**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

That Map 5 Hyperion mini boss still need to be “fixed”

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
edited October 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
The AI just makes the fight almost unbeatable. Whatever tweaks that were made still aren’t consistent. There are some fights he will throw specials early, most not at all. Either remove the additional power gain from the node or let the attacker gain power right at the start.

This fight is pure cash grab. Zero thought has been given about fairness and doable gameplay.

Comments

• Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    Well they announced they will be changing up the AQ minibosses in November, hopefully they consider removing Hyperion and adding a miniboss thats acutally interactive.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    My Alliance mate had just downed him with Luke Cage with half of his health still left.

It is doable.
  • Options
    monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    I've defeated that hyperion with my 5/50 luke cage easily. it's all about the counter, i guess
  • Options
    monomugg said:

I've defeated that hyperion with my 5/50 luke cage easily. it's all about the counter, i guess

May I ask what is your alliance rating? There will be some considerable difference between a 10M alliance vs a 10M alliance doing Map 5.
  • Options
    How ironic to call the node emphatic lock. There is absolutely no empathy from whoever in the Kabam team who thought about this node/Hyperion on this node.

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    JMORG1111 said:

monomugg said:

One counter? Even SS isn't working because he literally holds his power until SP3 and waits for the damage shield to be over.

As was discussed before, Hyperion is far and away the hardest of the minis. He's too inconsistent on baiting specials. And he still erroneously gains a cosmic charge from Symbiote Supreme at the start of the fight.
    I’ve used Gwenpool to defeat a linked Map5 Hype boss. She’s great for tanking L3s (that don’t stun or DoT)
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    JMORG1111 said:

monomugg said:

One counter? Even SS isn't working because he literally holds his power until SP3 and waits for the damage shield to be over.

As was discussed before, Hyperion is far and away the hardest of the minis. He's too inconsistent on baiting specials. And he still erroneously gains a cosmic charge from Symbiote Supreme at the start of the fight.
    Definitely a good choice for using SS against a Hyperion with Spite. Geez.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    raffster said:

The AI just makes the fight almost unbeatable. Whatever tweaks that were made still aren’t consistent. There are some fights he will throw specials early, most not at all. Either remove the additional power gain from the node or let the attacker gain power right at the start.

This fight is pure cash grab. Zero thought has been given about fairness and doable gameplay.

Soloed Hyp with 6*R1 Hawkeye today on my alt. He's cakewalk as long as you bring a power control. You might wanna consider whether it's the "champ + node" combination or just the player. (Looking at your Hyp's PI, I'm quite sure my alliance's Day 5 prestige is higher than yours.)
  • Options
    StarNavigatorStarNavigator Posts: 36
  • Options
    StarNavigatorStarNavigator Posts: 36
    edited October 2019
    They can also be used on the boss ; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeNJTB5JmNo