**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam, why are heavies auto-connecting from way across the screen?

Comments

• Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    zero7 wrote: »
    i don’t think we need a tutorial. the point is that the heavy behaves differently for the ai and for us, as @RedRooster said.

Lol there is no clear difference. Good luck with making that argument and finding a sympathetic ear with Kabam...

Don’t forget , you were bragging about getting parried by AI , now how is this issue is different then yours , when you get parrried by AI you start a post and now you are just showing off about evade , who gets parried by AI nowadays.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    @_ASDF_ You really saying that I'm getting hit from the same distance that you are? The gap between mine as yours is twice as wide. Heavies NEVER travel that far unless it's a bug, glitch, or money grab.

And I'm in a 15 million top 100 alliance with an alliance war rating more than 2.5x as much as yours. I learned what evade was a long time ago. Try listening to what people are saying before you assume they started playing a week ago.

h4ywd5d0jznf.jpg

t73idsv81vjn.jpg
    vlw4rvia7c3a.jpg
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The idea something is wrong presupposes that the AI in LoL is going to charge a heavy without being in range of landing it. The problems being described are the AI reacting to your actions like you blocking then the AI immediately launching a heavy or using a special the moment you dash back this gives the AI their opening because you are locked into your action for a smell period of time and you better believe it’s going to take advantage.

Anyways it’s been said before that many moves are built to close the distance between opponents, especially specials.
    edited December 2017
    7zkboqvxeett.gif

^perfect example

you'd have to be blind or biased not to see it.

CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Anyways it’s been said before that many moves are built to close the distance between opponents, especially specials.

As the months go by these attacks keep getting closer and more frequent and there's no rhyme or reason why or when they happen. This is not fair to players and Kabam's clearly adjusting things without telling us.

Everything's being adjusted. The AI parries a lot more, specials and heavies are much more bursty and land out of nowhere, our evades are being reduced and we're not getting any answers.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    You are within range of heavy attack, one dash away. This is not a glitch or bug. You are within striking range. I believe you may have thought you were further away because of the screen zooming. Meaning in this instance, gameplay was fully zoomed which could deceive perception of safe distance.
  • The strike range changes depending on distance, this was posted awhile ago and kabam miike said it was odd. The worst is with king groots l1, it ranges all across the screen depending on your distance
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    7zkboqvxeett.gif

^perfect example

you'd have to be blind or biased not to see it.

As the months go by these attacks keep getting closer and more frequent and there's no rhyme or reason why or when they happen. This is not fair to players and Kabam's clearly adjusting things without telling us.

Everything's being adjusted. The AI parries a lot more, specials and heavies are much more bursty and land out of nowhere, our evades are being reduced and we're not getting any answers.
    It’s almost as if as you progress in the game the AI gets tougher....
    edited December 2017
    Two S1s. One normal, the other travels across time to reach you. If you don't think this is a cash grab you're blind or biased.

https://youtu.be/yxCgd5-Nky4
    As said previously some attacks and especially special attacks can close the gap between opponents, your king groot can do the same. It’s been explained previously. Talk about blind and biased.
    zg39mn0f10hd.gif
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Cable’s does this the most I notice out of any champ
    As said previously some attacks and especially special attacks can close the gap between opponents, your king groot can do the same. It’s been explained previously. Talk about blind and biased.

Says who?
    zg39mn0f10hd.gif

Yeah the first you dashed back when he used a special the second he used a special as you dashed back and closed the gap. /facepalm
    zg39mn0f10hd.gif

Yeah the first you dashed back when he used a special the second he used a special as you dashed back and closed the gap. /facepalm

This "closing the gap" nonsense didn't happen as much pre 12.0. They're doing something to the combat mechanics and it wouldn't kill them to tell us what.
    edited December 2017
    Oh, look! The AI is now immune to instant counters after having their medium attack blocked and they can parry us too. Something that's IMPOSSIBLE for us to do.

xj4rjunjzckm.gif
  • Mmx1991 wrote: »
    Two S1s. One normal, the other travels across time to reach you. If you don't think this is a cash grab you're blind or biased.

He's just really annoying in 5.3 kabam is def changing mechanics and putting a bottle neck on vets progression while catering to new players and mid level. Its alllll about money for kabam and nothing else. Kabam will cause there to be regulations in Mobile gaming. They are preditory.

He's just really annoying in 5.3 kabam is def changing mechanics and putting a bottle neck on vets progression while catering to new players and mid level. Its alllll about money for kabam and nothing else. Kabam will cause there to be regulations in Mobile gaming. They are preditory.
    You forgot to put them on the grassy knoll and behind the moon landing camera.
    @CoatHang3r what's your excuse for the juggernaut gif? :)
    Excuse? LoL I’m not an apologist I’m seeking the truth and debunking false assumptions. That could be a bug if you could show you used your attack the moment it was available with no delay thereby giving him time to parry. Ever read the boy who cried wolf though?
    edited December 2017
    Excuse? LoL I’m not an apologist I’m seeking the truth and debunking false assumptions. That could be a bug if you could show you used your attack the moment it was available with no delay thereby giving him time to parry. Ever read the boy who cried wolf though?

You have eyes. Look.

I INSTANTLY countered his blocked MEDIUM attack. And got parried.

Sorry but THIS MECHANIC DOESN'T EXIST. Kabam's screwing around with all combat mechanics on both sides and it's becoming easier for the AI and harder for us. Everything is being changed.

Our window to launch attacks is shrinking, our window to land parries is shrinking, our ability to counter is shrinking, our evade length is shrinking, dexterity is almost as broken as the double dexterity bug of 13.0, and the AI is parrying and intercepting us 5x as much, launching heavy attacks then IMMEDIATELY going into their special right as we counter. Every mechanic is benefiting the AI more and becoming a detriment to us.

xj4rjunjzckm.gif
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Yes this happens and yes this is 100% intentional. Per Miike, this is done to maintain the fluidity of combat or something. Only problem is that (mostly) only the AI benefits from it. The confusion starts because this isn't consistent. So sometimes you'll find yourself getting hit by SL's heavy when you are 1 dash back away from him (normally enough to evade his entire heavy) while other times, you won't get hit (or get hit by the last kick of the heavy, which makes the distancing issue seem even more confusing).

Best way to avoid it—always dash back more than required just after their attack animation starts (because if you dash back before, you'll still get tagged by the special sometimes)
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★

You have eyes. Look.

I INSTANTLY countered his blocked MEDIUM attack. And got parried.

Sorry but THIS MECHANIC DOESN'T EXIST. Kabam's screwing around with all combat mechanics on both sides and it's becoming easier for the AI and harder for us.

xj4rjunjzckm.gif

That's nothing. Pre willpower nerf Juggs used to do a lot more than that. Ever been hit by an instantaneous heavy right at the start of a match with only a few milliseconds to evade it? That was common with Juggs, as was getting parry-stunned from any melee special attack no matter when you launched it. That sort of **** still happens sometimes now. Nothing to do about it since Kabam won't do anything about these God-like AI reaction levels
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Nothing to do about it since Kabam won't do anything about these God-like AI reaction levels

Kabam just admit that you're making ridiculous changes to the AI. Hell, just make up a story about the Grandmaster wanting harder enemies. Come up with something. Humor us, cause these secret AI adjustments are an insult.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I haven't seen anything in any video on this thread that looked like a problem and have had no adverse experience with the AI recently. Parry was off for awhile and isn't quite back to where it ought to be but it's mostly fixed. Overall the game is working well for me. Can't recall ever being unexpectedly hit by a heavy.
This discussion has been closed.