**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Details on the exploit and what was taken, please

@Ad0ra_ ...I received the generic email about having taken part in the exploit but am still having a hard time understanding exactly what happened.

I've reached out to Kabam support twice for details - what activity I did and what rewards were removed - in large part so I can be more wary not to make the same mistakes. The only response is the auto-generated one...even when I asked for specifics.

As much as I can guess, I repeated a short path on a quest and got extra rewards? To which: the only times I've re-pathed in general is when I'm short on time but want to contribute to a completion event and I typically do that using auto-play and not really paying attention to what rewards come up.

If Kabam has identified my account as taking part in the exploit, shouldn't I be privy to knowing what I did so I don't make the same mistake? And similarly, if I'm spending real money in the game, shouldn't Kabam be able to document what was removed from my account?

I would appreciate a non-canned response

Comments

• JpmdocJpmdoc Posts: 13
    I am in the same boat! I have received 8 auto replys and not a single person has once read my concern. In my case I have active cards that I cannot collect. I simple am asking what will happen with those rewards that I've paid for. I have no issue with them taking back rewards that have been erroneously paid and support kabam in that effort.

I do however have a major concern with the mixed messagjng from kabam.

1. Egregious use of an exploit: kabam mike has said there's a difference between running a short path 100+ times and completing in game content. It was further stated a few runs "even if you knew what you were doing is ok"

People who completed in game content and this is there first offence will most likely receive no ban???

2. It has been said they will not tell you why you were banned. Yet the first thing the auto reply says is you've been banned for egregious use of an in game exploit.

I'm sure some individuals truly exploited the in game error. While others had limited to no idea, by not providing a clear and consistent message you are leaving this type of error service to happen again.

The precedent that you are setting is far reaching. An example is your current 30min timer blunder, should players be banned for completing aq in 1/2 the time. Or using the timer to complete map 6 when previously they were unable to coordinate effective movements. Or with you re-occurring completion event. If a player runs the most efficient energy/reward path in order to help their alliance to obtain the max reward is that an offense that warrants a ban?

While I understand that individual accounts will no be discussed in forums it seems that this concern is wide spread! In no other service industry would it be ok to completely disregard a concern of paying customer. Any assistance in being able to address this concern would be appreciated.

@Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Wolf
    @Kabamalicious
    @Kabam Spice
    @Kabam Iko
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    ^^^^^^ That makes me smile
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • DainslàifDainslàif Posts: 32
    edited August 2017
    The bug was getting full 100% rewards from Master Mode when doing any paths from the lower difficulties.

The gist of what Kabam does is:

If you played the Monthly Quest normally = You get the Warning Messsage and the extra rewards gets taken back. You get to keep the rewards you were supposed to earn playing normally. No ban.

If you played the Monthly Quest knowingly to exploit the bug = you get the Warning Message and the extra rewards gets taken back. And according to the severity of your exploit, you get a temporary ban or a permanent ban.

If you didn't touch or finished the whole Monthly Quest before the bug = you get nothing.

Now the OP falls to the first category, which I think is no big deal since ue only played it once.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Jpmdoc wrote: »
    I am in the same boat! I have received 8 auto replys and not a single person has once read my concern. In my case I have active cards that I cannot collect. I simple am asking what will happen with those rewards that I've paid for. I have no issue with them taking back rewards that have been erroneously paid and support kabam in that effort.

I do however have a major concern with the mixed messagjng from kabam.

1. Egregious use of an exploit: kabam mike has said there's a difference between running a short path 100+ times and completing in game content. It was further stated a few runs "even if you knew what you were doing is ok"

People who completed in game content and this is there first offence will most likely receive no ban???

2. It has been said they will not tell you why you were banned. Yet the first thing the auto reply says is you've been banned for egregious use of an in game exploit.

I'm sure some individuals truly exploited the in game error. While others had limited to no idea, by not providing a clear and consistent message you are leaving this type of error service to happen again.

The precedent that you are setting is far reaching. An example is your current 30min timer blunder, should players be banned for completing aq in 1/2 the time. Or using the timer to complete map 6 when previously they were unable to coordinate effective movements. Or with you re-occurring completion event. If a player runs the most efficient energy/reward path in order to help their alliance to obtain the max reward is that an offense that warrants a ban?

While I understand that individual accounts will no be discussed in forums it seems that this concern is wide spread! In no other service industry would it be ok to completely disregard a concern of paying customer. Any assistance in being able to address this concern would be appreciated.

@Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Wolf
    @Kabamalicious
    @Kabam Spice
    @Kabam Iko

Well, I understand the concern about the purchases you made, and I can't comment on your experience with Support. I can however, clarify a couple things.
    Running an Event that has come up or running AQ with a Timer that was mistakenly left on is not the same as harvesting Rewards that take months to amass. In some extreme cases, years. That's not exploitative because it's mere gameplay. What IS exploitative is receiving an obscene amount of Rewards that were not meant to be given.
    Which brings me to the next point. What I understand they were saying is that there is a difference between running the Quest once and repeatedly reaping the benefits. I can't comment on their process for taking actions, but I am willing to wager that the majority of people were well aware of what they were getting, regardless of their reason for running it over and over. That means there was a choice involved.
    I do hope you get what you paid for. I just wanted to point out the difference. Someone forgetting to revert the Timer is not the same. That cannot be exploited, and they can't take moves or time back. It's a fail-safe either way because AQ runs for the same amount of time regardless. What can be exploited is months and years of swag from running an easy path over and over.
    As for not discussing bans and actions, that is the protocol for the Forum. I have no experience with being banned, but I do know In-Game Messages were sent in this case because it was a large number of people. Whether the same messages are sent with reasons in other cases, I have no idea. Either way it's true. They don't discuss actions on individual Accounts here.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Haha i aint a mod maybe this name was a bad idea
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Nope a great name! HAHA
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on