**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The new collectors arena crystal

Hi I'm looking for some clarification. Today I spent 100k on regular arena crystals and 100k battle chips on the collectors arena crystal. As a result I got 240k gold and 250ish units from the regular arena crystals. From the collectors arena crystal (same amount of battle chips spent) I got 200k gold and 75 units. This crystal was advertised as an upgrade, could you please tell me what the difference in items and item amounts are? Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    The crystal is worse. Only reason to get it is to get or dupe four star punisher. Stick to the regular otherwise. It's terrible.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    It's simple.
    If you need gold open the expensive ones, your practically guaranteed gold.
    If you need units open the original ones.

Uncollected arena crystals are for major grinders that want to try their luck for 5* punisher
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    Thank you both I thought I was losing it, our game dev team and advertisers need to stop with this misleading people into thinking something is better, when it is actually not as good
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Actually when I read the announcement for the Uncollected Arena crystal it didn't seem all that great. Everything is multiplied by 5, the cost and each reward. If you open 5 regular Arena Crystal, you could get a different item in each crystal.

If you open one of the Uncollected Arena crystals (at the cost of 5 regular ones) you get one item total, instead of the 5 items you would get from the 5 regular crystals. So it doesn't seem worth the grind to open the Uncollected Crystal. I could be wrong but it is my opinion, and no I am not one of the Uncollected.
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Actually when I read the announcement for the Uncollected Arena crystal it didn't seem all that great. Everything is multiplied by 5, the cost and each reward. If you open 5 regular Arena Crystal, you could get a different item in each crystal.

If you open one of the Uncollected Arena crystals (at the cost of 5 regular ones) you get one item total, instead of the 5 items you would get from the 5 regular crystals. So it doesn't seem worth the grind to open the Uncollected Crystal. I could be wrong but it is my opinion, and no I am not one of the Uncollected.

How can you have an opinion on something you don't know about? You don't get different things in either of the crystals over 99% of the time both give you gold and you get less gold and less units in uncollected arena crystals than you do spending the same amount in regular crystals
    Jon8299 wrote: »

It's like saying, I don't like marvel contest of champions, but you've never played it
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I can have an opinion based on the info I am given. It just seemed to me when they announced it, it wasn't a big deal. Everyone in the forum has an opinion about 6* and the AW changes, and the uncollected crystal along with peoples feedback is more than what we know about 6* and the AW changes combined.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Only difference is there is an increased chance for 4* Punisher, no 3* Punisher, and an extremely rare chance for a 5* Punisher. Otherwise everything else, including price is the same times 5. Curious, has anyone actually gotten the 5* Punisher yet?
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    Uncollected costs 5 times as much as regular and issues 5 times as much reward as normal.

Problem is, 5 times zero is still zero in regards to units, which is always a possible draw even when pulling 10 crystals at a time.

As mentioned above, if you want units, stick with the original. Otherwise you will have to pull a ton of the uncollected until the law of averages balances everything out.

The uncollected seems to be a way to satisfy those missing 4☆ punisher.
  • hero3hero3 Posts: 112
    [quote="Fthewigg;c-109929"

The uncollected seems to be a way to satisfy those missing 4☆ punisher.[/quote]

opened about 40 of the new crystals and still NO 4* punisher for me.....
    'unsatisfying' lol

odds are no much diffrent, can just have 'chance' obtain the 5* version