**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* colossus to rank 5

Has someone in here taken him to rank 5. Is he worth it. Got 2 4-5 gems. Kinda airing out for better options. Looking for any advice on it.

Comments

• Options
    Dibley3087Dibley3087 Posts: 129
    I do run suicides
  • Options
    AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    I have him R5. Dudes badass. Love his damage and immunities. And the damage in a parry is nice. 1100 for each parry that triggers.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I have him maxed, no regrets, I also use suicides, he’s certainly not bad with them
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I find @MorbidAngle isn't giving him a good description.

Col is a great champ and I would R5 him any day (have him at R4).

Triple immunites will always be useful. armor ups make some matches easy (Havok) and every armor up means less parry damage taken and more damage you'll do. Vs stun immune champs people think it's a bad match up but I disagree. Vs those matches it allows him to faster spam SP2 meaning faster armor ups.

He's great for V2 as he's L and can spam Heavies and Specials. He's been a killer in act 6.1 and 6.2 (haven't started 6.3 yet). He has great synergies with great champs (Omega Red, Domino, OML, Hyperion, Emma, etc). A great willpower user if it applies since he doesn't take as much damage and most champs and in any match with Havok he tends to heal more than take damage. The SP3 is under used but can be crazy useful in longer fights in case you mess up. Vs Havok for example a SP3 can just get rid of any chance he'll (and most champs) will do a crit on you.

The armor break immunity is also under looked but on some nodes (crumbling armor) it is crazy good and more so if he's awakened as it will instead give you an armor. In Act 6.2 there's a part where you need to use heavies or take tons of damage at the end of the fight and he's great there. Backblast doesn't do him anything as it'll just give him more armor. Any thing to do with Cold and Bleed are also gonna do him nothing. He's also a good option vs act 6.1's Crossbones as you can spam SP1's and by the time you get to 20 armor you'll be out damaging CB.

He counters some annoying ass champions also even if they aren't always hard to deal with. Havok makes him heal a ton with willpower, Mephisto I've gained 10 armor in the span of 2 seconds while standing in the aura (when awakened), Ice Man, Annihilus's armor breaks instead give you armor ups (when awakened) and will power heals you from stifle meaning while you don't want to be in the corner vs Annihilus, Col is one of the more forgiving champs vs him which gives you more room to breath, Domino's passive ability reduction will always give Col 100% power gain through out the entire fight, Morningstar gives you alot of armor ups in the fight (when awakened) just don't EVER let her SP2 touch you or it's a one shot, Omega Red's spores are less of an issue due to the parry heavy playstyle pushing him back so often.

One thing I've noticed with Col is I hope NOT a bug, his parry+heavy isn't like normal champs vs evade champs. We all know a champ like Hyperion where if you parry into a heavy vs say OG spiderman, there's a HIGH chance when the stun runs out he'll evade mid heavy yeah? I've noticed that even tho Col's heavy removes the stun, the game still think's the enemy are stunned and NEVER evade his heavy from a parry. I've tested this MANY times and not a single evade champ evaded his heavy from being stunned. This is a useful ability overall to have.

Actually pretty good vs champs that lower his ability acc like say Taskmaster or Domino since he will passively gain 100% power while attacking meaning more Special spam. After his SP3 you have a Killmonger type unstoppable where you can counter attack while blocking which also means less damage taken since you can stop the enemy not to mention the SUPER armor passive you gain temporarily from the SP3 (no really that armor up is crazy damage reduction)

Weaknesses are needed some time to ramp, bad vs passive nullification like Sym Supreme, Black Widow CV, Doc Strange, etc or tach champs with armor break like Yondu or Sentinel. His sig isn't needed but boy does it help greatly for longer fights. I think his ability to limit damage done to him to 150% of the enemy's attack is bugged and doesn't work nor does it give him armor. Not at all a suicide friendly champ (I mean you can spam SP3's but it's not his best damage).
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I do not run suicides all the time, but I took mine to 5/65 at sig 200 and I have no regrets. His multiple immunities and massive damage potential are useful, and I just find him fun to play as well. Haven't used him with suicides yet, and honestly don't plan to with recoil in there. I have suicide friendly champs, so he is for the rest of the time when I'm not running them. He's one of the best Freeezer Burn node counters out there, so he gets his use in endgame content.
  • Options
    Great. Thanks for the advice guys
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    He seems to suck without OR on the team, so what is the deal with that? With OR, he does damage that could make him R5 worthy. Does anyone know if the OR synergy is confirmed to be working as intended, or is that getting nerfed as well in this nerf wave?

He does take out Winter Soldier faster than anyone else if farming potions is something you like to do.
  • Options
    Well I did it guys. Took him for a test run on WS. 40 hits. Wow