**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Looking for Glory managment help

Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
What is the best way to manage my glory spending? I'm at a point where I'm working on 5 star champs so I need both t2A and t5b to rank them.. Ive stopped buying glory crystals even though I probably should be buying them to have more t4cc

Comments

• Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Personally I never buy T4CC. If you run Map 5,6,7 you end up with tons of overflow crystals eventually. I try and get the most for my glory so I split it fairly evenly. In a given week this is normally my expenditures. I get about 5k glory from a Map 6 Top 150 alliance.

2 or 3 T5B
    3-4 T1A
    3-4 T4B
    Potions for AW (which I think are horrible value but are needed)
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,110 ★★★★
    If you can't do map 5/6, then find a solid alliance that does over 20m each AQ cycle. That should get you 2k glory each round, which is enough for 4k t5b or the whole stack of t2a.

Do that and you'll have enough for a 5/65 in about 8 months. Much faster if you are uncollected and can do that too.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    You need to run map 5+. That'll get you enough glory and enough of a score to get solid roster-building rewards. If you're an active player looking to progress, find an alliance where you're average to below average. You'll get pointers from better/more experienced players and ride their coattails. Meanwhile they'll be happy to see you progress if they're decent people. Don't invest in potions unless it's to clear AQ. War rewards still aren't great so if you can survive with minimal item use, great.

This question is hard to answer without your roster and glory received each cycle. If you have champs you believe belong at 5/65, then try for two t5b purchases and put the rest towards t2a. The top 5-10 spots on your roster are always more important than spots 11-30. Build for the top. When war and AQ are occupying your top champs, run master and heroic instead. Don't waste items because you brought a weak crew.
  • Options
    TendersquadTendersquad Posts: 193
    We run 3 bgs of Map 4, clearing all 100% with global node and get over 100 mil points. We typically get 3350 glory every cycle.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

You need to run map 5+. That'll get you enough glory and enough of a score to get solid roster-building rewards. If you're an active player looking to progress, find an alliance where you're average to below average. You'll get pointers from better/more experienced players and ride their coattails. Meanwhile they'll be happy to see you progress if they're decent people. Don't invest in potions unless it's to clear AQ. War rewards still aren't great so if you can survive with minimal item use, great.

This question is hard to answer without your roster and glory received each cycle. If you have champs you believe belong at 5/65, then try for two t5b purchases and put the rest towards t2a. The top 5-10 spots on your roster are always more important than spots 11-30. Build for the top. When war and AQ are occupying your top champs, run master and heroic instead. Don't waste items because you brought a weak crew.

Those are all valid points I shouldve posted to begin with! My alliance runs maps 5 4 and 3 I am in bg3 map 3 if that makes a difference.. But I am able to run map 5... I get about 3k glory per set of aq.. And formed my first t5b this week thanks for the advice! It's basically what ive been doing so I'm glad to know I'm on the right track!
  • Options
    GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    Urkel2 said:

Those are all valid points I shouldve posted to begin with! My alliance runs maps 5 4 and 3 I am in bg3 map 3 if that makes a difference.. But I am able to run map 5... I get about 3k glory per set of aq.. And formed my first t5b this week thanks for the advice! It's basically what ive been doing so I'm glad to know I'm on the right track!

All the AQ rewards are distributed evenly to everyone who participated, regardless of what map their BG ran. So in that context, you are not suffering from running map 3. But in a broader context, since you said you are capable of running map 5, the overall rewards for your alliance are suffering compared with others that run map 5 in all three BGs.
  • Options
    Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    I usually have a stable amount of t2a so I just spend it all on t5b
  • Options
    Nick1109 said:

I usually have a stable amount of t2a so I just spend it all on t5b

How do you always have alot of t2A without buying with glory? Is there another way to get them easily?
  • Options

Urkel2 said:

All the AQ rewards are distributed evenly to everyone who participated, regardless of what map their BG ran. So in that context, you are not suffering from running map 3. But in a broader context, since you said you are capable of running map 5, the overall rewards for your alliance are suffering compared with others that run map 5 in all three BGs.
    I guess you are right about that..judging by the amount of people with multiple 6 stars running our map 3 I'd say most of them are semi retired..but we have been hitting the 80k milestone so really there isnt much benefit to going to an alliance that gets a little bit more and if I want to take a day of of war every now and then because I have like 20 squirrel basket things saved up because my good champs are always locked up they are pretty reasonable about it so I cant complain
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I would ask your alliance to stop running map 3 and run map 4 instead. U will get more points even if u can't finish it most of the time. That may push u guys to the 90 mil mark. Just something u may want to consider
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    If you can figure out champions that always help you staying alive through the end then that’s your signal that you don’t need to buy potions as much often and can invest more in rank up materials. My key was Clairevoyant - thanks to her I was able to buy more rank up materials in glory store and soon closing on my fourth r5 5* champion.
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

If you can figure out champions that always help you staying alive through the end then that’s your signal that you don’t need to buy potions as much often and can invest more in rank up materials. My key was Clairevoyant - thanks to her I was able to buy more rank up materials in glory store and soon closing on my fourth r5 5* champion.

I never really buy potions at all..in my opinion war rewards aren't worth wasting glory on and regular potions can be farmed from ws
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

I would ask your alliance to stop running map 3 and run map 4 instead. U will get more points even if u can't finish it most of the time. That may push u guys to the 90 mil mark. Just something u may want to consider

I've been in tons of alliances and pretty much all of them get offended if Most of their higher tier players werent already on board...i couldnt count the times ive heard something like why should we change our whole alliance to suit you.. But to be honest I hate the concept of alliances being war focused these days. Especially since most struggle to even earn 5 star shards. most alliances could do better if they took their top champs out of war and into aq..the rewards are way better