**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Aegon rank up for Necropolis

Hi everybody, i’m looking for some advice about completion and then exploration of necropolis. Right now i have a 200sig r4 aegon but i have enogh cats to r5 him and i can also ascend him. I don’t have kate or shuri unfortunately so i think aegon is the best choice here. Should i rank him up or it’s better to save cats for 7*? Is an r4 ascended enogh? I’ve heard that zemo is also great for necropolis but right now is r1 (got him 2 days ago) and also i know nothing about him. Thanks in advance 😌

Comments

• Options
    LetheLatteLetheLatte Posts: 114
    Hey there, I ranked up my Ægon to r4 200 sigs and even ascended him, I just recently finished my necro path and he was amazing, did every fight (Titania-Guardian), he works very well (Make sure to be fully boosted for more dmg)
  • Options
    EmilikEmilik Posts: 121

Hey there, I ranked up my Ægon to r4 200 sigs and even ascended him, I just recently finished my necro path and he was amazing, did every fight (Titania-Guardian), he works very well (Make sure to be fully boosted for more dmg)

Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience. Looking forward, do you think r4 is enogh for exploration too?
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 947 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    R4 will get you through - it’s just going to cost you more revives or units. If you are exploring - rank him up further. If it’s just a one time run for completion… I wouldn’t. I didn’t rank mine to R5 or ascend -I am not very good, didn’t do much of any prep, never used aegon before … and I was never roadblocked
  • Options

R4 will get you through - it’s just going to cost you more revives or units. If you are exploring - rank him up further. If it’s just a one time run for completion… I wouldn’t. I didn’t rank mine to R5 or ascend -I am not very good, didn’t do much of any prep, never used aegon before … and I was never roadblocked

I will explore eventually, but without shuri or kate i don’t know if aegon is still the best option for all the paths or if there are better options. Thanks for your reply 💪🏻
  • Options
    LetheLatteLetheLatte Posts: 114
    For exploration, maybe not, and you'll need shuri, Kate or zemo to be able to fully complete it
  • Options

For exploration, maybe not, and you'll need shuri, Kate or zemo to be able to fully complete it

Oh ok. Maybe r4 aegon would be enogh. But about zemo, is r4 enogh for exploration? I need to watch a few videos because i don’t know him at all
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 241 ★★
    I'm trying to decide the same thing. @Chuck_Finley how many revives did you use?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,133 ★★★★★
    R5 + Ascension + sig 200 + pepe videos (loads of units) = 100% Necro.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 947 ★★★★★
    jdschw said:

I'm trying to decide the same thing. @Chuck_Finley how many revives did you use?

You can read all about my trials and tribulations here…😉
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2423411#Comment_2423411
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 850 ★★★
    Emilik said:

Hi everybody, i’m looking for some advice about completion and then exploration of necropolis. Right now i have a 200sig r4 aegon but i have enogh cats to r5 him and i can also ascend him. I don’t have kate or shuri unfortunately so i think aegon is the best choice here. Should i rank him up or it’s better to save cats for 7*? Is an r4 ascended enogh? I’ve heard that zemo is also great for necropolis but right now is r1 (got him 2 days ago) and also i know nothing about him. Thanks in advance 😌

I used r5 aegon , not ascended to 100% necro and he worked well . If he is ascended , it will take you probably 20-30 less revives , but in return , u have 200 dust to ascended a different 6 star champ . Providing that we probably won;t have any usage for aegon until the very next everest content (he is not usable in aw, BG ,8.4, and even aq where 80% of the champ will be better than him), it is your decision whether 200 dust on him worth 20-30 revives or not .
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,791 ★★★★★
    I am at the same position like you and I plan to R5 and Ascend him, just for completion purposes. I also plan to over- budget my revives needs for the run.

If it’s for eventual exploration, it is not even a discussion that you should do it.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,343 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Emilik said:

Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience. Looking forward, do you think r4 is enogh for exploration too?
    If your plan is exploration, you can do what I did.

I chose to do path 5 with my R4 Aegon ascended, so I could get the 4-5 gem and use it on him for the remainder. This saves those catalysts for 7*.

Edit: This cost about 80 revives with a full Aegon team.
  • Options
    Jack2634 said:

Emilik said:

I used r5 aegon , not ascended to 100% necro and he worked well . If he is ascended , it will take you probably 20-30 less revives , but in return , u have 200 dust to ascended a different 6 star champ . Providing that we probably won;t have any usage for aegon until the very next everest content (he is not usable in aw, BG ,8.4, and even aq where 80% of the champ will be better than him), it is your decision whether 200 dust on him worth 20-30 revives or not .
    That’s true, 20-30 revives (or units) are easier to farm than t2 dust, but on the other side there isn’t contents that really need ascended champs, not yet at least (have herc already ascended). I’ll take 2-3 days to make up my mind. Thank you very much
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,841 ★★★★
    Jack2634 said:

Emilik said:

I think this is probably the most helpful way to look at it I’ve seen so thank you. I took mine to R5 and was fine with that decision but have been struggling on whether to ascend him. For me, I’ve never loved the really long fight content so I’m probably going to complete Necropolis but not explore it. In that context it’s probably not worth it for me to ascend him as well - rather just spend the units on some extra revives. That said, if I have a lot of fun and decide to explore it, I can always ascend him for the rest of the runs if i feel like it is worth it.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    IKON said:

If your plan is exploration, you can do what I did.

I chose to do path 5 with my R4 Aegon ascended, so I could get the 4-5 gem and use it on him for the remainder. This saves those catalysts for 7*.

Edit: This cost about 80 revives with a full Aegon team.

Well that’s a useful advice too, i forgot that there was a 4-5 gem as path reward. Thanks 💪🏻