**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champion Tweaks & Quick-Wins Suggestions Thread

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
With every newly released champions, the exponential gap between the best and the worst grows wider. With every newly released champions, the decent champions fall back into the trash category. With two reworked champions every six months, it will take ages till all bad champions get an overhaul. And if they finally did, it will be outdated already. Things need to move faster and more efficient.

Kabam announced they will permanently put a 3-month evaluation system for all new champions. Why not for old champions? A lot of champions, I believe, just need a little tweak. Not big reworks, with long development time and beta tests, but simple changes with great effect. Yes, for some lost causes there is no other way than to do a full rework, but certainly not for all.

But Kabam cannot be the lone ranger that drops tweaks here and there that (maybe) players don't want. Kabam has taken the effort to have the community participate in this part of the game. It is no way perfect, don't get me wrong, but I do encourage Kabam to keep going in the right direction.

This thread is to do just that: to provide a spot where players can suggest their own tweaks and quick-wins. Kabam still has the final say, of course, but it would be nice to see in the changelog that some suggestions have made it onto the developers' table.

Everybody wins: the balance of the game improves, players pull less thrash champions and feel motivated to keep on playing/buying, it takes less effort/resources for Kabam to make the changes and it is good PR as well.

But what is a "quick-win" or "tweak"? Let's set some ground rules.

1. Changing the base attributes.

Sometimes it simply boils down to the raw stats. Lots of champions have base attributes that initially were a trade-off for certain utility or sustainability, but that is today totally outdated. While simply changing a number is (relatively) easy, turning a zero attribute into a non-zero is a whole other level code-wise.

✔️ Improve the attack rating of Blue Cyclops to the same level as OG Hulk.
❌ Give Blue Cyclops the same critical resistance as Killmonger.
✔️ Improve the crit rating of Crossbones to the same level as Wolverine.
❌ Give Crossbones greater than zero block penetration.

2. Changing the potency, ability accuracy or duration of an existing status effect.

A lot champions have ridiculously weak buffs or debuffs or incredibly bad trigger chances. Just tweaking the base stats of those abilities might have a big impact on usability. However, having complex interactions with other abilities or adding entirely new effects to existing abilities might be too much to be a "quick" fix.

✔️ Increase the chance to stun of Ultron's SP1 from 40% to 60%.
❌ Per stack of bleed removed by cauterize, Ultron's chance to stun increases by 15%.
✔️ Increase the duration and potency of Mordo's Fury buffs by 50%.
❌ Add 70% reduction of power gain to Soul Barb.

3. Changing or adding existing synergies.

Sometimes I think: "Wouldn't it have been nice if that champion had this synergy to...?" or "What if the synergy worked like this and not that..." This is especially true for unique synergies, which have been a ticket to relevance for some champions (such as Winter Soldier). That is of course not the same as adding new synergies or changing the effect of an existing ability entirely.

✔️ Add Blue Cyclops to the Mutant Evolution synergy of CAIW.
❌ Give Blue Cyclops a new unique synergy with CAIW and Star-Lord because they are all leaders and it would be super awesome!
✔️ Change the Mystic Masters synergy of Symbiote Supreme so that Mordo gains passive +15% attack rating per stack of buff, instead of a flat +15% attack rating while the opponent has a buff.
❌ Change the Mystic Masters completely for Mordo e.g. expanding the 70% potency reduction of his soul barb spell to all buff effects.

4. Adding simple existing status effects.

This is a bit tricky one. What is a simple existing status effect? I would say a debuff on something common and that would be easy to be code-wise, something that can be copy-pasted from the champion itself or is otherwise an easy change. Entirely new mechanics, even though based on comparable existing mechanics, wouldn't be a simple copy-paste.

✔️ Critical hits of Storm have a 80% chance to inflict Shock, for the same damage and duration as the shocks of the special attacks.
❌ Special attacks of Storm remove all Shock debuffs and electrocute, dealing the same bonus damage as Ultron's cauterize.
✔️ Give Iceman immunity to coldsnap and frostbite
❌ While inflicted by a coldsnap or frostbite, instantly reform ice armor.
✔️ Give Ghost Rider incinerate and coldsnap immunity.
❌ While suffering from an incinerate debuff, Ghost Rider takes no damage but burns hotter and increases potency of his judgements in the same way as Mephisto's interaction with incinerate.

5. Keep it simple.

Quick-wins and tweaks are small, easy and fast to implement changes to a champion with great effect. Sometimes that doesn't cut it and more fundamental changers are needed. This is not the right thread for it, there is the Champion Improvement Suggestions thread for that. As a rule of thumb, let's say 5 changes might hint towards a full, decent rework.

Why a separate thread though? Because quick-wins and tweaks get lost in the long, complicated suggested reworks. It is not that I think those are bad (some players might know I regularly contribute to that thread) but it might not be necessary for all champions. To aid Kabam in separating the wheat from the chaff, a separate thread is necessary.

✔️ Suggest maximum 3-4 quick-wins or tweaks per champion from the kinds of the above list.
❌ Large, complex reworks of several pages with changing animations (very important: changing an animation is no way quick or easy!).

The rest is up to you, forum community! What quick-wins do you think would greatly improve a champion? What simple tweaks would convince you to play or even rank-up a champion? As always, be constructive and be creative!

Comments

• Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Gambit:
    ✔️Make Gambit gain Kinetic Charges in a similar way to Nebula’s. He still gains them while the opponent is striking his block. The charging time remains the same
    ❌Being struck by a critical hit or a heavy attack (as well as the usual “combo finisher attack”) now also makes Gambit fold, making him lose all Kinetic Charges.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Thi101 said:

Gambit:
    ✔️Make Gambit gain Kinetic Charges in a similar way to Nebula’s. He still gains them while the opponent is striking his block. The charging time remains the same
    ❌Being struck by a critical hit or a heavy attack (as well as the usual “combo finisher attack”) now also makes Gambit fold, making him lose all Kinetic Charges.

I think we have a slight miscommunication here 😅

The ✔️ was meant to show suggestions that I would consider quick-wins or tweaks appropriate for this thread. The ✖️ were examples that are not and more appropriate for the other suggestions thread.

You don't have to use those symbols or make good vs bad suggestions, that would be silly. 😂
    edited October 2019

Thi101 said:

Gambit:

The ✔️ was meant to show suggestions that I would consider quick-wins or tweaks appropriate for this thread. The ✖️ were examples that are not and more appropriate for the other suggestions thread.

You don't have to use those symbols or make good vs bad suggestions, that would be silly. 😂
    I really misinterpreted that lol
    But what I meant with those symbols were like
    What would I change to better vs what would I tone a little down (like, for some balancing purposes) you know? (I was reading everything like this lol)
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    no need to buff iceman
    Oh mg god, looks like no one understood what he meant lol
    Thi101 said:

Thi101 said:

Gambit:

The ✔️ was meant to show suggestions that I would consider quick-wins or tweaks appropriate for this thread. The ❌ were examples that are not and more appropriate for the other suggestions thread.

What would I change to better vs what would I tone a little down (like, for some balancing purposes) you know? (I was reading everything like this lol)
    @Thi101

Well, with the description and the use of what I assumed were universally accepted symbols, I thought it was pretty obvious. Any of the ❌ suggestions aren't necessarily bad suggestions, but are merely beyond of the intended scope of this thread.

But I do like your suggestion to remove the unnecessary penalty of not gaining kinetic charges when the opponent strikes into the block.

I'm not sure about your other suggestion, giving the attacker more ways to force Gambit to fold would diminish his performance as both an attacker and defender. Corvus or Ghost would easily prevent him from gaining Kinetic Charges. I would do the reverse: when a combo finisher attack is a crit, he keeps his charges. But that wouldn't be a quick-win or tweak.

I would make cashing out easier: simply charging rather than executing a heavy attack.
    issamaf80 said:

no need to buff iceman

@issamaf80

It was an example suggestion and I just know that is a suggestion that keeps popping up. Kabam is really adamant to refuse IM and GR of logical immunities ("OP") while giving new champions easily quadruple immunities (like Thing).
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★

Thi101 said:

Thi101 said:

Gambit:

The ✔️ was meant to show suggestions that I would consider quick-wins or tweaks appropriate for this thread. The ❌ were examples that are not and more appropriate for the other suggestions thread.

@Thi101

Well, with the description and the use of what I assumed were universally accepted symbols, I thought it was pretty obvious. Any of the ❌ suggestions aren't necessarily bad suggestions, but are merely beyond of the intended scope of this thread.

But I do like your suggestion to remove the unnecessary penalty of not gaining kinetic charges when the opponent strikes into the block.

I'm not sure about your other suggestion, giving the attacker more ways to force Gambit to fold would diminish his performance as both an attacker and defender. Corvus or Ghost would easily prevent him from gaining Kinetic Charges. I would do the reverse: when a combo finisher attack is a crit, he keeps his charges. But that wouldn't be a quick-win or tweak.

I would make cashing out easier: simply charging rather than executing a heavy attack.
    Or add in an additional trigger to 'Cash out' if you keep holding block at 10 kinetic charges...
  • DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81
    manthing needs a complete overhaul. Nothing about this character design is faithful to his comic book counterpart. From his size, his gait, his abilities, his damage. It's an incredibly wasted opportunity to boost the mystic class

manthing needs a complete overhaul. Nothing about this character design is faithful to his comic book counterpart. From his size, his gait, his abilities, his damage. It's an incredibly wasted opportunity to boost the mystic class

Alright but what is exactly the issue and what tweaks (no complete overhaul) would you do?
  • SpardermanSparderman Posts: 2
    Improve my champion and game improve or bonus game update
  • SpardermanSparderman Posts: 2
    Attack my champion improve and quickly damage other champions
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★

Improve my champion and game improve or bonus game update

But please don't improve on necroing 5 year old threads. You already got that talent down.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,713 ★★★★★
    What does the tick and cross mean? Tick means you want that effect/it is easy to implement that effect, and cross means you don't want it/it requires a lot of effect to implement right? I'm slow.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,713 ★★★★★
    Nvm it's a necroed thread.