**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Black Bolt -Overhaul-

So this guy's been in the game since forever and he's got the short end of the stick as far as gimmicks are concerned. Heck, Black Bolt is the weakest of the Inhumans in-game when he should be one of the strongest characters.

*Changes/Modifications in Bold

Passives:
*Royal Might
-Gain 5 Seconds of Fury and Cruelty when reaching a Power threshold
-Gain 3 Seconds of Fury and Cruelty when applying Armor Break
-Boost is greater with more Power
*Master Blow
-Refresh the duration of Armor Break when reaching a Power threshold by attacking the opponent
-Stuns last 1 second longer on enemies with Armor Break

Awakening:
*Provocation
-Gain Fury and Cruelty with greater boosts in proportion to missing Health. Lasts 6 Seconds and applied every 12 seconds.

Specials:
*Particle Beam
-Resonance Cascade - Guaranteed to apply Armor Break if this attack Crits or deals at least 5% of the target's Health in damage. Chance to apply a second stack of Armor Break on Crit.

*Corkscrew
-Overwhelming Force - Gain a permanent Fury or Cruelty stack for each hit of this attack if it connects. Boost is equal to 2.5% of Black Bolt's base Attack and Critical Damage Rating respectively.

*Hypersonic Whisper
-Power Word - Gain 3% Ability Accuracy for each stack of Fury and Cruelty

Comments

• taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I agree, bb totally needs a buff. I originally ranked up my 4 star version when they "buffed" him with armor break, thinking he would be the new thor. His damage is still subpar, and his current sig is extremely weak (the fury/cruelty amount to practically nothing, and don't last that long imo). Recently I acquired medusa from arena and the synergy makes him a bit better, but it still took way too long to ramp up, and should be a permanent part of his abilities. Now I have a 6* version of him :(
  • I live the story of this character so much. A guy who’s voice can destroy the planet and stuff... but all he does in MCOC is shoot a laser mean from his forehead like vision and then do a corkscrew like iron patriot. Oh yea and then he thinks really hard and damages the enemy with a SP3
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    I like some these ideas. Give Kabam some credit for recently removing his Recoil damage (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog#latest) If it doesn't involve reducing the damage, that will make his SP2 significantly effective.

I don't think he needs much more; although wouldn't say no to the first part of your 'Royal Might' mechanic.

There's no 18.0 response thread yet. I'd love to know what change, if any, has been inflicted on BB's other stats to accommodate removing his Recoil damage. Any mods able to comment?
  • WillODeeWillODee Posts: 22
    I think he needs something similar to a Level 52 review that they used to do in Marvel Heroes where they take a look at an underperforming character, figure out what works in their kit, what doesn't and how well his performance reflects his comic counterpart and restructure the character to fit that outline.

1. Black Bolt is a Cosmic Champ who are known to rely on powerful buffs as a fight drags out.
    Problem: Black Bolt has no natural Buffs unless Awakened and even then, he needs very specific triggers.
    Solution: Streamline his buffs into something more consistent like a timer or Power (to better encourage aggressive
    playstyles)
    2. Black Bolt is a known Flying Brick, with physical power only surpassed by his voice.
    Problem: His damage output, even with his buffs, is quite low unless you stack them repeatedly which is a
    luck-based mission.
    Solution: Without increasing his base stats to match science champs, he needs a more accessible source of buffs.
    3. Black Bolt's voice is in a league of its own, able to blow up problems.
    Problem: Only one ability uses his voice and all it does is the same effects as his other two specials, only longer.
    Solution: Either give it other gimmicks to be more destructive or add effects like Heal Block.

This ends with my initial post with the conclusion of a more reliable means of acquiring his Buffs and more damage on his Level 3 because any more effects would be overkill.