**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The worst hero crystal luck

I have started the game a week ago and I have had the worst luck in opening hero crystals so far. I have gotten three 2 star Iron Fists, two 2 star Hulks, and two 2 star Gamoras. With this, I have a feeling I might be not getting a lot of heroes to work my way up because of this. I would like to hear your thoughts if this is worth rage quitting over or if it is worth continuing and investing time into the game (even if I continue to get the same heroes over and over). :/

Comments

• I have started the game a week ago and I have had the worst luck in opening hero crystals so far. I have gotten three 2 star Iron Fists, two 2 star Hulks, and two 2 star Gamoras. With this, I have a feeling I might be not getting a lot of heroes to work my way up because of this. I would like to hear your thoughts if this is worth rage quitting over or if it is worth continuing and investing time into the game (even if I continue to get the same heroes over and over). :/

It is unusual but not entirely unheard of for people to get lots of repeat champs (we call them "dups"). Don't worry, eventually your luck will change and you will start getting nothing but different champs and you'll be back asking the forums why you can't dup a champion no matter how many crystals you open.

[Note: it doesn't matter much when you first start the game but the second time you get the same champion you "awaken" their signature ability which can sometimes dramatically improve the power of the champ. This will be more relevant with 3* and 4* champs and higher.]
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I have started the game a week ago and I have had the worst luck in opening hero crystals so far. I have gotten three 2 star Iron Fists, two 2 star Hulks, and two 2 star Gamoras. With this, I have a feeling I might be not getting a lot of heroes to work my way up because of this. I would like to hear your thoughts if this is worth rage quitting over or if it is worth continuing and investing time into the game (even if I continue to get the same heroes over and over). :/

Premiums very rarely give out 4* champs, in the 3 years I’ve played (almost) over probably had 7-10 4* champs from premiums. Most of the time you’ll be getting 2*s with the occasional 3*s which is fine because they give you shards and iso to upgrade. Just a word of advice, don’t buy premiums with units. Try to join an alliance and complete monthly event quests to earn premium hero shards instead. Save the units to unlock masteries, a lot of People don’t recognise the significance of how game changing masteries can be for months after they start. Save up and buy dexterity and parry first, improve your skills with those and it will make content much easier for you. Lots of other info in the forums and online for mastery help. But for you to get some champs do get in an alliance and earn as many shards as you can. Also on a side note, since your account is new you’ll actually be in the beginner bracket for arenas. That means that the cutoff (minimum number of points to get the desired champ) will be lower due to the age of your account so try to play those as often as you can. Once you have a few 3*s you should be able to earn a few 4*s in the arena. 1-1.5 mil should be a safe score. I can’t remember exactly how long it is before you switch brackets but once you do the scores will increase massively so get them while you can. Good luck and welcome to the game.
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    is this some funny joke? U started a week. what did u expect, 10 4*s and maybe a 5*? well lemme tell ya this sweetie, don't expect so much man. Save up your units and don't buy PHCs. save up for parry and dexterity. after a few more weeks or so U should get better.

Actually, this is great advice! Too bad it's flagged. Honestly, it takes months, even years to build a roster and get great champs and to level them to a functional point.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★

Might want to read my Beginner's Advice on MCOC.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/35058/must-read-this-if-youre-just-new-to-the-game-honest-beginners-advice-complete-in-multiple-thread#latest

Let me know if you have any questions about it.
  • Silly goose. That’s called “Starting the game a week ago.”
  • I have been playing for 3 years and have only pulled 4x 4-Stars from PHC
  • I appreciate the insight, and it's just that because of the dupes I thought it would mess me up early on and I wouldn't be able to build up the roster as I thought I would be.
  • Just quit if you can’t handle getting 2* from PHCs after only 1 week of playing
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Try your best
  • theshiznit05theshiznit05 Posts: 107
    Tomichiwar wrote: »
    Just quit if you can’t handle getting 2* from PHCs after only 1 week of playing

Yep don't expect to get a actual good 5 star champ. Well until 7 star champs come out.
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    i dont know if this will make you feel better or worst... but i haven't opened a 4* from a premuim hero crystal since last christmas and i play hours every day. I'm really starting to lose my mind. it's almost a year. 1 week?! don't stress buddy.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    only been playing 3 weeks ago? why does everyone just WANT everything handed to them?