**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Backdraft intercept isn't broken

People seem to think that if you hit the enemy's block you get the same latence time of the AI that a regular hit would generate. Hitting the opponent stuns them for say 0.2 seconds, which allows you to perform a backdraft intercept. Well, hitting the opponent's block causes a 0.1 stun time which means the AI can react sooner. It makes perfect sense. Attempting a backdraft after hitting the block gives you exactly a 50% chance of success, which is a high risk. Whenever I hit the block while backdrafting I dash back and dash back again if I get followed. Which is 50% of the time or even more. My question to you is this: why would a blocked hit create the same reaction cooldown as a regular hit? So kabam, I am sorry for the people saying the mechanic is broken. This time things really do work as intended. Or even better, as they should. Of course we'd love the same latence time in both cases, but it just doesn't make any sense. Thank you for your time folks and I hope you agree with me, but that is also too idealistic to be true. Peace out.

Comments

• Starlord27Starlord27 Posts: 50
    This wasn’t the case up until this year when they changed the AI to react in the way you’ve highlighted. The issue is they have refused to admit such a change has occurred.

In short: a backdraft intercept could be executed after hitting into a block ever since the game launched until some time this year. AGAIN...the issue is they aren’t admitting they’ve changed it or acknowledged it as a bug.

Don’t try and reply saying it ‘doesn’t make sense that a hit into a block shouldn’t be the same as hitting them normally’ because funnily enough I agree with that logic. Read up at what the real issue is...for YEARS we have been able to and just like magic we can no longer do it....why?

End of discussion.
  • Starlord27Starlord27 Posts: 50
    Should be the same*
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

This wasn’t the case up until this year when they changed the AI to react in the way you’ve highlighted. The issue is they have refused to admit such a change has occurred.

In short: a backdraft intercept could be executed after hitting into a block ever since the game launched until some time this year. AGAIN...the issue is they aren’t admitting they’ve changed it or acknowledged it as a bug.

Don’t try and reply saying it ‘doesn’t make sense that a hit into a block shouldn’t be the same as hitting them normally’ because funnily enough I agree with that logic. Read up at what the real issue is...for YEARS we have been able to and just like magic we can no longer do it....why?

End of discussion.

I totally agree with what you are saying. Technically you don't disagree with me. I understand what you mean. But it's kabam mate, the same company that said the she hulk heavy nerf was a fix. As well as every other champion that got the heavy fix. But in the end, I feel the backdraft issue, if addressed by kabam, would be accepted by the community. I accept the change they made to the AI, in fact I even like it this way. Sure it was easier back then, but I just like it better this way. So anyway, I saw people talking how it is broken and wanted to share my opinion on it. Of course many disagree, but well... opinions are subjective, so I'm not mad.
    I dont have a comment one way or another on the intention of the intercept, but feel that being able to do the intercept was more of a issue with the lag in the game before the freeing up of resources that made the game run smoother. Lag can have both beneficial and harmful effects.