**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Luke cage sp1 bugged with video proof [Not A Bug]

Crilla420Crilla420 Posts: 96
edited February 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Was playing in act 4 today finishing it up. When this happened. There are user errors but please watch till the end as it happens at the end. He uses his sp1 the first time around and it’s normal. The second time he uses he sp1. He flys across the map in the middle of his sp1. Can’t aviod can’t move just stood there lost all controls of my controls.

https://youtu.be/ysgiUs37W9U
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Passing this to the team right now. This is quite odd.
  • SenorPantsSenorPants Posts: 101
    That happens with Luke all the time - totally variable distance on his sp1.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Passing this to the team right now. This is quite odd.

Wait a second! You specifically state that this is normal, so why the change now? And Luke Cage has done this to me at least half a dozen times but mods don't want to hear nothing about it.

I've made threads about these issues and you locked both of them and they contained many examples similar to this where the AI is doing impossible things:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41246/major-issues-with-recovery-timings-dexterity-and-all-combat-mechanics-under-investigation/p1

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/35523/kabam-why-are-heavies-auto-connecting-from-way-across-the-screen#latest

This was one example where the AI has a sudden increase in range:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxCgd5-Nky4

And you claimed it was working as intended and shut the thread down:
    Alright, closing this thread down because no matter how many rational answers are delivered, there is an insistence that this is a glitch, or a bug in the favor of the AI. It is neither. The animation on any attack (heavy or special) will scale depending on where the target is. Ever Champion has this, and it doesn't matter if it's AI or not.

C'mon Miike, be fair to us here. We're not stupid.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
    I've been complaining about this for over a year but was always told it's working as intended
  • Well, looks like I was wrong. This is intentional. I'm going to ask the team to help me explain this better, but it has to do with the distances that Special attacks are tuned for. This is not a bug, and changing this would make these same champions much harder to use Special attacks with when under player control.
  • Okay, I have confirmed that this is not a bug and is indeed intentional, but looks weird.

Luke Cage delivers quite a few punches in a very short time frame. In fact, he delivers so many so quickly, that even without any knock back on the hits, the rest of the attacks he makes would just miss. To compensate for this, we added a fairly aggressive slide to his attack to ensure that the attack would hit properly.

Every attack in the game has a certain distance that it covers, and it scales. This is why when your opponent commits to a heavy attack when you're close, it will finish where you are positioned. If they commit to a heavy attack when you're slightly further away, they will extend the animation. Characters that have a slide in their attack animation will only do the sliding animation if you are within certain distance (in this case, the sliding range of the attack). In this situation, if you had started dodging back a moment earlier, Luke Cage would not have slid at all.

This is also common when fighting against Venom, and some other Champions.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Ok...I just tested this. You're right on this one Miike. Seems like we can do it too.

biyekv8tb0ld.gif
  • Crilla420Crilla420 Posts: 96
    Thank you @Kabam Miike
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
    Yeah I'd much rather just have all the specials cover the exact same distance, all the time, every time, forever
  • DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Well there is another problem and i.e the freeze of controls , it happens every where quest , aq , aw . Champ freezes completely and we die , so what , that is also not a bug ????
  • Crilla420Crilla420 Posts: 96
    It’s cool that they add that. But the problem is the loss of controls. Yes I didn’t time the begging of the speacial perfect when I dex. But I just stood there and ate the final hit. I have the space and time to dex or block that final hit. Why should every spacial be unblockable cause I didn’t time the dex perfect?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Dhruvg wrote: »
    Well there is another problem and i.e the freeze of controls , it happens every where quest , aq , aw . Champ freezes completely and we die , so what , that is also not a bug ????

My nephew has the problem whenever he gets snot or tears on his phone. Ive tried to tell him to stop picking his nose and crying over dying in a game, he may never learn. ;)
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    That's a cheap mechanic they added quite a while back. Not sure of the true reasoning of the slide but this didn't use to happen. All that I can figure is that it was a way to make the game a little more difficult. Our champs won't do this...