**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Guys, I figured it out! There must be people complaining to kabam about being kicked from their alliances for not being good. This is to help those people, I guess. That's the only rational explanation that makes sense at this point if you don't consider the obvious cash grab it is.

The next thing we will see is getting rid of the item cap bc, you have now revived 10 times and have used 5 team healths, but you have "perfectly good [money that can still be charged on your credit card to buy more units and get more items)]."

Not sure all of my comment went through. Here's the last part that is stricken in my view:

That change will be "to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking [30] shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other alliance" because you can't revive anymore. Brilliant!
    Hmmm....I'm confused by that...
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Alliance War update Swing and Miss
    6* Champion Announcement Swing and a Miss..
    what comes next might determine how much longer this game holds on to its life line. After all 3 Strikes and you are out.

Sorry, but I gotta laugh at this one.....not even disagreeing with you on if these changes are bad....but over the last few years so many have either threatened the existence of this game or claimed it was on the edge of crumbling...and it is still here and financially successful. (not holding on to a "life line")

People forget that the people that frequent these forums are a relatively small percentage of the people that actually play this game....and a decent percentage of the posters here obsess over every little aspect of this game.....they are not necessarily indicative of the attitudes of most players. The alliances I chat with on Line for the most part have had a pretty benign reaction to the 2 upcoming changes you have mentioned, with an attitude of "let's see how this plays out".....nobody talking about quitting...or freaking out about it.

Once again, not saying you are wrong about the 2 changes....as far as 6*s go I think much of it depends on what Kabam does in the time between now and their release in regards to rank up materials and 5 star shard availability....as far as AW 15.0, until I see the new map it is hard for me to scream "$$$ grab".

But this game is not going to crumble and fall anytime soon.
    Solswerd wrote: »
    what comes next might determine how much longer this game holds on to its life line. After all 3 Strikes and you are out.

Sorry, but I gotta laugh at this one.....not even disagreeing with you on if these changes are bad....but over the last few years so many have either threatened the existence of this game or claimed it was on the edge of crumbling...and it is still here and financially successful. (not holding on to a "life line")

People forget that the people that frequent these forums are a relatively small percentage of the people that actually play this game....and a decent percentage of the posters here obsess over every little aspect of this game.....they are not necessarily indicative of the attitudes of most players. The alliances I chat with on Line for the most part have had a pretty benign reaction to the 2 upcoming changes you have mentioned, with an attitude of "let's see how this plays out".....nobody talking about quitting...or freaking out about it.

Once again, not saying you are wrong about the 2 changes....as far as 6*s go I think much of it depends on what Kabam does in the time between now and their release in regards to rank up materials and 5 star shard availability....as far as AW 15.0, until I see the new map it is hard for me to scream "$$$ grab".

But this game is not going to crumble and fall anytime soon.

Yeah. These idle threats crack me up
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Here is one thing I like about the removal of defender kill points: I'm not a boss killer, but I am unable to practice on bosses in AW since I would be giving points to the enemy. Now I will be able to try for bosses without upsetting my alliance.
    Would like to see rewards improved. War Victor crystals exist to make me cry I think.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Here is one thing I like about the removal of defender kill points: I'm not a boss killer, but I am unable to practice on bosses in AW since I would be giving points to the enemy. Now I will be able to try for bosses without upsetting my alliance.

Fair point.Bosses are now practice fodder to increase everyone’s skills.

Would like to see rewards improved. War Victor crystals exist to make me cry I think.

You don’t appreciate the 3* Arena Boosts?

• Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Immortal wrote: »
    Well... that's if arc overload will even proc, and whether there are heal blocks on the node. Remember champs like civil warrior (recently updated) magneto and such reduces ability accuracy. Furthermore, assassin and pacify also can prevent it from proc. Recent champs like yongdu heal blocks, octopus heal blocks while he heals, punisher automatically heal blocks... the list go on and on ...
    Magneto reduces ability accuracy, that can stop Arc Overload. Assassin does work as well and is heavily effective against Arc overload.

Civil Warrior has armor stacks that reduce offensive ability accuracy, that will not stop Arc overload, same with Comic Ultron. Both do however have the ability to Healblock, which will counter the regeneration.
  • Kabam conference:

Big shot: I wanna make more revenue, pitch me an idea.

Office guy: err, well data shows that bosses and mini bosses in alliance wars generate the most ammount of revenue, how about putting more on the map?

Big shot: I guess we cant have have more than 1 boss right? Even for us thats too far.. put 5 mini bosses instead of 2.

Office guy: You've done it again sir!
    Are you suggesting Ironman is not gonna be the Terrible player War Savior like some have suggested? :hushed:
    Brandonius wrote: »

You don’t appreciate the 3* Arena Boosts?

Maybe if I could store more than 5. But no. I really love the 3K loyalty. :wink:
  • MikaMika01MikaMika01 Posts: 2
    edited August 2017
    At the end of the post, when it discusses AQ, it says the next AQ series starts Sunday the 27th. The calendar says that it is supposed to start Tuesday. That will mean no break in between AQ series and this series and the next series will be back to back. I would like to confirm that this is not a typo made by Kabam and that you guys are changing the dates for the next AQ series.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Brandonius wrote: »
    With Ultron it is more likely to time out and be below 25%, but fair point.

With Assassin, the text says 20% but I find it to stop his overload almost every time so I stopped using him for wars. Kinda like Black Widow’s 5% or 3% chance to evade and she evades like a dozen times in fights that only last 40 hits. Or AV who causes bleed against me every time he lands an SP1, but almost never bleeds when I use him as an attacker. Their numbers are inconsistent

They have different percentages when the AI uses the champ. I've fought Black Widow and she is evading like nightcrawler with an evade boost. It is nuts. Either they change the numbers for the AI or the software doesn't understand math.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★

Well, in fairness, every other change with AW is good, or seems to be. Many of them things I have seen asked for on here, so they are listening to some of it. They still have time to change their mind on defender kill points. Maybe they decide to give them out but worth 25% of attacker kills.
  • IronicFistIronicFist Posts: 48
    The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.[/color]

@Kabam Miike What about the hot rush of victory when your opponent in a tightly-contested war dies one time too many on a cleverly placed defender? What replaces that? Win or lose, some of our most glorious and memorable wars, with both teams on the edges of their seats in the final hours, have come down to a difference of a few kills.

Also, will we still see individual defender kill counts so we can gauge effectiveness?
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    edited August 2017

@Kabam Miike, I understand the idea behind removing defender kills, but with the removal of defender kills it means that players won't be afraid to use the "timeout" that often.
    We'll see more and more players using SIM / IM to "fight > wait for regen > pause > timeout > repeat", and more players that force-close the game in order to start over if they screw up at the beginning of the fight .
    Not sure you thought about that.
  • vikky89vikky89 Posts: 80

Wars are not supposed to be a practice fodder for boss fights. Well you can still fight boss nodes if ur ally doesn't have a chance to win . But if you want to get better try practicing against WS in rol as stun immune or just practice duels without parry against r4 5* champs with ur low ranked 3* , That's how I got better at boss kills. Removing defender kills defeats the purpose of a fair war where skill is rewarded and non-spending alliances had a chance to win against spenders. lets say u get better at fighting boss nodes, but new war system treats skilled and non-skilled players as equals. Whoever spends big will win wars
  • Snarf81Snarf81 Posts: 3
    Hi...Please forgive me is someone already had this suggestion but I think there might be something that deals with most of the criticism of removing defender kills while still enabling the desire by the developers to encourage people to use all their healthy heroes.

What if each player gets 3 deaths or timeouts without any penalty, and deaths or timeouts after 3 give points to the opponents?

This would allow users to attack and die with their heroes and thus fulfill the developers' stated intent, while limiting people from infinitely healing their Iron men with timeouts or using 15 team revives per game.

Thoughts?
  • SubTypicalSubTypical Posts: 64
    It's clear that this thread is now just being ignored by mods, but could we please get confirmation that the next AQ is getting moved up? That the dates listed weren't a typo?
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    5 pages and not a single reply from any moderator. The last reply was about deleting a thread because there is already a war discussion going on. What's the point of these threads if you don't bother to read through the replies?
    If we create another thread you close it down but if we post here none of the questions get answered.
    Hmmmmm....
  • SubTypical wrote: »
    It's clear that this thread is now just being ignored by mods, but could we please get confirmation that the next AQ is getting moved up? That the dates listed weren't a typo?

They were a typo. There is an in game message going out right now with the correct dates.
  • SubTypicalSubTypical Posts: 64
    Thank you. Now, any news on what happens with the detect mastery skills since they'll be deemed useless once 15.0 hits?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    I have only skimmed this thread but it sounds like surviving and choosing the right attackers is no longer a required skill and the weaker members of my alliance can just brute force their way through the map.

By brute force I mean die and revive a lot.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    None if the mods actually play or they would understand things much better.
  • vikky89vikky89 Posts: 80
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I have only skimmed this thread but it sounds like surviving and choosing the right attackers is no longer a required skill and the weaker members of my alliance can just brute force their way through the map.

By brute force I mean die and revive a lot.

True no skill required anymore. Just revive/heal or regen-pause -timeout .
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Kabam, how are you going to keep bringing in new "content" with the amounts of bugs/issues in game right now? Instead of worrying about fixing bugs, you go ahead and make aw even more boring than it already is. You take thorns(slashed tires isn't even use much anymore, so whatever.) and now people with usually garbage r4 5* champs that were on thorns are going to want rank down tickets. Instead of actually fixing the problem with how Alliance WAR AND ITS MATCHMAKING WORK, you decide to bring up a new aw with your goals. We don't get to know, we just repeat what's already said in the forums and it won't matter to you people unless another boycott thing happens. Defender kills being taken away? So..... our defense means nothing? What're you turning alliance war into alliance quest vs alliance quest?!? Lol. Every update we get a new bug and that's the norm around here, why don't u focus on that first?
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Kabam, how are you going to keep bringing in new "content" with the amounts of bugs/issues in game right now? Instead of worrying about fixing bugs, you go ahead and make aw even more boring than it already is. You take thorns(slashed tires isn't even use much anymore, so whatever.) and now people with usually garbage r4 5* champs that were on thorns are going to want rank down tickets. Instead of actually fixing the problem with how Alliance WAR AND ITS MATCHMAKING WORK, you decide to bring up a new aw with your goals. We don't get to know, we just repeat what's already said in the forums and it won't matter to you people unless another boycott thing happens. Defender kills being taken away? So..... our defense means nothing? What're you turning alliance war into alliance quest vs alliance quest?!? Lol. Every update we get a new bug and that's the norm around here, why don't u focus on that first?

Because they have a wall full of candy and 14 dogs hanging around. I hear some of the dogs work part-time.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Snarf81 wrote: »
    Hi...Please forgive me is someone already had this suggestion but I think there might be something that deals with most of the criticism of removing defender kills while still enabling the desire by the developers to encourage people to use all their healthy heroes.

What if each player gets 3 deaths or timeouts without any penalty, and deaths or timeouts after 3 give points to the opponents?

This would allow users to attack and die with their heroes and thus fulfill the developers' stated intent, while limiting people from infinitely healing their Iron men with timeouts or using 15 team revives per game.

Thoughts?

I suggested a similar, but not identical idea here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/104329#Comment_104329

The difference is mainly that instead of penalizing dying, the idea is to penalize reviving. So there's never a penalty for using any champs you have, which was the problem Kabam Miike stated was the problem being addressed by the change. But it is similar to the idea you're expressing here.
  • FlushFlush Posts: 108
    Since this new aw update is comen I think some rank down tickets should be issued after last 12 update we changed our roster suit changes cuz yous nerf champions and mechanics of game now champions I rank up based on aw defence and attack teams now probly be useless as set up is changen I only ever took black widow r5 for thorns sure thats goin now with slashed tyres also I r5 others we should be able change our roster game has been riddle with bugs week after week since 12 update
This discussion has been closed.