Options

Do you *always* level up champs during the Level Up event?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,865 ★★★★★
While it’s definitely beneficial to grab those 25 units everytime, if you dont have a champion you need to level up, and end up doing it to a bunch of 2/3/4 stars won’t it inflate your hero rating? It would look more impressive to be cavalier at a lower rating, e.g 300k vs 500k.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I never agreed with either. Sometimes I'd sync up with Level Up, but I Ranked as I saw fit. I also Ranked anything, and I was one of the few people that actually cared about Total Rating. There was work put into that Rating. It wasn't just a number for me.
  • Options
    luanamenderluanamender Posts: 229
    I don’t because I try to save resources for when I get better champs.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I would guess that I wait maybe 90 percent of the time, just because resource allocation is part of the game. You get a few benefits by waiting, obviously.

That being said, I don't always. Never say never, you know? It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. If you pulled a character you have been waiting for and you want to pump some resources into them and clear some content for fun, why not? It's not going to hurt anyone in the long run
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,423 ★★★★★
    I pretty much only level up doing the event (not 100%, like @ESF). Being fully FTP, it's about making my resources work more for me.

If I don't have 5/6* champs I need to/have the resources to rank up, then most events, I'll take up 3* champs for the 25 units - it only takes the ISO and the Tier 1-3 catalysts you can get free with Alliance events (at my level, Iso, Gold and Tier 1-3 basic catalyst are essentially free resources, whilst T4CC, T2A and such are much slower to acquire).
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,865 ★★★★★
    I guess I should’ve specified if the resources werent an issue/ you had a surplus of iso /gold
  • Options
    _I__I_ Posts: 306
    nope. am very miserly in investing my resources in useless champs for paltry 25 units trap. if they are abt to expire only then I might do a forced rank up. else am always clear to pour resources to those champs who are worth being invested in.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,370 ★★★★★
    I wait for the Level Up event as much as I can. I know 25 units isn't a lot, but it'll eventually be substantial if you do it several times and constantly. Like right now, I'm waiting to r4 my 5* Warlock and r3 my 4* Cap Marvel movie. It's easy to wait as long as you don't actually pressure yourself.
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,361 ★★★★
    For me I do only cause I am trying to level up all my champions. I know some think crazy, some think ambitious, but for me I enjoy taking them to their max for fun and love that an event rewards that.
  • Options
    RustyWarRustyWar Posts: 40
    I wait for level events but not for the 25 units... that’s just the bonus... it’s the revive that’s the prize ... saves me 40 units in the long run... 65 unit profit for nothing
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,256 ★★★★★
    Only during level ups and only for the 25 units.

But if I have excess champs to rank up then I’ll just clock the final milestone as well.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I always save up for the event, esp becoz I have gold shortage and run down quickly if R4 a five star, thus why not doing this together with extra rewards. However I would not push for the last milestone if my targeted level up are done.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    If I have someone I want to rank for war defense or a particular quest I'm not waiting for the level up, and if I have no one I want to rank I may or may not rank a 5* to R2 or a 2/3/4 for the 25 units. I can't imagine caring about whether or not the team rating was more impressive one way or the other lol. But generally I wait for the level up.
  • Options
    SnurrisSnurris Posts: 429 ★★★
    Yes, I normally wait.

No, total rating doesn’t say anything about skill and don’t impress. You can be cavalier with a 200k account. Just sell 2,3,4*....