it blind. Is it "unfair" that LoL runners have the benefit of that knowledge when LoL was "intended" to hide that information from the player? Yes and no. It goes against the quest design, but in part that is what you have to expect will happen when you make an MMO that is presumed to have active player communities.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Can we know what’s the rough length of exploration as compared to monthly EQ?
  • Options
    What if your champs are not strong enough to complete quests 1-6
  • Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Um, where are the tier 1 alphas?
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Simple question
    People will have a lot of time to gather info, wait the last 2 days of the eligible period to submit the time... And in this case all is down to **** RNG system based on the luck with the 5* pulls, and is total unfair
    The right way for a legend run in a hard and competitive event like this, is to do it "first to complete first to get it" order
    Because that's is the meaning to risk everything and go immediately into a rush for 100% of it without have any info, like was for Act4 and for LoL

Please, i'm asking to you all team and community, give me your feedback and start a discussion about this, maybe with a dedicated thread for the legend run method

Thanks for your time

I don't think it is more or less fair to run the Legends run first to finish or best time to finish. Yes, the people who do it first will have a harder time completing it than the people who start later and can gather information from the earlier runners. But that's only if the earlier runners choose to share that information and every Legend runner is in the same position to decide when to start.

I'm not even sure you mean "unfair" when you say the legend system is unfair. Unfair presumes it is unfair to someone, but there's no one you can point to that has an unfair disadvantage: everyone has the same opportunities to try to improve their knowledge of the map. I think you mean it is less competitive doing it this way because you see learning the map to be part of the competition, and thus allowing legend runners to learn from other players first and then attempt the run after having additional information removes an element of the competition. I think that is a fair criticism, but Kabam seems to believe that allowing legend runners the most flexibility to choose their starting time is more desirable than maximally limiting the information they can collect from other players.

There's always a little bit of tension between the game designers wanting to limit the amount of information the players have about the game and the player communities wanting to share that information. After all, LoL also has a locked camera and hidden nodes, but its not like many players go into it blind. Is it "unfair" that LoL runners have the benefit of that knowledge when LoL was "intended" to hide that information from the player? Yes and no. It goes against the quest design, but in part that is what you have to expect will happen when you make an MMO that is presumed to have active player communities.

Yeah i totally understand your point
    I was referring more to all the time runners have to plan the run, they have almost 2 months to wait to stack their roster more: waiting for 5* champs of the featured re-run or basic january pool, and/or wait for december units/money deals to get more 5* shards for more attempts or maybe rank a champ to 4/55 they need for their run strategy if deals with rare rank up materials like t2a came out

As you mentioned yeah, i think this method take out a big competitive side of this "race", making it only a thing where you wait, collect info, and pray to have the best champs that will let you beat it faster than others, so having all details of the map i think it will be a lot RNG based on the luck of the pull of an account

In this case they are leaving an open door to mercy too, because if someone have te perfect roster to run that faster than others but he lack of skills, he just have to pay someone and let him to do it

I'm not saying the doing it from first to last to finish could have taked out that merc option, but of course could have limited it

Maybe is only me thinking in this way

And another thing... top100? At this point of the game of a never-expiring content?
    To not mention that spots 6-100 have the same extra rewards of spots 6-100 of act 4, they just added a 4* thanos
  • Options
    A Thanos and, and kang wow but I am only act 4 :(:(:(
  • Options
    DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Instead of giving 5* ag on completion of act 5.4 can you please do it on completion of act 5 , that would be good for a lot of us.
  • Options
    B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    hurricant wrote: »
    How many total t4b for 100% (completion + exploration, assuming 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 are already 100%)

Including fully formed and Fragments, 12 T4Bs for 100% Exploring Act 5.

Considering thats nearly the max capacity allowed isn’t it about time Kabam gave us a little more storage space? Most of us will have 15 T4b (max) when doing this event. surely we should be able to do this chapter and at least not have to worry about the rewards going immediately into our overflow that will expire. Please consider a way of us to hold more capacity on Rewards.
  • Options
    Ooooo
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    Hey why don’t you guys do 2 legend type events? First one being first 100 people to beat 5.4 get legends and then fastest 100 people after the cutoff get legends and 1 person cannot qualify for both it would be great done this way!
  • Options
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Simple question

Thanks for your time

This has been mentioned by others, but the main reason is that it isn't a level playing field for anyone who has a day job where they can't take time off work, or lives in a time zone that doesn't line up with our specific release times (usually 10 AM Vancouver time). That's pretty rough for someone who lives in China where it would be around 2 in the morning...

This way, people have time to set aside a chunk of time and really invest in a legends run, instead of just giving up before they tried because they had to work that day.

Maybe a regional and a platform specific legends system is needed. Example: top 25 Android and top 25 IOS users in Eastern Americas each get Legend, top 25 for each platform in Western Americas get it, top 25 in Asia on each platform get it, and top 25 on each platform in Europe get it. that would make 8 groups of 25 to account for four regions and 2 major device platforms so total number of legends per event would be 200. Give the special prizes to the top person in each of the 8 groups instead of the top 5 across the board. Not sure if a system like the one I propose would be possible for you all but it would certainly be a more efficient and fairer way for all of your player base to participate if it is.

You DO KNOW MCoC is global right? And not only based in Asia, America and Europe? I figure not since you left out the likes of Australia and Africa (which is where I am) in your calculations.
  • Options
    I agree with Lagacy! seems like it would allow the people who blaze the trail for all the others that are going to wait and strategize to get rewards for their efforts as well.
  • Options
    bradshaw84 wrote: »
    Love the rewards, excited to play the new content. And I’m usually the pessimist on here lol.

Now all we need is 1 or 2 rank down tickets during the December gifting event and I’ll get a kabam tattoo on my forehead. *nudge nudge*

With changes/additions this big, it's only fair that we get a few... but we won't lol I've made peace with it. Everyone should.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    The time attack is the fairest way for everyone who plans to run legends to have a chance at it.

Since the bulk of the legend runners are going to wait anyway, it removes the advantage for later runners.

So honestly there’s no difference. But what this does is to allow players of different time zones to compete on the same platform.

For eg, the quest comes on at 2am my time, and if I were to run for legends under the first come first serve system, it’s gonna be what.. 2am to 9-10am at the very least?
  • Options
    Yellsome wrote: »
    Now I'm waiting for someone to come and say they want rdts for rewards

Already has lol!
  • Options
    SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★
    Time attack makes the most $. There’s no reason it would be first to finish again.
  • Options
    Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Overall I’m really looking forward to this event, and the rewards are fairly legit. We all acknowledge you can’t make everyone happy, but a few suggestions to consider (most have already been mentioned):

- Rewards should include some T1As.
    - Expand basic and class catalyst capacity. The game has evolved well beyond 4* and our ability to hold resources should do the same.

If there is a plan to launch a daily/weekly/monthly event (similar to gold realms) for gold and T1As, now we would be an optimal time to say so. It would quell a lot of our gripes for that resource.
  • Options
    Illuminant wrote: »
    These rewards are amazing but I don’t even have a rank 3 5 star yet LMAO

• Options
    Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    edited November 2017
    So if it’s like solving a riddle and can’t zoom out on map, we have to notate and write down/remember what paths we take so we don’t waste energy doing repeated paths??

You want us to pull out a word document and document all paths and turns??
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Tjk602 wrote: »
    So if it’s like solving a riddle and can’t zoom out on map, we have to notate and write down/remember what paths we take so we don’t waste energy doing repeated paths??

@Tjk602 there will be full maps with nodes and notes available within days of the release.
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    The time attack is the fairest way for everyone who plans to run legends to have a chance at it.

Since the bulk of the legend runners are going to wait anyway, it removes the advantage for later runners.

So honestly there’s no difference. But what this does is to allow players of different time zones to compete on the same platform.

For eg, the quest comes on at 2am my time, and if I were to run for legends under the first come first serve system, it’s gonna be what.. 2am to 9-10am at the very least?

Lol. More like 4-5pm. Lagacy did 5.3 exploration in one run, with Stark Spidey nonetheless. It took around 14-15 hours, so i'm thinking 5.4 would be around the same time.

But yeah agree with the time-attack thing. No one's forcing you guys to do your run on the day it drops, you can wait and strategize too.
  • Options
    Sha59Sha59 Posts: 36
    xNig wrote: »
    Sha59 wrote: »
    Simple question

Thanks for your time

This has been mentioned by others, but the main reason is that it isn't a level playing field for anyone who has a day job where they can't take time off work, or lives in a time zone that doesn't line up with our specific release times (usually 10 AM Vancouver time). That's pretty rough for someone who lives in China where it would be around 2 in the morning...

This way, people have time to set aside a chunk of time and really invest in a legends run, instead of just giving up before they tried because they had to work that day.

And yet you give over a month and a half?

I completely understand your logic, but its ridiculous sorry, it should have to be started within 24 hours to apply for the legends badge.

All you are going to get now is the same 10 people, who will get paid to merc 10 different accounts in the top 100.

Thus not benefiting the actual players atall.

Yet another reason why i have retried but you guys are completely clueless on how to manage a game of this kind.

What are you still doing on the forums if you have retired?

What are you doing on the forum instead of grinding and working on your account?

Does it really matter?
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Tjk602 wrote: »

@Tjk602 there will be full maps with nodes and notes available within days of the release.

Yeah idk why they're doing the camera lock thing. They should know by now the information would be out in the community in a day. Maybe it's just to annoy us during playing lol.
    Or maybe the paths have special items that they don't want us to farm.
  • Options
    One doubt..how mant 6*crystal shards do we need to make one 6*crystal ??