**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What exactly changed between the Beta and Now?

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/166021/champion-spotlight-old-man-logan#latest
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/166022/champion-spotlight-colossus#latest
Can someone please clarify exactly what changed between the Beta and Now? They took Several Extra Months so the Colossus and Old Man Logan Buffs would come out better than they were at the end of the Beta, but from what I've been reading from the Spotlights and Comments the only thing that's different is Nerfs to some of their Synergies and Abilities. Just, what?

Comments

• issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    you know the spotlight is for a maxed 4 star they should have the same state as beta as 5 star
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    issamaf80 said:

you know the spotlight is for a maxed 4 star they should have the same state as beta as 5 star

What?

Here it shows both the 4 Star And 5 Star's Base Stats, unless do you mean the Ability's Stats are only being shown for the 4 Star?

issamaf80 said:

What?

Here it shows both the 4 Star And 5 Star's Base Stats, unless do you mean the Ability's Stats are only being shown for the 4 Star?
    Ability's Stats

The most important question

Will emma and omega keep their synergies as they are with colossus?

If yes so god be mercy on us he will be an absolut monster

Yes that's something else I've seen causing a lot of confusion, hope the mods can get on the Spotlight Posts soon and clarify all these Questions...
    issamaf80 said:

issamaf80 said:

What?

Ability's Stats
    Ah gotcha, yeah that is odd... They could've just put the 5 Star's Ability Stats in Parentheses next to the 4 Star's Ability Stats
    zeezee57 said:

I asked the exact same thing when a mod shared the link to OML spotlight earlier. I'm not seeing these changes that were "worth the wait"

Not even that, I'm not seeing any changes that are supposed to make them reach their "max potential". They said the reason the Buffs were stalled so long is because they knew they could make them better, but again it looks like all they did was Nerf their Abilities...
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    I saw on reddit that they nerfed the buff... which is a new level for Kabam

As Deadpool would say: a 4th wall in a 4th wall, that's like 16 walls.
    zeezee57 said:

Am I mistaken or didnt Colossus have some form of prowess in the Beta? I'm not seeing that in the spotlight so was that removed or was it something from leaked abilities and never actually in the beta?

It's not specifically called a Prowess Bufg but there are several ways his Attack and Special Attack Damage is increased. Also possibly the Omega Red Synergy but it's not confirmed if that's still a thing yet.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Well, they never said they will be better. They said they need to adjust them, and now that we have seen these adjustments, it fits this month's theme of No(!oo)vember.

This is why it was mentioned before that they need to go another round of public testing so people know exactly what they are getting, and they can offer feedback on the new proposed changes.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm just happy the buff is here. The announcement and release should be a couple months tops. Waiting six months was pretty rough.

I'm just happy the buff is here. The announcement and release should be a couple months tops. Waiting six months was pretty rough.

its this update not 6 month later

issamaf80 said:

its this update not 6 month later
    You do realize we voted for the buff of Colossus back in May? Also, the beta was done in August so that is a timespan I'm not comfortable with personally. They don't have to adhere to it but I'm just sharing. I had made plans to use both of them for Map 7 but I acquired champions since that I no longer need them for.
    okay
    DNA3000 said:

Old Man Logan
    After the beta, in light of the fact that Old Man Logan’s Regeration was made into a Buff and is now also tied to his damage output and can be spent to gain Fury Buffs during his Special Attacks, we increased the amount of healing it gives him, from 9% to 10% Max health over 20 seconds. There was also a display error in the beta that was saying this Regeneration occurred every 10 seconds instead of every 20 seconds, as he was designed and as he was doing in the beta.

Also, since OML's bleed protection is tied to the buff, losing the buff doesn't just cost OML his heal, it also costs him his bleed protection.

I wouldn't say his heal "can be spent" to gain fury buffs. That implies this is an option for the player. But if the player chooses to use any special attacks this isn't optional, this is unavoidable. If you use specials, you lose the heal. Because the heal refreshes only every twenty seconds, you're bound to be losing the heal for an extended period of time. The only way to avoid this is to avoid using specials or to moderate their usage severely, and that eliminates most of the damage increases the revamp gives him.
    What if they made it so the Regen *Buff* could be Absorbed by the use of Specials for a Fury, but if you were to Dash Back for let's say 1.5 Seconds you could turn it into a Regen *Passive* which has the Same Duration and Potency but allows you to keep the Regen when using Specials? So we would have the option to let the Regen be Absorbed or Not.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

DNA3000 said:

Old Man Logan
    After the beta, in light of the fact that Old Man Logan’s Regeration was made into a Buff and is now also tied to his damage output and can be spent to gain Fury Buffs during his Special Attacks, we increased the amount of healing it gives him, from 9% to 10% Max health over 20 seconds. There was also a display error in the beta that was saying this Regeneration occurred every 10 seconds instead of every 20 seconds, as he was designed and as he was doing in the beta.

I have a problem with this description. It's been long enough ago that I didn't recall the display bug, but it is still the case that the 0.5% healing per second is only marginally higher than OML's current healing of 0.4%, specifically when you factor in the fact that you lose all of this healing temporarily when you use special attacks, in real world play that healing is going to be lower than OML is now. Also, since OML's bleed protection is tied to the buff, losing the buff doesn't just cost OML his heal, it also costs him his bleed protection.

I wouldn't say his heal "can be spent" to gain fury buffs. That implies this is an option for the player. But if the player chooses to use any special attacks this isn't optional, this is unavoidable. If you use specials, you lose the heal. Because the heal refreshes only every twenty seconds, you're bound to be losing the heal for an extended period of time. The only way to avoid this is to avoid using specials or to moderate their usage severely, and that eliminates most of the damage increases the revamp gives him.

To put it another way, OML originally (as in, currently) healed for 8% every 20 seconds and this heal could not be nullified or spent. In exchange for having it go away either through nullification or through the use of specials, the heal was first increased to 9%, then 10%, every 20 seconds. Considering that you are likely going to lose the heal for a significant percentage of the time, or play special attack-free, that's a trivial increase both times.

Very important to note: I'm not complaining about the relaunch heal being lower than the beta heal. I'm complaining about the relaunch heal being lower than the current OML heal. In real gameplay, it is almost certainly going to be, AND the new OML can lose his bleed protection. The current one cannot. Although the new OML has more offense, I believe he has inferior damage mitigation to the original. The difference is large enough that I cannot even say if the updated OML is actually a net buff. No question he gets a bump upward in damage, but the only way to leverage that offensive gain is to lose a lot of damage mitigation, and this doesn't count all the new ways OML is worse than before, like when facing champs with nullify.
    Exactly. Considering its basically a damage increase at the cost of everything else it doesn't make sense at all.
    For all that, they could have made his existing buffs less terrible, bumped his regen passive a touch and called it a day. I would have been happy with that. I would have been ecstatic if they made his buffs into stronger passives and left everything else alone.