When is the balance update for Destroyer and Serpent?

13»

Comments

• Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 407 ★★
    Serpent needs a buff defensively speaking, ackshully...
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★
    edited August 26
    EdisonLaw said:
    And people say I'm joking when I say I die to Serpent in war many times. He is such an unfair defender.
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 230 ★★
    @Crashed any info on rebalancing update of Serpent and Destroyer.
  • AttishAttish Member Posts: 33
    Chavez is pretty good against Serpent 😄
    R3 on both sides

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★

What utter nonsense is this

You thought you can trick the mighty serpent with your indestructible stuff?
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★

What utter nonsense is this

No wonder he gained power thanks to indestructible
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/htDUr6cFYgs?si=17XdoCYZCOSYIqPa

I lowkey want a 7* Spidey Supreme now. I think I’ve been sleeping on him
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Member Posts: 1,936 ★★★★★
    My biggest change I wish for Serpent is that his reduction of instant damaging effects does not apply to mystics, or at least if it does, less potent than it is now
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

My biggest change I wish for Serpent is that his reduction of instant damaging effects does not apply to mystics, or at least if it does, less potent than it is now

Agreed, plus the crit resistance makes him incredibly tanky, along with having one of the highest healthpools. But what I find the most annoying is the super power gain when he gains the death immunity, as NAGASE showed in his latest video
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Agreed, plus the crit resistance makes him incredibly tanky, along with having one of the highest healthpools. But what I find the most annoying is the super power gain when he gains the death immunity, as NAGASE showed in his latest video
    Keep in mind that serpent was on aspect of evolution and enhanced power gain, which supercharges his already busted power gain.

Plus, he was using a r3/r4 white mags (against a r5a serp, not a sane pick to begin with lol), with an indestructible boost to boot, so serpent got 3 bars back instantly after each sp3 which also triggered the aspect of evo increase a bunch.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    I feel like they should remove that indestructible boost bit, then adjust the number of dread charges he starts with on defense (from 3 to 2, with the potency being a bit more forgiving to mystics), make him lose more charges when knocked down, and adjust the power gain on death immunity slightly.

These would tone down his defensive bulk without changing his offensive output in any way, while also keeping him viable as a top tier defender if done right. Thoughts?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,106 ★★★★★
    edited August 27
    Serpent has many counters that can oneshot him, symbiote supreme, white tiger, tigra, spidey supreme, Luke cage, rintrah, sinister, probably many more.

Serpent has many counters that can oneshot him, symbiote supreme, white tiger, tigra, spidey supreme, Luke cage, rintrah, sinister, probably many more.

They probably cannot take him in less than 50 secs though

I feel like they should remove that indestructible boost bit, then adjust the number of dread charges he starts with on defense (from 3 to 2, with the potency being a bit more forgiving to mystics), make him lose more charges when knocked down, and adjust the power gain on death immunity slightly.

These would tone down his defensive bulk without changing his offensive output in any way, while also keeping him viable as a top tier defender if done right. Thoughts?

That was my suggestion, and if they could increase the dread on attack to 3 (in Battlegrounds) it could make him a bit better on attack.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    I honestly feel like you could divide serpent's ability set into 3 distinct champions and you'd have 3 solid defenders. Putting them all together is just too too too much.
    jdschw said:

Serpent definitely needs a buff.

I just used him against mysterio, and he still took reflect damage against the sp1 gas. Kabam, please give Serpent an ability to block all reflect damage and inflict it on the opponent with 300% potency.

I used him against fantman, and his attacks still glanced. Please give serpent an ability where his basic hits do 10x damage when hitting into glance.

I used him against iron man, who got armor ups. Please make his sp2 do 2.5x the opponent's armor rating.

I used him against Luke and he was indestructable. Please make it so if they're indestructible during his sp3, he immediately power gains another sp3.

Oh wait...he ALREADY HAS those last two abilities. And pierce, and SIX immunities (I'm counting bleed), and crit resistance, and burst dmg resistance, and unblockable non-dexable specials, and a death immunity buff that can't be staggered or nullified, with another free sp3 when it triggers!

Serpent DEFINITELY needs a nerf.

You had me for a second lol
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,106 ★★★★★
    edited August 27
    EdisonLaw said:

They probably cannot take him in less than 50 secs though
    Sometimes can sometimes and some can’t but they can get him down. I play bgs from time to time and it’s not common for people to take my defenders down in under 50s. Also some of those attackers I said if we had them in 7 star r3 they would have no problem taking him out in under 50s
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,764 ★★★★★
    Can we get a response to this on when we can expect info on this
    Bendy said:

Can we get a response to this on when we can expect info on this

I’m guessing tomorrow, since we got the previous balance update on a Wednesday as well