**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to Armor Shatter with Medusa?

I am learning how to use Medusa and can’t figure out how to consistently get the armor break with L1. I do the 5 hit combo starting and ending with Medium and then try to immediately hit the special but keep getting blocked. If I try to party before I special my other armor breaks expire. Any advice from expert Medusa users?

Comments

• Options
    PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Sorry, meant “armor shatter with L1”.
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    Try a double medium right into SP1. That let's you get all 6 quickly. In addition, I believe it is her synergy with Karnak that allows up to 4 permanent armor break debuffs to be applied through her heavy attack. A couple of those and you can then just SP1 into the 6 needed for armor shatter.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    It sounds like the root problem is that your special is being blocked. MLLLM into special 1 is the normal way to do it and should work just fine. Having your special blocked is a much bigger problem and is what's causing this specific issue. If your special is being blocked the AI will definitely punish you afterwards. It's either the timing of your inputs or it's a performance issue with your device or the game itself. If it's the timing of your inputs.. hit the special button too late and the AI has recovered from the last medium you threw. If you hit it too early, it will override your last medium input and the AI recovers during that window as it was only hit by the last light.
    If your timing is correct, it could be your device. In the past I had my specials being blocked on a different device.
  • Options
    JmciocJmcioc Posts: 30
    Haji_Saab said:

Have to press the special button quicker .. practice. MLLLM into special is do-able with all champion (except some bugged ones).

exactly.... as soon as you swipe for second medium you should be pressing sp button
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Sometimes though i feel if you do MLLLM the armor break may sometimes start expiring before you are able to get the 6th armor break for armor shattering. I do a shorter M--M combo just to be safe.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I agree with @Haji_Saab. You don't need to do a double medium. I only use the MLLLM then Sp1 with Medusa. You just have to tap the button faster. As soon as your last medium makes contact is when I do it. Too early and the Medium won't land.
  • Options
    Oliverb1980Oliverb1980 Posts: 99
    What I do is just M-M until I get to 1 power bar. Then another M-M then sp1