**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Wheres the communication!? I lost 180K poolies!!

Comments

• Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 478 ★★★
    Bendy said:

Aldac said:

Are we supposed to have 1600 in the Road to Red Carpet event? I’ve done the four objectives every day and claimed the points but only have 1500 for some reason.

U missed 1 objective as yes u should have 1600
    That’s why I’m confused. I’ve made sure to do all four objectives and then claim the rewards every day. The only thing I can think of is contacting support to check my account.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,927 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Chovner said:

I think if future messages just say "Complete and CLAIM daily objectives everyday" all the confusion goes out the window, considering they won't be changing how the objective timer works and the confusion around that.

The objectives being under the "special daily" tab isn't enough?

Lmao I remember I asked how nerfing the 7* version of Quake and keeping the 6* as is could be problematic and someone said people can't read so they'll be mad when they use the 7* and realize the she isn't as strong as the 6* to which I replied no way they're that dumb or lazy... After reading this thread, they were right.
    If your customer says your instruction manual is a bit confusing to understand. Can you please clarify things or explain more in detail next time, do you try to improve communication or just say “you are dumb and lazy?”
    It's not confusing at all if you have common sense, do you need an instruction manual to use a bottle of shampoo too? We aren't building rockets here lmao
    In case you haven’t noticed, the bottle of shampoo actually has instructions on how to use. A coffee cup has the warning that contents are hot. A packet of pop tart/popcorn has instructions on how to microwave. Nobody is trying build a rocket even when they prepare a bowl of popcorn but the company still provides instructions.
    in case you haven't noticed, the instructions were provided on the Forums, YouTube and Twitter and it clearly stated "complete daily objectives".
    Also, the objectives were under the "daily special" tab, if those aren't enough for you then I don't know what to tell you.
    Forums you say eh!! Can you please point me to the official spring cleaning post? For the amount of time I spend on forums, I clearly missed it.
    There is no spring cleaning...this is a red carpet event...
    Well then forum post for red carpet event?
    While there wasn't a post from Kabam themselves, there were multiple threads from people not only sending reminders but saying how many poolies they had after each day. Additionally, Crashed did make a comment on one of the threads were the image with the info was posted telling us the 900k poolies were free as long as you didn't miss anything listed there and the daily objectives were listed there as daily same as the tab in game. That post was on the front page for nearly four full days, if you were unaware of the daily objectives at this point you're either too lazy to read or can't, I stand by what I said.
  • Options
    notneo57notneo57 Posts: 1
    edited April 29
    Lost out on 2 objectives and I understand it is my fault. I also understand that daily objectives should be completed daily (and not rely on the timer above) and that they don't stack.

The only thing I don't understand is just why not have 4 new daily objectives every day - why keep the older ones till you complete them? Why not just refresh ALL 4 daily objectives irrespective of their completion status? Then there'd be no need for the (confusing) timer and would also retain the importance of completing them each day. It is an unnecessary filter to have to complete an objective from the previous day in order to receive new objectives. Just refresh all 4 objectives everyday?
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Chovner said:

I think if future messages just say "Complete and CLAIM daily objectives everyday" all the confusion goes out the window, considering they won't be changing how the objective timer works and the confusion around that.

Lmao I remember I asked how nerfing the 7* version of Quake and keeping the 6* as is could be problematic and someone said people can't read so they'll be mad when they use the 7* and realize the she isn't as strong as the 6* to which I replied no way they're that dumb or lazy... After reading this thread, they were right.
    If your customer says your instruction manual is a bit confusing to understand. Can you please clarify things or explain more in detail next time, do you try to improve communication or just say “you are dumb and lazy?”
    It's not confusing at all if you have common sense, do you need an instruction manual to use a bottle of shampoo too? We aren't building rockets here lmao
    In case you haven’t noticed, the bottle of shampoo actually has instructions on how to use. A coffee cup has the warning that contents are hot. A packet of pop tart/popcorn has instructions on how to microwave. Nobody is trying build a rocket even when they prepare a bowl of popcorn but the company still provides instructions.
    in case you haven't noticed, the instructions were provided on the Forums, YouTube and Twitter and it clearly stated "complete daily objectives".
    Also, the objectives were under the "daily special" tab, if those aren't enough for you then I don't know what to tell you.
    Forums you say eh!! Can you please point me to the official spring cleaning post? For the amount of time I spend on forums, I clearly missed it.
    While there wasn't a post from Kabam themselves, there were multiple threads from people not only sending reminders but saying how many poolies they had after each day. Additionally, Crashed did make a comment on one of the threads were the image with the info was posted telling us the 900k poolies were free as long as you didn't miss anything listed there and the daily objectives were listed there as daily same as the tab in game. That post was on the front page for nearly four full days, if you were unaware of the daily objectives at this point you're either too lazy to read or can't, I stand by what I said.
    Sometimes i wonder why people dont read as how many times has events like this where reading is hard and people complain after missing something even though if unsure they could read the social media post of the daily objectives to know to run it daily
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Chovner said:

Sometimes i wonder why people dont read as how many times has events like this where reading is hard and people complain after missing something even though if unsure they could read the social media post of the daily objectives to know to run it daily
    Exactly, as soon as I found out about the rewards the first thing I did was go find that image on Twitter and read very carefully what I needed to do. It's logical, if you really want something then you do everything you can to get it. Why on Earth would anyone not read or ask on the forums about the event if they really cared that much about the rewards? It's like they want everything handed to them.
  • Options

Bendy said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Chovner said:

Exactly, as soon as I found out about the rewards the first thing I did was go find that image on Twitter and read very carefully what I needed to do. It's logical, if you really want something then you do everything you can to get it. Why on Earth would anyone not read or ask on the forums about the event if they really cared that much about the rewards? It's like they want everything handed to them.
    A very hard agree with u like its easy to find as socials and youtube community post and yeah if they cared they would read but they just think of its under a tab means it will stack but thing they gotta remember is thats not the right tab as only special tab is where it continues indefinitely for the month
  • Options
    Nikko said:

Very nice for everyone to point out all the places it says daily. Unfortunately this isn’t the problem. I completed the DAILY objectives but was busy after and didn’t claim them immediately. Logged on today to do the DAILY objectives only to find none because I didn’t claim. Missing out because of not claiming the reward isn’t answered by everyone highlighting the DAILY part of the objective. Just send the reward to the bin like everything else.

Then why didnt u claim after finishing that is ur own fault
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,181 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike I personally don't have any issues with how these timers work... BUT I will say that they are not very player friendly. The fact that you can complete the objectives and then be punished for not claiming right away hasn't been fun. While I haven't been impacted by this for the Poolies event, I have done BG objectives in the past and missed claiming right away and then not being able to get the full set to refresh. It's pretty annoying when it happens.

I'm not here to complain about it but make at least 1 suggestion/recommendation if such timers are to stay and be used in the future - maybe @Kabam Zero can help out in some way:

Can we please get a reset timer or get an extra slot on the objectives screen as to when these will refresh? For example, we get 4 Poolie objectives or we get 4 BG objectives. At the top of these can we get a timer when these reset? For Poolies, it's under the 24hr countdown. For BGs, it's the 48hr countdown. For BGs, I often can't remember if I'm in the 1st or 2nd day and under a small window to complete the objectives. We only get to see the actual timer when we completed & claimed one. Would be awesome to always have the timer available (and at the top).

This doesn't necessarily help on the issue of not claiming but the timer will be a helpful and friendly reminder when landing on the screen to take care of business in a timely manner.

Thank you for your consideration  🤘🏼

Basically something like this:

While I haven't done OR claimed any objectives from today's refresh, timer will always show.

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,411 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike I personally don't have any issues with how these timers work... BUT I will say that they are not very player friendly. The fact that you can complete the objectives and then be punished for not claiming right away hasn't been fun. While I haven't been impacted by this for the Poolies event, I have done BG objectives in the past and missed claiming right away and then not being able to get the full set to refresh. It's pretty annoying when it happens.

I'm not here to complain about it but make at least 1 suggestion/recommendation if such timers are to stay and be used in the future - maybe @Kabam Zero can help out in some way:

Can we please get a reset timer or get an extra slot on the objectives screen as to when these will refresh? For example, we get 4 Poolie objectives or we get 4 BG objectives. At the top of these can we get a timer when these reset? For Poolies, it's under the 24hr countdown. For BGs, it's the 48hr countdown. For BGs, I often can't remember if I'm in the 1st or 2nd day and under a small window to complete the objectives. We only get to see the actual timer when we completed & claimed one. Would be awesome to always have the timer available (and at the top).

This doesn't necessarily help on the issue of not claiming but the timer will be a helpful and friendly reminder when landing on the screen to take care of business in a timely manner.

Thank you for your consideration  🤘🏼

Basically something like this:

While I haven't done OR claimed any objectives from today's refresh, timer will always show.

I assume you photoshopped the BG timer. Funny fact, that timer shows up AFTER you complete the objectives.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,465 ★★★★★

Let's all be honest for just a min.
    For F2P, look at the quality of the rewards, and really tell me that its a good idea to just say "Oh I will do the objectives tomorrow"

Some people will be collecting very expensive iso 🤷
  • Options
    X_TargaryenX_Targaryen Posts: 17
    ra_wr said:

The objectives started yesterday, so if he had missed them, he would have missed the opportunity to get 40k poolies. How he came to losing 180k poolies beats me. And it took him 5mins to do the calculations 😂

you miss 150k from the event on top of the 30k i lost from not doing 3 objectives.

Not sure if what you did is more validated in the way the game design punishes you or my situation of actually doing them daily but not claim the completed rewards thus new ones DID NOT SPAWN the next day when it resets. I still lost the damn Poolies and eventual Red Carpet Solo Milestones.

Here's my thread. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/366298/poolies-event-design-flaw-causing-lost-of-rewards
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 224 ★★
    In the future, I'd suggest acknowledging your mistake, opening a ticket, asking nicely, and maybe making a forum post to warn other players (just in case) without hyperbole, drama and finger-pointing. Worst case scenario, you've got to accept the loss and move on... Best case, they show pity and help you out.

In any case, it's never a great idea to come to the forums and then complain like your Amazon package didn't show up. Sometimes it takes a while for them to investigate a situation before getting back to you. They're not ignoring you, they're working.

The team isn't that big. You're not talking to a company - you're talking to people. Behave as such.
  • Options
    NikkoNikko Posts: 24

<bDon’t remember saying anything about it taking to long to claim. Got busy while auto fighting objectives and didn’t get back in time to claim. Didn’t say it wasn’t my fault, just saying it’s sucks. Most everything goes to the bin and isn’t an issue. It’s just an unfortunate thing that happened despite logging in DAILY. I’m far over it and isn’t gonna break my account.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

@Bendy @ItsClobberinTime

So to play the game-
    1. Check for forum post
    2. Watch YouTube
    3. Join discord server
    4. Check Facebook
    5. Check twitter or X
    6. Watch twitch stream
    7. Follow trello board

Am I missing anything else?

No, you can play the game without doing any of those.
    I think what you meant was:
    If you want the best f2p rewards the game has ever had since it's inception-
    1. Check for forum post
    2. Watch YouTube
    3. Join discord server
    4. Check Facebook
    5. Check twitter or X
    6. Watch twitch stream
    7. Follow trello board

Or you just want everything handed over to you? The information was available, all you had to do was look for it.
  • Options
    SkreddySkreddy Posts: 40

Why are people looking at the consequences of missing a day instead of preventing such consequences?
    It takes 5 mins to do the objectives.. i just did my Apothecary run on auto and got 3 done...

If there was any indication that they didn’t stack as the daily objectives do or that they had to be claimed for new ones to appear it would be a different situation. Yes it’s easy, treating people like they are idiots when it was badly designed and not explained at all is disrespectful.
  • Options

Let's all be honest for just a min.
    For F2P, look at the quality of the rewards, and really tell me that its a good idea to just say "Oh I will do the objectives tomorrow"

Exactly, it's absolutely insane to me that they're offering a r3 and 10k Titan shards for free and people are still complaining. The news were huge, everyone knew the rewards were insane for f2p players, if you weren't reading everything carefully and playing the game every single day like you should've then you didn't really care that much about the rewards in the first place.
    I've literally been autofighting my way through all the objectives it's not even like they were time consuming.
    You could read everything they sent carefully and get totally unaware by this, as many did.
  • Options

Nikko said:

Very nice for everyone to point out all the places it says daily. Unfortunately this isn’t the problem. I completed the DAILY objectives but was busy after and didn’t claim them immediately. Logged on today to do the DAILY objectives only to find none because I didn’t claim. Missing out because of not claiming the reward isn’t answered by everyone highlighting the DAILY part of the objective. Just send the reward to the bin like everything else.

Takes like 10 seconds to claim everything, you can't be serious.
    It doesn’t take a long time, it just *didn’t say anywhere that you had to do that*
  • Options

The one that says the objectives start on the 28th?
This discussion has been closed.