**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Do you agree with Kabam Miike on Quake?

Comments

• Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,517 ★★★★
    Leave her as-is and phase her out
    Rookiie said:

Could be a way to add a deathless quake into the game with that kit, but there is little no point entirely reworking a character that has been a 5* for so long when there are so many that are already 6/7* in dire need of help.

Magik I want to see the reasoning behind though.

Actually, the situation is dire because Magik and Quake aren’t even 6, 7-stars.
    A 6 or 7-star will still retain some relevance in the game, the two champs mentioned above will not.
    That’s the direction you & Kabam are aligned on anyway.
    So people aren't sat on 7* and 6* versions of dogwater characters. I'd much rather have a 5* usable champion that I can still use in content as late as WoW or AW Showcase than 6/7* that are unusable.

They should focus energy and resources into making the current 6/7* pool viable rather than altering champions that don't need imminent attention.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,120 ★★★★★
    Adjust Quake and reintroduce her
    50/50 Vote, nice.

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,091 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Could be a way to add a deathless quake into the game with that kit, but there is little no point entirely reworking a character that has been a 5* for so long when there are so many that are already 6/7* in dire need of help.

A 6 or 7-star will still retain some relevance in the game, the two champs mentioned above will not.
    So people aren't sat on 7* and 6* versions of dogwater characters. I'd much rather have a 5* usable champion that I can still use in content as late as WoW or AW Showcase than 6/7* that are unusable.

They should focus energy and resources into making the current 6/7* pool viable rather than altering champions that don't need imminent attention.
    And who told you they would be unusable? Miike literally said she would still be at Ghost level after the nerf. The whole point would be to take her from absolutely broken to God tier, you're wrong.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 659 ★★★
    edited March 24
    Claiming that Quake/Magic would be too OP as 6*s is just nonsense...many have ascended 200 sig 5/65s Quake/Magic...which is equivalent to unduped R4 in PI. So adding a little extra on top, with all the counters in the game, makes little or no difference.

To Quake 8 to 12.5 mil health in Necro, will take forever and there are champs that can do Necro itemless already (Normax YouTube > Wong)

….its just a bs argument from Kabam.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 659 ★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

Claiming that Quake/Magic would be too OP as 6*s is just nonsense...many have ascended 200 sig 5/65s Quake/Magic...which is equivalent to unduped R4 in PI. So adding a little extra on top, with all the counters in the game, makes little or no difference.

To Quake 8 to 12.5 mil health in Necro, will take forever and there are champs that can do Necro itemless already (Normax YouTube > Wong)

Quake? Fine as a 6* in game modes like BGs? You realize Quake in her current state is basically unkillable in the right hands and the only reason she doesn't dominate in BGs is because her damage sucks and she's too slow right? If you gave her 6* status that damage problem instantly goes away and she'd be back to being the most broken champ in the game (maybe even more than Herc).

As for the PI, that has nothing to do with actual damage or health. A r5 5* ascended is a little less than a r3 6* in terms of damage and health. Two full ranks + ascension is a huge difference and would be absolutely broken.
    At the top level, if you don't kill within 30 sec, you've lost...Quake can't do that, so your argument doesn't hold.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 858 ★★★
    edited March 24
    so they basically nerf her ? That's it ? I mean, with physical vulnerability her damage will go up quite a bit, but if i need a fast attacker, i'll just go with other champs. Her concussion is one of her 2 unique factors and i for sure do not want to trade it for a bit more damage while still seeing her locked at 5 star rarity. If she is a 6 star, now that is a different story
  • Options

Rookiie said:

And who told you they would be unusable? Miike literally said she would still be at Ghost level after the nerf. The whole point would be to take her from absolutely broken to God tier, you're wrong.
    I don't know if you're not reading properly or just applying selective reading. I never said she'd be unusable, I said she is still usable in end game content and I'd rather them focus on the 6/7* champs we have currently that aren't usable in 90% of current content.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Exactly. So we’re basically changing her path from redundancy to God tier.

I can’t believe that this isn’t clear to the playerbase.
  • Options
    Jack2634 said:

so they basically nerf her ? That's it ? I mean, with physical vulnerability her damage will go up quite a bit, but if i need a fast attacker, i'll just go with other champs. Her concussion is one of her 2 unique factors and i for sure do not want to trade it for a bit more damage while still seeing her locked at 5 star rarity. If she is a 6 star, now that is a different story

That’s what we are arguing for - Quake at 6 and 7-star rarities.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,321 ★★★★★
    edited March 24
    I rather damage over concussion anyway as there giving her damage which these days in wars u need ur still gonna be able to quake certain fights except ones u need concussion for which isnt a long list as u can basically still quake just with her nerf shes getting a better damage boost so u can use her still it be different if they went and nerf concussion and wasnt adding anything but they are which this will make her useable

Edit: especially if this change means she will continue seeing rarity as i just wanna go back play quake now and then like i used to also cant say no to quake as AOS is reason i played her
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

I can’t believe that this isn’t clear to the playerbase.
    I can't believe reading isn't clear to this playerbase. Actually, I believe it.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,642 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

I love quake will gladly take the change if we can get her at 7* rarity too.

Hahaha I see your a man of culture as well.
  • Options
    edited March 24

Rookiie said:

I love quake will gladly take the change if we can get her at 7* rarity too.

Hahaha I see your a man of culture as well.

Ore ni kateru no wa, ore dake da 😉
  • Options
    GrO_ot78 said:

GrO_ot78 said:

Quake? Fine as a 6* in game modes like BGs? You realize Quake in her current state is basically unkillable in the right hands and the only reason she doesn't dominate in BGs is because her damage sucks and she's too slow right? If you gave her 6* status that damage problem instantly goes away and she'd be back to being the most broken champ in the game (maybe even more than Herc).

As for the PI, that has nothing to do with actual damage or health. A r5 5* ascended is a little less than a r3 6* in terms of damage and health. Two full ranks + ascension is a huge difference and would be absolutely broken.
    At the top level, if you don't kill within 30 sec, you've lost...Quake can't do that, so your argument doesn't hold.
    She can't do that cause she's a 5*. If she was a 6* and you r5 and ascended her she very well could, maybe not 30 secs but pretty quickly.

Also, no idea who told you champs are useless at top level if they can't kill in sub 30 secs cause that's absolutely not true. Anything between 30-60 secs is still good enough even at top level, time isn't as important as health.
  • Options
    GrumrokGrumrok Posts: 72
    Im all in to add Quake as she is, and guessing the same time than, kabam just adds true accuracy(at least vs. science champions to not nerf all other evade mechanics also)everywhere.

So both should be happy....kinda

Quakers cuz they got her as 6*/7* version
    Kabam cuz they still cant use her like as its now due to 5*restriction.

Win win Situation, thank me later.

Have a nice one everybody
  • Options
    edited March 24

I find it funny when people act like 5 star Quake is even slightly relevant still.

If the choices are actually "adjust the Champ & release at higher rarities" or "never see the Champ used again" the answer to this question is very easy, imo.

I literally did the alliance war showcase itemless using predominantly quake, and quake wars when it isn't xmagica. She is still usable and very viable in non Everest content that isn't BG.

Are you saying you'd rather have them put resources into adjusting quake and Magik for the 6/7* pool rather than focusing on the 6*s that are dumpster fires like Groot, Patriot and the like?
  • Options

I find it funny when people act like 5 star Quake is even slightly relevant still.

If the choices are actually "adjust the Champ & release at higher rarities" or "never see the Champ used again" the answer to this question is very easy, imo.

I literally did the alliance war showcase itemless using predominantly quake, and quake wars when it isn't xmagica. She is still usable and very viable in non Everest content that isn't BG.

Are you saying you'd rather have them put resources into adjusting quake and Magik for the 6/7* pool rather than focusing on the 6*s that are dumpster fires like Groot, Patriot and the like?
    For someone who claims other people can't read it seems you can't read either. Where did he say any of these nerfs should be prioritized over buffs that have been long overdue?
    All he said is he'd rather have these champs nerfed than completely forgotten, literally all he said lol no idea why you keep bringing up buffs when that wasn't the question here. The question was: Do you want them nerfed? Yes or no? Doesn't matter when, of course there are champs who need buffs more than other and should absolutely be prioritized.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,321 ★★★★★

Truly baffles me that people would rather forget about her forever than just let Kabam nerf her, I really can't find the logic there.
    It isnt even a bad nerf anyway as it adds something
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Truly baffles me that people would rather forget about her forever than just let Kabam nerf her, I really can't find the logic there.
    It isnt even a bad nerf anyway as it adds something
    Exactly, Miike even said she would be at Ghost level and I'm pretty sure they would somehow increase her damage to make up for some of the stuff she would lose. It's truly baffling seeing so many people be completely against this but whatever, to each their own I guess.
  • Options
    edited March 24

For someone who claims other people can't read it seems you can't read either. Where did he say any of these nerfs should be prioritized over buffs that have been long overdue?
    I get it, your upset that you didn't read my comments and replied incorrectly. But come on now.

You realise them redesigning champions that aren't currently on their radar would actively take resources from the game team that would be used on champions that are on their radar?

Ironically, you replying saying I can't read, while not even fully reading Karatemikes post is amusing to me. "All he said is" then proceeds to miss out half his post topic.

If they redesign quake and Magik, I hope I don't see anymore threads about bad 6/7*s for the next 6-9 months at least.

I'm going to leave it there, I've made my opinion known that I'd rather have overhauls of guys like Groot, Patriot, The Caps that aren't IW etc over Quake and Magik everytime. If she gets a rework I hope it's a couple years down the line. Or never.
  • Options

I get it, your upset that you didn't read my comments and replied incorrectly. But come on now.

You realise them redesigning champions that aren't currently on their radar would actively take resources from the game team that would be used on champions that are on their radar?

If they redesign quake and Magik, I hope I don't see anymore threads about bad 6/7*s for the next 6-9 months at least.
    Redesign? It's just a nerf not a full rework, this isn't Thor Doctor Strange Scarlet Witch type of rework. These nerfs would take the same amount of time and resources as buffing a garbage champ like Groot, we get a buff almost every month. Is one month really that big of a deal to you?
    Magik's and Quake's kits are very simple and unlike Herc's, there isn't a whole lot they need to change. They could easily get both done in a month with no issues especially since Miike already confirmed the nerfs are ready, they just decided not to go for it because the playerbase is too divided on the matter.
  • Options

THANK you! Glad to see that our content creators are sensible unlike so many …
    You too @SlayerOfGods
  • Options

I'm going to leave it there, I've made my opinion known that I'd rather have overhauls of guys like Groot, Patriot, The Caps that aren't IW etc over Quake and Magik everytime. If she gets a rework I hope it's a couple years down the line. Or never.

Here’s why I think you’re wrong.

The fact that Groot, Patriot and the Caps are / will ve available at 6 and 7-star rarities implies that they have not been forgotten about, and 99.9% will get a buff.

The fact that Kabam are choosing to lock Quake and Magik at 5-star rarity implies that they will be forgotten about, and nobody is going to question their existence or future in the game.

So yes, I’d much rather see Magik and Quake addressed before Groot, Patriot and the Caps that aren’t IW.
  • Options

Appreciate your input @ItsClobberinTime
    Hopefully we can get some justice for Magik & Quake
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,343 ★★★★★

I just don't understand why Kabam would bother with that decision from a business standpoint. Reasonable people agree there should be no problem nerfing Quake, unreasonable are the loudest, and majority.