**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam, why are heavies auto-connecting from way across the screen?

Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
I was way out of reach and when the AI launched it I was stuck to it from the get-go and couldn't even evade it. This is ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/-KTvu7Eoe8E

h4ywd5d0jznf.jpg

^this is the distance right as he's launching his heavy. this is some cheap AI tactics designed to unfairly bleed us of units.

Comments

• Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    zero7 wrote: »
    it is pretty unfair. that same lunge happens when you are just outside of strike range for a special, also.

Yup, specials too, not just heavies. They get locked on you and you can't evade them.
    Can we get an answer to this? These "glitches" (or are they intentional?) are not fair to us. There's no reason this should be happening and it's costing us units and making the experience really negative.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Whoa just watched it! That’s pretty dismal, hopefully you get an answer soon.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    That lunge happens a lot in AQ/AW I find. The worse one isn't when it happens with a heavy attack, but when it happens with, say, Black Widow on an unblockable node. She lunges across the screen sometimes for the first hit of her special, and if it's unblockable, and she's the mini boss, you're basically just plain dead.
    edited December 2017
    https://youtu.be/LjLnji6iuTs

3 L1s, all with different attack lengths and the first one locks on and hits no matter what without a chance to evade.

You guys getting this too?

Kabam's done something to special and heavy mechanics where it lunges at you from across the screen and accuracy is 100% if it wants it to be.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Yes it’s true , if you see the kicks , opponent take a first huge step to cover the distance and then AI heavy Animation kicks in ..... that is deliberately designed to mitigate the evade distance by AI. if your skill levels are good you can beat any champ in this game in any quest by evading special attacks or block or parry. Based on this how an AI can counter your evade strategy, well you just have to put a check on the evade distance which is easy to calculate cause it’s programmed that way and just counter that with AI attacks. It’s not a bug in the game mainframe, it’s designed that way. I wish I can prove this but I can’t .
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    I was gonna start my own thread about this but figured they make money out of our frustration so why even bother cause we all know they won't change it. This bug is not even acknowledged by them!
    It's been a problem ever since they cut the evade distance in half about 2 years ago. It used to be when you dash back you will dash all the way to the end of the screen, but then they changed it.
    And yes I'm pretty sure this is intended to screw us over which is why they will never admit it's a bug or even acknowledge it.
    edited December 2017
    Strategic wrote: »
    It's been a problem ever since they cut the evade distance in half about 2 years ago.

This is another issue. I've played about a year but I've noticed within the last MONTH that there's a giant problem with our evade distance even compared to 2-3 months ago. It's a lot more shallow and after we evade AI attacks (heavies etc..), they follow up with more attacks because our evade isn't long enough. They've definitely messed with something and it's really infuriating.

Current dexterity/evade almost feels like the double dexterity bug of 13.0 all over again. Kabam, can we get answer on any changes to evade/dexterity. It's obvious something's been done to it. It's been much worse after maintenance sometime last month.
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I’m having no issues. Heavies are the easiest to avoid of ALL the attacks, theyre the easiest to counter punch. SL has always had one of the farthest swinging heavies. Ever think maybe you need to adjust your playing style?

You are the only one is saying this , it’s not every time you got caught , it’s random and it’s true not just a conspiracy. If you didn’t come across with such an issue it doesn’t mean all these people are just making things.
  • Moneygrab wrote: »
    I’ve seen this happen many times in aq with symbs especially

Yes I was trying to recall and but couldn't remeber they have it the worse
    Not sure but was my latest post deleted from this thread?
    Just like because this game has had bugs in the past it doesn’t mean every time you get hit it must be a glitch. The player just stood there, OBVIOUSLY, with in distance of StarLords heavy and got hit. The video was no cliff hanger, as soon as StarLord appeared to charge his heavy I knew how’d the video would end. I’m all for pointing out Kabams glitches but the guy stood right in front of StarLord and doesn’t get how he conn fred? Lmao

I have been playing a long time and I learned how to avoid heavies on the first week.

Heavies are NOT supposed to:

1. Autoconnect, like it did in the video. When the AI starts a heavy we normally have a window to evade it. Wasn't the case in the video. I had no opportunity to evade it, it was glued to me the whole time and I couldn't do anything to evade it.

2. Hit us when we're clearly outside the striking range of a heavy. Heavies aren't supposed to launch from across the room and hit us.

I am clearly out of heavy distance yet I get it.
    h4ywd5d0jznf.jpg

You can see both issues in the video. It autoconnects, and it does so from way across the screen. We need answers, cause this is happening all too often now and it's starting to feel like a money grab.
  • I’m sorry but only noobs get hit with heavys dude. Asdf is right. Watching that video I knew what was going to happen when you didn’t dodge back.

• Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Just like because this game has had bugs in the past it doesn’t mean every time you get hit it must be a glitch. The player just stood there, OBVIOUSLY, with in distance of StarLords heavy and got hit. The video was no cliff hanger, as soon as StarLord appeared to charge his heavy I knew how’d the video would end. I’m all for pointing out Kabams glitches but the guy stood right in front of StarLord and doesn’t get how he conn fred? Lmao

I have been playing a long time and I learned how to avoid heavies on the first week.

Heavies are NOT supposed to:

1. Autoconnect, like it did in the video. When the AI starts a heavy we normally have a window to evade it. Wasn't the case in the video. I had no opportunity to evade it, it was glued to me the whole time and I couldn't do anything to evade it.

2. Hit us when we're clearly outside the striking range of a heavy. Heavies aren't supposed to launch from across the room and hit us.

I am clearly out of heavy distance yet I get it.
    h4ywd5d0jznf.jpg

You can see both issues in the video. It autoconnects, and it does so from way across the screen. We need answers, cause this is happening all too often now and it's starting to feel like a money grab.

Yea I don’t see anything out of the ordinary. If you tried to evade before that heavy then that’s just because sometimes evade doesn’t work. That’s normal dude this game is broken af. Has nothing to do with the heavy attack
    edited December 2017
    I’m sorry but only noobs get hit with heavys dude. Asdf is right. Watching that video I knew what was going to happen when you didn’t dodge back.

Noobs with less than a month of play get hit with heavies.

Vets get hit with heavies when the AI does things it's not supposed to, like auto-connecting and landing from way outside heavy distance.
    this game is broken af.

That's why this thread was made.
  • Mmx1991 wrote: »
    I’m sorry but only noobs get hit with heavys dude. Asdf is right. Watching that video I knew what was going to happen when you didn’t dodge back.

Noobs with less than a month of play get hit with heavies.

Vets get hit with heavies when the AI does things it's not supposed to, like auto-connecting and landing from way outside heavy distance.

But you weren’t outside heavy distance dude. You think you are, but you weren’t. That’s why your a noob. If you would have dashed back, you would’ve been fine. You keep saying it auto connected. Did you try to swipe back or what?
    edited December 2017
    But you weren’t outside heavy distance dude. You think you are, but you weren’t. That’s why your a noob. If you would have dashed back, you would’ve been fine. You keep saying it auto connected. Did you try to swipe back or what?

I was way outside the normal distance that a Starlord heavy can travel AND it wouldn't even let me evade. I was stuck to it the instant he went for the heavy.

Noobs don't have r4 SLs and noobs don't play in Tier 1.
    Mmx1991 wrote: »

I was way outside the normal distance that a Starlord heavy can travel AND it wouldn't even let me evade. I was stuck to it the instant he went for the heavy.

Noobs don't have r4 SLs and noobs don't play in Tier 1.

You clearly aren’t. Make another video only this time instead of standing there waiting to get hit, dodge back once, then again and see what happens. It takes two movements back to avoid or evade for SL and Rocket, a few others as well. Psylocke goes almost half way across the play area. There’s nothing convincing about your video.

Next tell us about how NASA has concealed that the earth is really flat...

Don’t get overwhelmed, OP just had an issue , and if he feels that way it’s fine you may be a skilled player but what you are doing isn’t right. There are so many issues in this game and everyone has their own way of seeing things. OP is sharing what he feels wasn’t correct but you have different opinion which is ok. Be nice and don’t just show off.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I watched the video and imo that wouldnt have happened if he attempted to evade. The only time I ever get hit by a heavy is if im paying more attention to whats on the tv then to the game.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    My issue with this is not that the heavy can/should/did travel the distance. Starlord's heavy is easy to evade and quite obvious when it's going to happen.

My issue is that OUR heavies don't travel the same distance. Having just finished the Ragnarok event I launched my fair share of heavies trying to finish the fights that way and if I had done that with Starlord, I would have been lucky to cover half that distance.

The player and the AI animations should behave the same way... they don't.

(FYI - I was north of 1.5m points so you figure out how many fights that was finishing with a heavy).
This discussion has been closed.