Options

Pulled a 5* Cull last night

Bruinsfan8510Bruinsfan8510 Posts: 584 β˜…β˜…β˜…
Can anyone tell me if he’s a great champ, what makes him great, worthy of rank 4 or 5, and didn’t he get nerfed?

Thanks in advance for the info πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Comments

• Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    He will eventually have his damage adjusted down, but according to Kabam he should still be one of the hardest hitting champs out there. I personally am a big fan of Cull Obsidian, have my 6* at R2, and as long as the damage adjustment is accompanied by an improvement to his sustainability (currently he had pretty lousy block proficiency and no immunities; I'd love to see them improve him in those areas somehow when they tune down the damage), then I will actually be quite happy with their adjustment. He hits incredibly hard when ramped up, and ramping up can be done quicker if you have Proxima / Corvus and Ebony Maw. However, due to his lack of sustainability and the fact he takes a few fights to ramp up, he isn't always the best choice for end-game content if you have better choices, but if you don't, he can get the job done. He's excellent for much of Variant 2, as he's an XL champ.

Overall, I personally like him quite a bit, and would suggest he's at least R4 worthy regardless of how the adjustment eventually goes. If they can balance sustainability with the damage change, he will likely still be worth a R5 even after the adjustment. Oh, and a note on his sig ability: he's solid without it, but once you get it and can get the sig level up, it adds A LOT more damage potential, as it allows you to activate Rout multiple times in a fight AND gives you a significant fury each time Rout expires.

You should be very happy with that pull.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

He will eventually have his damage adjusted down, but according to Kabam he should still be one of the hardest hitting champs out there. I personally am a big fan of Cull Obsidian, have my 6* at R2, and as long as the damage adjustment is accompanied by an improvement to his sustainability (currently he had pretty lousy block proficiency and no immunities; I'd love to see them improve him in those areas somehow when they tune down the damage), then I will actually be quite happy with their adjustment. He hits incredibly hard when ramped up, and ramping up can be done quicker if you have Proxima / Corvus and Ebony Maw. However, due to his lack of sustainability and the fact he takes a few fights to ramp up, he isn't always the best choice for end-game content if you have better choices, but if you don't, he can get the job done. He's excellent for much of Variant 2, as he's an XL champ.

Overall, I personally like him quite a bit, and would suggest he's at least R4 worthy regardless of how the adjustment eventually goes. If they can balance sustainability with the damage change, he will likely still be worth a R5 even after the adjustment. Oh, and a note on his sig ability: he's solid without it, but once you get it and can get the sig level up, it adds A LOT more damage potential, as it allows you to activate Rout multiple times in a fight AND gives you a significant fury each time Rout expires.

You should be very happy with that pull.

Only problem is I don’t have Corvus, Proxima or Ebony Maw and I’ve done all the Variants, but thanks a lot for the input, he sounds like a great champ
    I don't think Corvus proxima or maw are super necessary for him at all but I agree with strong above
    The synergies just make it so he is ramped slightly faster and overall will only save a fight or two
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,348 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The synergy teams make it sort of easier to ramp up..
    I have 5* Corvus Glaive (awaken), Proxima Midnight and Ebony Maw (both unduped), and 4* Cull Obsidian (sig60).. so I wish I had a 5* or 6* Cull.. I totally agree with what was brought up.. lower the attack damage by a tad and give him better block proficiency and some immunity, even if it’s partial immunity to poison, incinerate, frostbite etc, and/or give him some power gain, so he can shoot off his special attacks.
  • Options
    Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 β˜…β˜…
    I personally think he is better than corvus galive i have all thanos army team and maxed out as 4* and cull obsidian has best damage output
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2019

Now my next question is do you guys think I should use my 2>3 and then 3>4 cosmic rank up gems on him?

2>3 sure. If he's ever duped 3>4 definitely. If you've finished variants already he won't replace any of your current high damage champs.
  • Options
    Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 β˜…β˜…
    Have him 5* r4, not using him at all. No usage for :)) mine dupped r5 Corvus much more better
  • Options
    AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2019
    Bpn88855 said:

Have him 5* r4, not using him at all. No usage for :)) mine dupped r5 Corvus much more better

I'm exactly on the same spot.
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 473 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    i pulled 5* Cull from a featured after the "balancing" conversation so i only took him to r2 and tested a bit.

Since i run suicides it was not a good experience, i've heard from an ally mate that with the Fury/Deadpool synergy he does extremely well but not having a usable Fury or Deadpool, Cull is likely to sit on the bench for a while.