**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do people get so strong ?

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
I don’t get it. I see people full of five star champions and with powered up four star champions all the time . How do you do this. It’s a real struggle for me the I raise my champions. T4 catalysts are hard as hell to find, crystal shards for four star champions are also extremely rare and don’t get me started on the five star champions. So how do you guys do it ? Did it just take you a long time ? Or did you pay real money in the game ? How does it work because progress is so slow for me it’s getting really annoying.

Comments

• JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Kevo9513 said:

Join a better alliance. As soon as you can handle map 5 go to a 5x5 alliance. The aq rewards will get you up and running in no time, and aw rewards are a plus

Really ? That’s awesome
    What lever do you think I can handle with these

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    From the point of view of F2P:
    1. Join good alliance
    2. Active arena grindings (esp those T4c / T4cc)
    3. Complete Story and EQ as much as you can
    Last but not least:
    4. Controlled spending (from Sigial to those ad hoc events like 4 Jul, Cyber Monday deal etc.)
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Takes a long time to build up an account. People are still playing years after they first started and are still chasing resources. Built to be a marathon. That said a good alliance makes tons of difference. If you out grow an alliance be nice but join a bigger one. Of course money helps but if you put in the time you're account will grow. Last but not least do arena.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    My alliance is a map 2 3million aq, we also do constant aw. We would be happy to have you if your interested

Thanks. How will I know when I outgrow an alliance?
    And yeah I do arenas as much as Incan especially for those four stars but the quest and war reward seems really small
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    JessieS said:

Thanks. How will I know when I outgrow an alliance?

You should be doing map 4 right now, and you’ll know when you’ve outgrown when everyone is dying except you tbh. When you can complete the maps with no problem
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Probably a good place to start is by getting 2 r5 4*s, things will be alot smoother after that. It will help alot if you are able to 100% master EQ consistently as well
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    1. Play the game. Story quest. Event quest. All of them. To the best of your ability. Don't sweat if you're not able to complete the whole content, but make an effort to try to.
    2. If you have time, do arenas. No matter how small, there are units to be collected.
    3. Be in an alliance that is active and completes alliance events.
    4. Do alliance quests, at least map 4. Use your glory to stock up on T2A, T4B and T4CC fragments.
    5. And the most important advice: don't spend your units on crystals. It's an absolute waste of resources. Invest them in masteries and in clearing content.
    6. Be patient. A lot of these players you see have played since 2014 or 2015. Some spend loads of money, some free to play. Progress at your own pace.
  • JhovannaCoenJhovannaCoen Posts: 16
    Uninstall Life and Job in your brain, and you'll get better
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Finish up story to A4 first. You’ll build a pretty good foundation from then on.

Probably a good place to start is by getting 2 r5 4*s, things will be alot smoother after that. It will help alot if you are able to 100% master EQ consistently as well

Yeah but it will be a while before I manage to get them and first 5 is kind of crappy. What’s EQ?

1. Play the game. Story quest. Event quest. All of them. To the best of your ability. Don't sweat if you're not able to complete the whole content, but make an effort to try to.
    2. If you have time, do arenas. No matter how small, there are units to be collected.
    4. Do alliance quests, at least map 4. Use your glory to stock up on T2A, T4B and T4CC fragments.
    5. And the most important advice: don't spend your units on crystals. It's an absolute waste of resources. Invest them in masteries and in clearing content.
    6. Be patient. A lot of these players you see have played since 2014 or 2015. Some spend loads of money, some free to play. Progress at your own pace.

Thanks . What’s T2 and the others ? Do you mean catalysts?
    xNig said:

Finish up story to A4 first. You’ll build a pretty good foundation from then on.

I am on Act 4 chapter 2 part 4 and I am going at it slowly . I don’t think I am strong enough to actually finish the entire act yet and I am probably months from being able to explore it but will finishing it give me some special bonus that makes it easier to level up.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    JessieS said:

Thanks . What’s T2 and the others ? Do you mean catalysts?
    Tier 2 Alpha's, Tier 4 Basic and Tier 4 Class Catalysts, resources to rank up your champs. Compared to what it was years ago, it's a lot easier to get your 5* to rank 4 nowadays.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    @JessieS except for the 4th of july and the cyber monday deals of the past 2 years I’m F2P. But you do need to have some skill.

Acts 1-4 are all easy, you don’t need any specific champs for any of those. Act 5 gets a lil trickier and all variants (except for variant 1) are pretty easy if you got a few helpfull champs. About t4c: as a top 20 aq player these days you get way more then you’ll ever need. Not t5b or t2a is hardest to get, but (except for t5c ofcourse) it’s actually t4b that most players are short of in the higher tiers.

• Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    JessieS said:

I don’t get it. I see people full of five star champions and with powered up four star champions all the time . How do you do this. It’s a real struggle for me the I raise my champions. T4 catalysts are hard as hell to find, crystal shards for four star champions are also extremely rare and don’t get me started on the five star champions. So how do you guys do it ? Did it just take you a long time ? Or did you pay real money in the game ? How does it work because progress is so slow for me it’s getting really annoying.

If you are very active I suggest you find an alliance that runs both map 5 and map 3 and go to the map 3 battle group there are tons of alliances that run both those maps and would love to have an active player.. It can be slow at first geting your 4 stars maxed but once you get 5 maxed you should try and hone your skills and fully complete master monthly event quests..i was in your shoes a year ago and choosing the right alliances has helped me get there alot faster
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    JessieS said:

Yeah but it will be a while before I manage to get them and first 5 is kind of crappy. What’s EQ?

Monthly event quest.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

xNig said:

I am on Act 4 chapter 2 part 4 and I am going at it slowly . I don’t think I am strong enough to actually finish the entire act yet and I am probably months from being able to explore it but will finishing it give me some special bonus that makes it easier to level up.
    Most of us veterans explored Act 4 with 4* 4/40s. Take your time and slowly chip at ut