**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Character design question on Man-thing and Diablo!

KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

Hello there ,
i have curious question and just would like to know the thoughts of different people on this topic and first of all if you are gonna be disrespectful or troll or derail post or even disrespect any mods that hopefully comments here, please dont comment!!!!
- So i Saw a livestream showing man-thing's abilities and i own a 6* Diablo and he takes about 400-500 hits on ROL ws (using 6*) and 12 minutes long fights,and fights like act 4 venom (buff heavy fights which are very very Rare) where he is ok but outshined by champs released in 2016)
- so yeh 2 out of 3 mystic champs released this year are amazingly underwhelming and short in all departments
- No lunique play styles (diablo has one but No actual Payoff for pulling those styles)
- No uniqueness in abilities it self
- No damage
- No utility
- No visible defensive capabilities
- Very underwhelming base stats
when compared to champs for example Domino ,thing, ghost,corvus, and many more or even new guillotine 2099, they are outshined 100 : 1 !
- why not keep a slight balance among even newly released champs ,Not asking them to be at above mentioned champion's level or have insane damage and utilities in all match-ups but atleast little bit of Love for these left outs is needed??
- i would love to know the thought process that goes behind creating an underwhelming character, despite knowing no one will most likely use them.
- Also not asking to rework them or buff them ,just would like to know the reason , cause here on champs like this balance argument from 12.0 is completely thrown out the window.
- Also i mean NO disrespect to any developer or designer or mod here ,i can understand the work that goes into releasing 2 characters a month and sometimes 3, and i have immense RESPECT for that being a game designer my self.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

Hello there ,
    i have curious question and just would like to know the thoughts of different people on this topic and first of all if you are gonna be disrespectful or troll or derail post or even disrespect any mods that hopefully comments here, please dont comment!!!!
    - So i Saw a livestream showing man-thing's abilities and i own a 6* Diablo and he takes about 400-500 hits on ROL ws (using 6*) and 12 minutes long fights,and fights like act 4 venom (buff heavy fights which are very very Rare) where he is ok but outshined by champs released in 2016)
    - so yeh 2 out of 3 mystic champs released this year are amazingly underwhelming and short in all departments
    - No lunique play styles (diablo has one but No actual Payoff for pulling those styles)
    - No uniqueness in abilities it self
    - No damage
    - No utility
    - No visible defensive capabilities
    - Very underwhelming base stats
    when compared to champs for example Domino ,thing, ghost,corvus, and many more or even new guillotine 2099, they are outshined 100 : 1 !
    - why not keep a slight balance among even newly released champs ,Not asking them to be at above mentioned champion's level or have insane damage and utilities in all match-ups but atleast little bit of Love for these left outs is needed??
    - i would love to know the thought process that goes behind creating an underwhelming character, despite knowing no one will most likely use them.
    - Also not asking to rework them or buff them ,just would like to know the reason , cause here on champs like this balance argument from 12.0 is completely thrown out the window.
    - Also i mean NO disrespect to any developer or designer or mod here ,i can understand the work that goes into releasing 2 characters a month and sometimes 3, and i have immense RESPECT for that being a game designer my self.

Are you talking about the data mined video? you cannot go off that.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

what datamined video?? i am talking about a content creator program !!! and pls dont comment since i am pretty sure you havent even read the post entirely.(yeh its imposible to read this much in 20 seconds) and i have seen you on other posts.

You were not clear on what video you were speaking of and it was question..., Yes I can read that quickly, 3 minutes is a lot of time for these short sentences.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    That streamer is playing him wrong. Toxic pustules are a buff that allows MT to build up his charges to increase damage but every time the streamer places one he immediately removes them with a heavy instead of taking advantage. To top it off they continually go on about how the opponent needs buffs, STOP REMOVING THE BUFFS!

That stream is a very bad representation of MT’s capabilities and this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this from them. No disrespect to them because it’s cool to watch new animations and it’s easy to not fully understand a new champion.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

That streamer is playing him wrong. Toxic pustules are a buff that allows MT to build up his charges to increase damage but every time the streamer places one he immediately removes them with a heavy instead of taking advantage. To top it off they continually goes on about how the opponent needs buffs, STOP REMOVING THE BUFFS!

That stream is a very bad representation of MT’s capabilities and this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this from them. No disrespect to them because it’s cool to watch new animations and it’s easy to not fully understand a new champion.

cool thats really useful information!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Maw is getting a buff and is viable on defence, but Diablo just sucks, as for man thing I think he will have his uses but won’t be great overall, we really do need some top tier mystic releases, more like Claire, make versatile champs rather than niche ones for mystic
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Maw is getting a buff and is viable on defence, but Diablo just sucks, as for man thing I think he will have his uses but won’t be great overall, we really do need some top tier mystic releases, more like Claire, make versatile champs rather than niche ones for mystic

agree ,need some uniqueness to (like domino or corvus) abilities and utilities champions for mystic class and not only basic nulify or little % of power gain champ . no versatility hurts this class most. i like how they went with black widow,she would b same as she is if she had one less ability but glad she has this versatility to her, Like GR,magik ,(mornigstar n guillotine are unique too but very low damage output hurts ,if guilly had no soul expiring and max amount of fixed souls she would b great and same for morningstar another way of getting souls where there r no buffs on opponent would make her amazing, unfortunately no one will still use her since she is just bad to play bcos of her animations)