**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    khehmist wrote: »
    Could it be that it's not being clearly described as "compensation" for overheating issues to not invite a class-action suit by publicly acknowledging fault in what I'm sure is 6 or 7-figures in device damage worldwide?

Seems unlikely to not be a tactic of some sort.

I wouldn't doubt it bro
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Idk guys.... check this out. Looks a bit juicier than this, and for FREE!!! Not even post 12.0, this is from 13.1
  • Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Posts: 138 ★★
    Did my eyes deceive me because I deleted it so fast I just couldn’t help it: summoner appreciation will be for one week only? Hasn’t it been a full month for 2 yrs? Someone please tell me what they said we would be getting in a week
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    And to add the cherry on the top this is also our compensation for all the previous issues
    I bet that’s why I deleted it to keep from making MYSELF over heat but knowing exactly what would be nice if you please
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Can we PLEASE have this clarified
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★
    Could it be that it's not being clearly described as "compensation" for overheating issues to not invite
    Apparently this is the proper place for this comment, and not a new thread....

This event seems to be just another Appreciation Event similar to others that have run around this time in past years.

But in the SA Event Discussion thread, a moderator seemed to suggest that this event is intended as compensation for the the flaw in MCOC that caused varying degrees damage to what sounds like thousands of players' devices.

It would be very helpful to have the intention of the Appreciation Event clarified. As a normal regular event it's fine and deserves some consideration in return, as compensation for a major issue, it's a terrible insult to affected customers.

For context, my personal experience with the overheating issue that I lost about 4-5 hours of daily battery time on my phone and had a few MCOC crashes over the period of the overheating issue. Tablet battery life and was used too seldom to have an obvious battery life impact but it crashed more than my phone so was unlikely to escape unaffected.

I had a similar thought—namely, that this is the Appreciation component mentioned in Miike’s posts last week and that the “compensation/restitution” component is coming later. It is possibly the only thing that would make this all make sense.

Dr. Zola
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    I'm pretty sure summoner appreciation only happened once so far
    Symantec’s my friend
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    They are showing their appreciation and paying restitution for the harms done.

Given what it is, it shows they really don't appreciate their player base that much and they don't think there were that many harms done.

• BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    There should be a way to say thanks but no thanks, other than my account being dropped from an algorithm that includes me in potential spenders.
  • Kaiser_RenKaiser_Ren Posts: 20
    Honestly I'm fine with it. A little bummed it's only a week long with my work schedule and the rest of life I'll realistically be able to enjoy any benefits for two days. The thing that upsets me most is Act 4 dropping to 2 energy. Why not 1? That act still takes SO much energy.
  • Swartzy84Swartzy84 Posts: 81
    We need the gold realms...ASAP
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    Could it be that it's not being clearly described as "compensation" for overheating issues to not invite a class-action suit by publicly acknowledging fault in what I'm sure is 6 or 7-figures in device damage worldwide?

Seems unlikely to not be a tactic of some sort.

Good luck with that. The EULA basically releases them from all liability.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    Thought50 wrote: »
    Halls of Healing should be free from energy consumption, ...

pretty sure it is...

"Halls of Healing: The Summoner favourite Halls of Healing event is coming back! Keep your Champions in the fight with these special Quests which are loaded with low to high level Potions and Revives for both Quest and Alliance content! The Halls of Healing will be open for 24 hours on alternating days this week and will not cost you any Energy!"
This discussion has been closed.