**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• I'm interested in this "MVP" change. I'm not clear on how it's calculated today, maybe it works this way now. But if gold earned varies by the MVP rating, couldn't that lead to more alliance "in fighting"/disharmony? It's a minor point considering the removal of defender kills, increased number of nodes, etc.
    Example: it's between you and another alliance mate against a node (assuming you both could kill it). You take out the node (therefore increasing your MVP "rating") after they did 80% of the work. But you get more gold rewards (again, I know gold is minor aw reward). Maybe your alliance mate won't be upset that you got more rewards for just coming in for the final kill. ("Hey man, I was going to take that out now you've taken the rewards I should have earned" & "Joe is always just coming in for the final kills hogging the MVP bonuses, let's kick him cause he's greedy")
    Just unclear of how the new MVP and MVP works as related to AW gold
  • Disregard my stupid post. Misread the release notes
    Now about those defender kills....
  • @Kabam Miike - Are there going to be any updates to the match making system? I just want to say that in it's current state, it sucks!! Way too many mismatched Wars are happening and that's the norm. The only response I ever get from team Kabam is it's "working as intended." Only using War rating to match opponents is lazy. So many other criteria could be used in match making process that would help to make most Wars more evenly matched. I understand no system is flawless, but this one Can and Should be improved.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    In all honesty, Defender Kills VERY RARELY ever makes a difference in whether a war is won or not. A kill is worth a measily 100 points. Adding up to the amount of that the other team gets, there usually isn't that much of a difference between the two.

As for the more mini bosses, I guess I would have to see how the map actually looks before judging.

Finally, as it was stated before, they are also adding in a bonus for unique defenders, meaning that if you do vs some asshat team that has 5 Magik's to place on every mini boss node, they will not get as many points as a team that varies it defenders.

It's tough being a business like Kabam. You can never make people happy. :V

As for everyone complaining about that game requiring more money from the whales. I say let them milk the whales, they gotta run out at sometime and it isn't affecting me any :P
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    The two biggest complaints I have with AW are addressed. What I find amazing is Kabam ignoring countless proposed solutions. Instead the solution is really just a new way to spend more $.

1. AW Defender diversity. I think this is a issue. How about limiting the amount of specific champs per BG (2 Magiks per BG, 3x2 = 6).
    As stated the diversity solution gives meaningless points. You add more minibosses and force people to go down the toughest paths (new center). I can't wait to see 9 nodes with 300% Health, kinetic reactor, immune, etc...) I know we have the new 3 minute Loyalty boosts to help.

2. Mike says he wants to help "Relieve the feeling of defeat".
    How about a quit war button. Release my champs. That would help relieve my defeat. You can even cut the losers reward for giving up and give it to the Victor.

Kabam solution: Eliminate defender kills. GREAT. Now I can die as many times as possible with item restrictions and not feel guilty about it.
    This logic helps me understand why we are forced to buy team revives. Now all my champs can die together. I was losing sleep at night knowing one guy was alive with 1650 health while my other two died in peace!!
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    dam antman isn't useful anymore... but hey, I'm liking this new change.
  • Come on guys we get MVP stats instead of real points fair trade....lmao...seriously though I already hated war this will just ensure I don't do it at all!
  • vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited August 2017
    Not even going to comment to the fact each player may use 15 of the most expensive team revives with zero penalty, what bothers me mostly is the 1.5x sized map with 60 minute timers, is AW going to be an all day thing like AQ map 5? This will certainly kill any desire to play for many people, including me. Hopefully AQ map 3 is not the only team event left for casual players...
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I keep seeing people saying defender kills don't impact much. I'm guessing they don't understand that's because people don't currently blow their wallets to roll through a node.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    In all honesty, Defender Kills VERY RARELY ever makes a difference in whether a war is won or not. A kill is worth a measily 100 points. Adding up to the amount of that the other team gets, there usually isn't that much of a difference between the two.

You're joking, right? Defender kills is the ONLY thing that decides wars in T1 where both alliances 100% the map 99% of the time

• vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited August 2017
    Guess I will continue to dream about 1 or 2h wars, that could be live streamed and somehow make this game an e-sport candidate...
  • 6 bugs fixed? only 6? that means we still will be playing with broken parry? with infinite loading? with missed sp2 after 5 hits combo ? come on guys, you're serious?
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    edited August 2017
    Morgan wrote: »

We have won so many war solely because of defender kills. And saying that, defender kill doesn't make any difference is truly a false statement. Last AW got me 23 defender kills at tier 4. Now you do the math and we both ally had the same percent of exploration. Maybe your statement is true for tier 7 or above.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    vrto wrote: »
    Not even going to comment to the fact each player may use 15 of the most expensive team revives with zero penalty, what bothers me mostly is the 1.5x sized map with 60 minute timers, is AW going to be an all day thing like AQ map 5? This will certainly kill any desire to play for many people, including me. Hopefully AQ map 3 is not the only team event left for casual players...

1.5x sized maps with 60 minute timers should take about the same time to run as the current maps because you have 50% more nodes to move through but you are getting energy 50% faster. But with the change to fewer linked nodes AW maps should, on average, take less time to run than they do now (because less waiting for a buff node to clear).

That combined with the addition of portals is likely to allow players to execute war attacks at a quicker pace than they are currently doing now, or allow for more flexible schedules than they currently allow now. But we will have to see the map to be sure.
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    Invisible wrote: »

We have won so many war solely because of defender kills. And saying that, defender kill doesn't make any difference is truly a false statement. Last AW got me 23 defender kills at tier 4. Now you do the math and we both ally had the same percent of exploration. Maybe your statement is true for tier 7 or above.

except im not the one who wrote it xD

apologies for misquoting
  • Scud70Scud70 Posts: 77
    vrto wrote: »
    Guess I will continue to dream about 1 or 2h wars, that could be live streamed and somehow make this game an e-sport candidate...

LOL!
  • They have just taken down my poll and other questioning thread without warning nor explanation. That just means one thing. They are scaring, scaring of us telling the truth.

Kabam can twist whatever you want, but they cannot change the fact. The community is not happy with it.

Post 12.0 lesson is still fresh. And Kabam may need to hire a good (better) damage control manager.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Lol a lot of people don't understand what @Kabam Miike means by players not attacking with healthy champs. It happens all the time in top 20 of AW and I think that is the data he is referring to. In fact we instruct our alliance to not attack miniboss and bosses if you don't have the right champ. All miniboss and boss can be solo'd with the right champ. It's how you do 100% clear on all battlegroups with <50 death total. Every death counts and is what determines the winner of the war. Either team can 100% clear easily, but counting deaths is what determines if a team should make the push or not.

Honestly I don't see that as a problem though and it must've been making them a fortune in potion sales. We won't know for sure how new wars will be played out until the new nodes/metrics are released. If 100% clearing the whole map is doable (of course it will be) then wars will come down to champion diversity. One scenario that could happen is that both teams will be able to 100% clear and forced to make champion diversity their #1 priority, so whoever has the most unique champions (150 defenders, less than 120 released) will win that war. In this golden scenario, that will be AMAZING because we won't be seeing stacked Dormammus and instead 100% clears will be EASIER because we will have to face every single champ easy or hard.
  • Ready61Ready61 Posts: 11
    A lot of you guys complaining about defenders kills. It's not the end of the world. For those reviving time and time again will be hurt with item usage. You can only use 15 items. Even the biggest health portions and revives can't save you from some champs placed on nodes. If placed correctly. I think for people that just spend will be limited as well because if item usage. Some of the paths have crazy nodes already in AW. If you put enough strong defenders on that path trust me you can run out of items
This discussion has been closed.