**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Exploit accusation

uxxga798v2ko.png
fafrjg3f9vcj.png
swyf1i2xxguq.png
2boe0bizguk1.png
247tqrxhaw1y.png
I am not a cheater and need to know why I am being accused of being one. I don't know what mistakes the programmers have made, but I haven't taken advantage of anything and have only played the game in my normal manner. I have spent too much time playing this game trying to feel with the crazy demands so I could build my champs up and do not appreciate my integrity being out to question. This threat of taking away rewards doesn't sit well when I know I know I haven't done anything wrong.
I have only fully completed the monthly quest at heroic and only played it as much as required to get to master. I am 2 runs away from completing master, but haven't even touched the beginner or normal levels.
So why am I being accused of cheating when I've done absolutely nothing of the sort? I've done nothing different and have out too much time I got his game to not get an answer when you want to penalize me when I've nothing wrong. This is not right.

Comments

• Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    A few "friends" got the same message; they both admitted to coming across this bug while doing normal quest runs.

Now they claim to have done it just that one time...I guess I believe them because they didn't get banned....but they did get the extra set of rewards removed from their account.

I'd take this message as more of a notice or explanation, because somewhere towards the end of it they say if they thought you were "cheating", they would've banned you.

For what it's worth, it's fixed now so you can finish your questing.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    edited August 2017
    Your pictures prove nothing.
  • What was the exploit all about? I got the same message but I have no idea what I did wrong.
  • Ja55 wrote: »
    Your pictures prove nothing.
    How would you recommend I prove my innocence?
  • Inigoblue wrote: »
    What was the exploit all about? I got the same message but I have no idea what I did wrong.

I seriously don't really know, but from what I'm being told is people were able to score extra rewards by completing the quest at easy or normal. I haven't touched either of those maps and furthermore I've only done normal play like I've done in all previous monthly quests. So this threat of taking away rewards doesn't sit well when I've done nothing wrong.
  • Very similar situation here. I 100%'d Heroic to access Master and did one basic playthrough of Normal, but hadn't even cleared Master by the time the exploit was fixed. It's possible I wasn't paying attention at the rewards screen and missed something extra, but I honestly can't recall getting anything out of the ordinary. Makes me wonder how they're detecting exploiters, 'cuz I'm reasonably certain I'm a false positive. I don't even know what they would remove from my account.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    zero7 wrote: »
    as i understand it, people were filling up their inventory with t4b and other rare rewards because normal quests were unintentionally rewarding these. so some people did those normal quests over and over, and they came away with hundreds of rare rewards. i didn't do it, but i think that's what happened- correct me if i'm wrong.

but i don't think this thread will get much attention today because everyone is focused on the new wars announced for the 15.0 release. you might want to repost in a couple of days once that has died down.

It wasn't limited to normal. Heroic and master gave rewards too.
  • Hi everyone, just wanted to step in and clear some things up. The message wasn't meant as an accusation, just a heads-up to all player's that might've been affected by the issue, including those who may have been affected without knowing it. It was just to let people know that any resources that weren't meant to be rewarded might be taken back, but anything that was won legitimately won't be.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Out of curiosity Zibiit, do you have anybody in charge or customer service or communications over there? If you do, I think email messages like this should go through them before it goes out to the customers. If you don't, you guys are desperately in need of someone.

Never a good idea to send out accusations (and that is what that letter is regardless of intentions) to your customers when the error was caused by a bug in the program.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Out of curiosity Zibiit, do you have anybody in charge or customer service or communications over there? If you do, I think email messages like this should go through them before it goes out to the customers. If you don't, you guys are desperately in need of someone.

Never a good idea to send out accusations (and that is what that letter is regardless of intentions) to your customers when the error was caused by a bug in the program.

Especially when that baseless accusation comes with a proposed ban in the event that your company makes the same error again.
  • MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    edited August 2017
    Kabam is getting trigger happy! BTW, didn't know Xzibit had a comeback as a Kabam forum administrator...good to know #TheComebackIsReal
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Kabam is getting trigger happy! BTW, didn't know Xzibit had a comeback as a Kabam forum administrator...good to know #TheComebackIsReal

what do ya mean comeback
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »

Especially when that baseless accusation comes with a proposed ban in the event that your company makes the same error again.

Exactly. Whoever decided on the wording for that letter either wasn't qualified to write it in the first place or should be visiting HR with their supervisor. That is something I'd expect to see from a barstool Fantasy Football commissioner. Not a tech corp dealing directly with an end user. Maybe y'all should cordon off those nap cubbie holes there for a while, cause someone is sleeping.