**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

4 Star: Getting Past Level 4-40

Hi Kabam and Fellow Champions, CAPTAIN_AMERICA here, trying to make the best of the game.
A little about my accomplishments, in this game that I would rate 98% Luck, 2% Playing Intensively and pretty much a futile fraction of a percentage dedicated to Strategy.

I'm listing this to make a point to Kabam of the level of difficulty... That always gets harder for new-comers... If I stated the game today I would probably quit in the first three weeks like all the last members of my Alliance did.

-Been playing for ~3years
-Accumulated a great Army of 2 Stars, so when a 3 Star Arena offers something interesting I know I have a chance if I commit...
-Accumulated a decent Army of 3 Stars. Still many interesting heroes missing an many dupes on what I don't care much for.
-Accumulated about ten 4 Stars... And can make a decent 4 Star Roster of 5 to play the Story Quests.
-In the next months I should complete Act4 Chapter 1. After each pass I need to stock on Revives and Health potions.
-I have just succeeded this week in winning my 1st 4 Start Champion in an Arena contest.
-Tonight, after all the hours and fractions of accomplishments, the daily reward should give me enough chards to unlock my VERY FIRST 5 Star. Maybe I will post the result to see if the game still makes us dream or if it will utterly suck...
[Kabam, if you're reading make it a Superior Iron Man, and I promise I will start investing in the game every month]
And I'm not kidding :smiley:

Now here's where I'm looking for Strategy Tips, or at least a few honest answers.

As mentioned, the Game seems to 98% Luck. So in a Excelsior-Class bolt of luck, I unlocked a My Favorite 4-Star Captain America in the first 3-weeks I played the game. But then, all I got was from pain-staking effort and again some random luck here and there.
So the 4 Star Captain America has kept me motivated... So far... Even if the A.I. Game difficulty cheats that add lag to commands and blatantly get the proper counter 100% of the time when the game decided to put a brake to your progress is actually always in effect on your Strongest Champion. (No but seriously am I the only one that noticed ? It's mathematical... My second strongest is a 4 Star Ultron and it's always easier to get rid of the same opponent than with my Cap-America)...

But now, I need to ask, what are all of you out there doing when you reach this point ?

How the hell do you get past Level4-40 ? Tier 4 Class Catalysts seem pretty much impossible to get...
Did all of you that have passed Level4-40 invest money in the game ?
Is it because you started in a time where the game actually had some progress feel to it ? I remember when we used to play for crystals instead of chards... Is this the same thing ?

So any advice on getting my Team stronger I will take.

But for now I see no way of how I will accumulate a Tier 4 (Science) Class Catalyst, much less three of them, and that would be for one Champion only...

BTW, remember when the Daily Quests would actually pony-up a Catalyst for each successful branch and an extra catalyst for completing both ? And you could repeat all day ? back in those days I believe you could have worked to achieve a Tier 4 Catalyst...
Maybe in a few months... But now with the rewards being some random chards and no way to be sure what we get... How the hell do you get to Ranking up ? By my estimate it would take about 3 years to build one, and that's if I'm lucky every Wednesday.

So to my fellow champions: Please comment on how you go passed 4-40.
And to Kabam: Let us know if there's a way to improve the in-game progress when you reach this level.

Noticed how I only mentioned 4-Stars... Because 5 and above sure seems to be a sore subject on this forum at this time.

Thank you.

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Not sure if this is an honest post. You def haven't been playing 3 years.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    If you are trying to accomplish this by going solo and not spending any units/money, it will be a long and difficult process. Act 4 & 5 rewards, monthly event quest master rewards, and special one-time events are basically the only current source for t4c based on these prerequisites.

Another thing that would help is joining an alliance; even if a group only consistently completes map 3, you may get lucky from the map crystals or just build up enough Glory to buy Glory crystals.

Your % theory applies perfectly to opening crystals, which is why that is not a wise way to spend your units. The rest of the game does require a lot more skill and time/dedication than you are suggesting.

Either way you chose to accomplish your goals, best of luck.

Be well.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    People say do AQ but my alliance we consistently clear 2 BG 3x3x4x4x5. Still havnt formed a skill, cosmic, or mystic t4cc. And I need 3? It's **** for guys stuck at r4.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    People say do AQ but my alliance we consistently clear 2 BG 3x3x4x4x5. Still havnt formed a skill, cosmic, or mystic t4cc. And I need 3? It's **** for guys stuck at r4.
    For one, you're only clearing 2 BGs. Second, its your map choices. Wanting t4cc is one thing, being ready for them is a whole other. Need to grow into them. You'll see them more as you improve your AQ
  • StefffStefff Posts: 121
    I've been playing dedicatedly for a year and a half, never spent any money, never pulled a 4* from a premium and I have 30 4*s, 2 at 5/50, and 4 5*s, all at 2/35. You need to unlock masteries, play consistently, grind 4* basic arena, and go for Act 4 exploration ASAP, as well as 5.1-5.2 completion. also make sure you're in a good, active ally. It's inconceivable to me that you could play for 3 years and only have 10 4*s btw.
    @CAPTAIN_AMERICA Being in the right alliance to grow with is the most important. As a whole you'll earn t4 basics and t4cc from doing AQ. If you have been playing for 3 years than you really have nothing much to show for it, most players have twice that in a year of playing. Not an insult, just how it is for an active player. So based off what you said Ill just have to assume you're a casual player in a smaller or inactive alliance???? If thats true than its gonna make for a tough journey on growing. But theres still a lot you can do on your own, just takes a lot longer. As mentioned already there are quests to help you earn these t4cc and t4 basics. The other option for t4 basics is the arena, which might be a challenge with your current roster.
  • Antgeo1Antgeo1 Posts: 120
    I have spent money. The trick is just buying those offers that are actually good or if you are a free player, the ones for units. The last rainbow offer, though pricey pretty much gave you everything needed to R5 a champ. In addition the customer appreciation weeks that offered the $4.99 daily offer with extra T4C allowed us to pick the class and not spend too much.

Anyway you slice it, the average player will take a long time acquiring the necessary rank up items unless you are in a great alliance or spend money. I will add that most content can be beaten solely with 4/40s, and in the case of Act 4 can then provide the higher rank up materials.

The good news is if you just have 4/40s, it will teach you to be a better player! You are forced to learn good fighting techniques whereas if you had a 5/50, you would get lazy as there is far less challenge. Don't get me wrong, a 5/50 is not a cure-all, but if you have crutch, you never fully learn great combat skills.

hope this helps
  • Thanks for all the feed back. Yes to those that say I don't have much to show I do admit that I become bored with the game from time to time. And will stay away for months.
    For those who say the game hasn't been out there for three years, well I remember when Guardians of the Galaxy came out in the summer of 2014, Kabam added Rocket, Groot and all the others... an just like this summer, there were arenas for Star Lord. And here's something that will make the old timers smile...
    Remember when you could play for Deadpool every three months.

I thank you all for tips, they are much appreciated, especially from Antgeo1.
    The first alliance I joined was complete waste, the second lost stamina and died when the Leader stopped playing. I started my own alliance and the playing was good. But all my players dropped the game.

And this is why I started posting my views and opinions. Lot's of people quit !!!
    And I sometime wonder if Kabam looks into it.

It's 20:00 time to go open my 1st 5 Star.

• Oh and if someone wants to point me to a good alliance, please feel free.

Here are my creds: VibraniumZ, Level 53, Rating 83 120.

• BTW, ~3years confirmed for the ney sayers, I went back in my emails to confirm I have records as far back as Spring 2015
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Find an established alliance to grow with. Luck is a part of the game but you need an alliance getting strong rewards from AQ/AW in order to tip the odds in your favor.

Also realize that strong rewards is comparative to your current roster. Find a home your speed that has a foundation and hits milestones
    Thanks for all the feed back. Yes to those that say I don't have much to show I do admit that I become bored with the game from time to time. And will stay away for months.
    For those who say the game hasn't been out there for three years, well I remember when Guardians of the Galaxy came out in the summer of 2014, Kabam added Rocket, Groot and all the others... an just like this summer, there were arenas for Star Lord. And here's something that will make the old timers smile...
    Remember when you could play for Deadpool every three months.

I thank you all for tips, they are much appreciated, especially from Antgeo1.
    The first alliance I joined was complete waste, the second lost stamina and died when the Leader stopped playing. I started my own alliance and the playing was good. But all my players dropped the game.

And this is why I started posting my views and opinions. Lot's of people quit !!!
    And I sometime wonder if Kabam looks into it.

It's 20:00 time to go open my 1st 5 Star.
    Didn't doubt you played for 3 years, was just obvious you were a casual player. Not sure why others would suggest you were lying.
    Oh and if someone wants to point me to a good alliance, please feel free.

Here are my creds: VibraniumZ, Level 53, Rating 83 120.

You should go into the alliance recruiting section and find something up your alley. Look around for who's recruiting or simply start a new thread in that section. After 3 years I'm sure you're aware that good alliance use other apps like LINE for communication. You'd be surprised how much an app for communicating will improve your game. Best of luck to ya
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »

You need to do Map 4/5 regularly to make a dent in t4cc. Elite tier AQ is where you see major gains. Its a tough road before that.
    BTW, ~3years confirmed for the ney sayers, I went back in my emails to confirm I have records as far back as Spring 2015

0t07y899x753.png
    Hasn't been out 3 years yet.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,722 ★★★★★
    -Accumulated about ten 4 Stars... And can make a decent 4 Star Roster of 5 to play the Story Quests.

-I have just succeeded this week in winning my 1st 4 Start Champion in an Arena contest.

I've only managed to hit all milestone on 4* basic this month for the first time so in this aspect, congrats!

You need to build 8 rank 4 champs for AW and run AQ regularly to earn T4BC. It used to be (for me), 6 months to get 3 T4BC.

Prioritise which aspect you want to achieve and focus on it for a month or two. I did solely the daily quest for catalyst for a month, used XP boost to level up, so now I have tier 1-3 class catalyst full and near to level 60 (higher energy means I can do more in less time).

If you take risks, pop one featured crystal for 150 units every now and then. Many say don't do it as RNG is poor. I also don't do it but I see others in my alliance getting the 4*.

Have fun and I wish you success.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    they say join a good ally but the good allys require a bunch of r5 4 stars just to get in...
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    they say join a good ally but the good allys require a bunch of r5 4 stars just to get in...

Not always. Great and good are two different things. We aren't great but we stay in elite so its good enough for our players. Depends I guess.

Took us a good six months to get **** in order though.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    any alliance that do map 4 and 5 all week will eventually stack up bunch of t4cc, then the event quest and act 4 rewards, you will build up faster than you thought.
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    If you have really played the game for 3 years, I can only say you needed to be at a much higher level and in a much better alliance. A good alliance will get you 2 to 3 T4Bs a month and class catalyst shards which will eventually make it.

I got my first rank 5 this week and I do understand its frustrating but I have played a total of 10 months and its been about 5 months since my first 4/40. And now I also have 15 4/40s. And I dont spend.
  • Hi Dark_King888, thanks for the comment, may I ask how many hours a day do you play ?
  • PurePure Posts: 44
    I have been playing going on 2 years as every one said you need a good alliance I'm in a 9 mill.alli.and get atleast 1 or 2 t4cc every 2 weeks I now have 10 5/50s and 2 r3 5*s just not enough basics to go around LoL
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    edited August 2017
    Hi Kabam and Fellow Champions, CAPTAIN_AMERICA here, trying to make the best of the game.
    A little about my accomplishments, in this game that I would rate 98% Luck, 2% Playing Intensively and pretty much a futile fraction of a percentage dedicated to Strategy.

I'm listing this to make a point to Kabam of the level of difficulty... That always gets harder for new-comers... If I stated the game today I would probably quit in the first three weeks like all the last members of my Alliance did.

-Accumulated a great Army of 2 Stars, so when a 3 Star Arena offers something interesting I know I have a chance if I commit...
    -Accumulated a decent Army of 3 Stars. Still many interesting heroes missing an many dupes on what I don't care much for.
    -In the next months I should complete Act4 Chapter 1. After each pass I need to stock on Revives and Health potions.
    -Tonight, after all the hours and fractions of accomplishments, the daily reward should give me enough chards to unlock my VERY FIRST 5 Star. Maybe I will post the result to see if the game still makes us dream or if it will utterly suck...
    [Kabam, if you're reading make it a Superior Iron Man, and I promise I will start investing in the game every month]

Now here's where I'm looking for Strategy Tips, or at least a few honest answers.

As mentioned, the Game seems to 98% Luck. So in a Excelsior-Class bolt of luck, I unlocked a My Favorite 4-Star Captain America in the first 3-weeks I played the game. But then, all I got was from pain-staking effort and again some random luck here and there.
    So the 4 Star Captain America has kept me motivated... So far... Even if the A.I. Game difficulty cheats that add lag to commands and blatantly get the proper counter 100% of the time when the game decided to put a brake to your progress is actually always in effect on your Strongest Champion. (No but seriously am I the only one that noticed ? It's mathematical... My second strongest is a 4 Star Ultron and it's always easier to get rid of the same opponent than with my Cap-America)...

But now, I need to ask, what are all of you out there doing when you reach this point ?

How the hell do you get past Level4-40 ? Tier 4 Class Catalysts seem pretty much impossible to get...
    Is it because you started in a time where the game actually had some progress feel to it ? I remember when we used to play for crystals instead of chards... Is this the same thing ?

But for now I see no way of how I will accumulate a Tier 4 (Science) Class Catalyst, much less three of them, and that would be for one Champion only...

BTW, remember when the Daily Quests would actually pony-up a Catalyst for each successful branch and an extra catalyst for completing both ? And you could repeat all day ? back in those days I believe you could have worked to achieve a Tier 4 Catalyst...
    Maybe in a few months... But now with the rewards being some random chards and no way to be sure what we get... How the hell do you get to Ranking up ? By my estimate it would take about 3 years to build one, and that's if I'm lucky every Wednesday.

And to Kabam: Let us know if there's a way to improve the in-game progress when you reach this level.

Noticed how I only mentioned 4-Stars... Because 5 and above sure seems to be a sore subject on this forum at this time.

Thank you.

I dont want to be mean or anything but I think u arent telling the truth! I have played 3 months and got like 11 4 stars. And u are stuck with 10 after 3 years?! Seems unrealistic! (unless u were a really casual player)
    Spirit wrote: »

Thank you.

I dont want to be mean or anything but I think u arent telling the truth! I have played 3 months and got like 11 4 stars. And u are stuck with 10 after 3 years?! Seems unrealistic

Casual player who rarely plays and plays with a poor alliance, or none at all. Look in global and you can often find players with the "seasoned summoner" title who are 50K to 100k.
  • BTW, not many have addressed the real issue... If you need a strong roster of 4Stars to join a Competitive Alliance, and you need to be in a Competitive Alliance to make a strong roster.... Isn't that like trying to save John Connor ?

The point to all this, is that there are players that a WAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE... And they will always stay there.
    They will dominate the arenas and get the rewards, and always keep ahead.

All you veterans out there have great advice, but it's not always that simple to apply.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    BTW, not many have addressed the real issue... If you need a strong roster of 4Stars to join a Competitive Alliance, and you need to be in a Competitive Alliance to make a strong roster.... Isn't that like trying to save John Connor ?

The point to all this, is that there are players that a WAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE... And they will always stay there.

All you veterans out there have great advice, but it's not always that simple to apply.

U need a better advice?

Make a new account. Exploit the beginner brackets grind like hell and you are gonna get more 4*s by the end of 2 months than u did till now
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    edited August 2017
    BTW, not many have addressed the real issue... If you need a strong roster of 4Stars to join a Competitive Alliance, and you need to be in a Competitive Alliance to make a strong roster.... Isn't that like trying to save John Connor ?

Buddy just chill out!! i am not a veteran but I have figured that if u keep looking at things negatively u get yourself irritated. Look at the bright side. The grass may always be green at the other side but remember u have some grass too.......

Nah Ignore all that I just said, either grind or pay to get better at the game!! :D:trollface:
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    @Feeney234 The problem is you are running the maps the wrong way. You would be better off running AQ and running map 5 two or three times at the start of the AQ cycle and then supplementing with map 3 or map 2 at the tail end of it. That way you get more of the crystals that actually make it more likely to get t4cc.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★

If you want more 4/40s or 5/50s you have to prioritize what you do in the game. Alliances that run or attempt harder maps are your best options at getting more rank up materials. There are plenty of alliances out there willing to give you a try, but you also have to be willing to listen and get better. As for harder acts like Act 4 I would suggest you check online and check the forums for tips on beating it. Not all champs are created equal, there are 4/40 max ranked 3*s that can help you cruise through most of Act 4. Check online and check your mastery setup. Without the right mastery setup you will struggle and you will waste lots of potions. And that holds true in story quest, monthly special event quests, AQ and AW.