**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

WHAT ALL CHANGES WOULD YOU DO TO MAGNETO, IF YOU ARE GIVEN A CHANCE TO BUFF HIM?

CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
edited February 2020 in General Discussion
You can Comment on what all changes you make to Magneto, if you are given the chance to Buff him.
Don't know if the Ability I suggest are good....It may be Stupid, Still.....
I suggest the following:
Against All Other Champs except #Metal Champions:
1. Gain Fury, Cruelty, Precision based on Combo Meter hits..... SPs refresh the Buffs gained
2. Critical/Physical/Energy Resistance
3. Non Contact Hits take No Damage
4. Inflict Bleed, Heal Block and Exhaustion, Slow Debuffs
5. Immune to Inverted Controls, Debuff Resistance (30%){ Decreased Duration of Debuffs}

Against #Metal Champions:
All Abilities mentioned above plus all these:
1. Magnetism: I think there should be an attack boost and ability reduction against #Metal Champions
2. Increased Power Gain when Magnetism is Active
3. Inflict Armour Break on Non Contact Hits (That Purple Circle hits) on #Metal Champions
4. Increased Bleed Duration against #Metal Champions
5. Increased Debuff Resistance {upto 60%} inflicted from #Metal Champions

If you think this can be Improved/ too Powerful Please Let me know by Commenting

Comments

• PollPoll Posts: 7
    Make him permanently reverse all metal champions controls and do extra damage to X-Men
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    rework current magneto and release new when he comes in Mcu!(michael fassbander magneto hopefully)
    - for current magneto
    - autoblock and parry if it was basic on all projectile attacks with perfect block chance
    - all bleed and armor break 100% on al specials +
    - sp1 power steal 50% of opponents current power if they r metal champions
    - sp2 triggers magneto field for 18 seconds (with actual sphere and visuals and stuff) giving him dense magnetic field that reduces opponent's chance to crit by 70% and reflects 45% of damage on block as it was supposed to be critical hit. every blocked hit gives magneto 45%+ power and every hit dealt gives 25%+.
    - sp3 break any opponent's armour by 4000 for 22 seconds and if opponent is metal then lock their power for 6 seconds.50% chance bleed triggered on sp3 is critical bleed 90% chance on opponent reliant on metal.

- passive : as time passes during battle opponent reliant on metal looses their ability accuracy by 10% for every 10 hits on them either magento . ability reduction max upto 50%. once on 50% it has 12 second duration then counter restarts it self.
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    id give him a prowess system similiar to havoks since he has massive sp2s, also make him do DOT damage to metal champs like ORs death field. and give him some sort of utility in his specials be it like regen or power control
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    This is an old write up on a Magneto Buff idea I made a long while back...

Taking inspiration from Blade, Omega Red, Emma Frost, and a few others... When fighting Metal Opponents he gets a +75% Attack Boost and Reduces their Ability Accuracy by 50%, take 80% Less Damage when being hit by Metal Objects (Suits, Swords, Bullets, Thrown Guns, Robots, Etc.), each time he's hit by any Metal Object he gains 1 Metal Scrap Charge and each Charge increases Special Damage by 5% (they are Removed each time you use a Special) up to 50% Increased Special Damage, gets +25% Energy Resistence per Bar of Power he has at a time (up to 75% obviously), and can Nullify Armor Up Buffs on Colossus and Unstoppable Colossus. (The Colossus and the Energy Resistance bits being references to the Comics)
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    I don't think they'd ever take a specific build from the forums so I won't waste my time but in general:

He should be tanky due to his shielding powers via electromagnetic fields. Damage mitigation with a low base hp pool seems appropriate. His safeguard could carry over too.

He should have strong control abilities and stronger still against metal opponents. Immunity to unblockable and unstoppable would be appropriate.

He should have strong direct damage abilities, could be a build up resource like 'scrap' which when it peaks can be spent for a bursty special. He also should continue to have bleeds. Both of these should be stronger against metal opponents.

• If I was handed to keys to Magneto to rework today, I would probably change the magnetism passive to include a persistent charge mechanic. For each persistent charge at the start of the fight Magneto would gain stronger magnetism effects. Think Morningstar's stolen souls. Magneto would start at one charge and gain a persistent charge if he defeated an enemy with a special attack. Something like:

At one magnetism charge Magneto would reduce ability accuracy of #metal opponents by 40% plus 2.5% per charge
    At two magnetism charges #metal would have reduced power gain
    At three #metal would have reduced block proficiency and perfect block chance
    At four #metal would would have a -100% chance to crit
    At five (the max) #metal champions would have the next attack that hits Magneto strike back energy damage with fifteen second cooldown. If Magneto is awakened the damage taken by the attack is reduced to X% where X is identical to the refraction percentage of the signature ability (i.e. at max sig Magneto would take only 12.67% of the damage of the attack).

Additionally, each magnetism charge would increase Magneto's chance to inflict bleed with special attacks by five percentage points and the duration of his heal blocks by one second.
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    If kabam ever decides to buff mags, they gotta buff both of em. The marvel now version is available as a 6* which sucks if they just completely forgot about him
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

If kabam ever decides to buff mags, they gotta buff both of em. The marvel now version is available as a 6* which sucks if they just completely forgot about him

No guarrentee since the other Champions like Colossus or Daredevil or Black Panther had it specified on their Voting Option that it was only 1 Version and not both getting buffed.
  • If kabam ever decides to buff mags, they gotta buff both of em. The marvel now version is available as a 6* which sucks if they just completely forgot about him

If they do, they almost certainly would rework the two into two different directions. The fact that there are clones in the game is a compromise that no one wanted to do, but was necessary to ramp up the content in the game at release. They would almost certainly not repeat that compromise now that they don't have to. They might rework one and then later rework the other, or they might decide to spend twice as much time reworking each individually, but the one thing I would bet they won't do is buff one and replicate that buff to the other one.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    edited February 2020
    "what all changes"..? *cringe*
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    Wow! You guys are awesome at Reworking.....
    That to giving the Full Potential for one of the Strongest MCU Character
    I think Kabam should Open up a Thread like the Buffing Up Thread.....For Summoners to Suggest on Buffing Up of Champions....
    I'm sure that The Buff Up will be better with the Feedback & Suggestions of the Fellow Summoners
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    That thread already exists:. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/103185/champion-improvement-suggestions-edited-by-mod-for-clarity#latest

Frankly I'm a bit surprised that this thread hasn't been closed and redirected there!

Here's a link to a post I made in it,which is basically a list, linking to all the preceding redesigns. It's probably the best place to start if you wanted to take a look at some: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1009289/#Comment_1009289

Sadly it's basically a place for us dreamers to dream, rather than being a hot-line to the Kabam redesign team. But they (should) know where it is, if they want to take a look for inspiration.
  • JmontagueJmontague Posts: 17
    edited February 2020
    Comment deleted
  • JmontagueJmontague Posts: 17
    edited February 2020
    These are some ideas I had for a Magneto buff. Some synergies are with characters that will probably be introduced at a later date. I think a villain like Magneto should get the buff he deserves...

Awakened ability: Master of magnetism
    Magneto uses his unparalleled control of metal to its full potential. #metal champs suffer -30% block proficiency and armor rating. Sword attacks deal up to -65% damage. +25% chance to Auto block vs #metal champs(% scales depending on sig level) (% values are at max sig)

Magnetism (Passive) - #Metal champs suffer 85% reduced ability accuracy. This increases by 10% against tech champs. #metal champs can not evade Magnetos attacks. Sentinels are not affected by this ability. This ability is immune to ability accuracy modification.

All of Magnetos attacks deal energy damage and do not make contact.

All bullet and missile attacks have a 100% chance to miss.

Wearing a specially designed helmet Magneto is completely immune to telepathic abilities/reverse controls etc

Dashing back and holding block for 2 seconds gives Magneto a powerful magnetic shield increasing block proficiency by 20% until the block is released

Synergies:

Super Villains - with Doctor Doom & Loki
    Increase attack by 15% against Hero champions

Brotherhood - with Sabretooth & Mystique
    Magneto gains +5% magnetism for each alive synergy member on the team

Rivals - with Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman & Beast
    All champions gain +7% attack (does not stack)

Old Friends - with Professor X
    Every 20 seconds Magneto gains a magnetic shield that lasts for 10 seconds. This shield provides +50% block proficiency

Never again... - Solo Synergy
    If all other champs are dead Magneto starts the fight with a fury buff granting +25% attack
  • LufasoLufaso Posts: 104
    If kabam can buff him with Hulkbuster, that would be a really good surprise
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    Lufaso said:

If kabam can buff him with Hulkbuster, that would be a really good surprise

Right?..... I was thinking of the same.....
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Kabam s been saying : if u have suggestions put it here and gives link and has not taken a single step in buffing him . So let's stop knocking at this door that is never gonna open
  • Mr_Rager27Mr_Rager27 Posts: 35
    Aldac said:

If we go by his abilities in the comics, he should be immune to all bullets and metal projectiles.

In theory he should also be immune to shock since he controls electromagnetism.

Probably my number one choice for a buff in the game.

THIS - and it should be a core ability - no sig nonsense. and I agree. PLEASE BUFF MAGS
  • Mr_Rager27Mr_Rager27 Posts: 35
    Jmontague said:

These are some ideas I had for a Magneto buff. Some synergies are with characters that will probably be introduced at a later date. I think a villain like Magneto should get the buff he deserves...

Awakened ability: Master of magnetism
    Magneto uses his unparalleled control of metal to its full potential. #metal champs suffer -30% block proficiency and armor rating. Sword attacks deal up to -65% damage. +25% chance to Auto block vs #metal champs(% scales depending on sig level) (% values are at max sig)

Magnetism (Passive) - #Metal champs suffer 85% reduced ability accuracy. This increases by 10% against tech champs. #metal champs can not evade Magnetos attacks. Sentinels are not affected by this ability. This ability is immune to ability accuracy modification.

All of Magnetos attacks deal energy damage and do not make contact.

All bullet and missile attacks have a 100% chance to miss.

Wearing a specially designed helmet Magneto is completely immune to telepathic abilities/reverse controls etc

Dashing back and holding block for 2 seconds gives Magneto a powerful magnetic shield increasing block proficiency by 20% until the block is released

Synergies:

Super Villains - with Doctor Doom & Loki
    Increase attack by 15% against Hero champions

Brotherhood - with Sabretooth & Mystique
    Magneto gains +5% magnetism for each alive synergy member on the team

Rivals - with Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman & Beast
    All champions gain +7% attack (does not stack)

Old Friends - with Professor X
    Every 20 seconds Magneto gains a magnetic shield that lasts for 10 seconds. This shield provides +50% block proficiency

Never again... - Solo Synergy
    If all other champs are dead Magneto starts the fight with a fury buff granting +25% attack

Really like a lot of this too! Common Kabam!
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Passive:

Magneto does not suffer from class penalty against tech champions suffering from magnetism
    Magneto has a double class advantage over skill champions suffering from magnetism

Every 12 seconds, magneto will rotate between magnetic shield and magnetism

Magnetic Shield
    - Triggers when magnetism debuff on enemy expires or when he suffers any hit that deals more than 5% of his max health
    - Magnetic shield cannot be removed by any means, cannot b stolen, copied or replicated and does not count as an active buff
    - While magnetic shield is active, all attacks will be glanced, reducing offensive ability accuracy by 100%, cannot be critical and deal 50% less damage

Magnetism
    - Triggers when magnetic shield goes into cooldown or when a special succesfully hits enemy
    - Cannot b shrugged off, reduced in potency or reduced in duration
    - Metal enemies have a reduced 100% defensive ability accuracy

Special attack
    - All succesful hits placed magnetism debuff on enemy (even if the enemy cannot be magnetized). Enemy already under magnetism will see that debuff reset.

SP1 animation should be similar to Ebony Maw's SP2 and can have up to 4 bleed (debuffs)
    SP2 animation remains the same
    SP3 animation remains the same. Enemy is under magnetism debuff for 60 seconds

New signature:
    Enhanced Magnetism
    When entering magnetic shield mode, he gains indestructible for up to x seconds and his first dash attack is unstoppable.
    When enemies are magnetized, Magneto's basic hits have up to 40% chance of being unblockable

Synergies:
    Brotherhood of mutants - sabretooth, pyro, toad, mystique
    Rivalry - x-men
    Enemies - avengers, sentinel
    Family - scarlet witch, quicksilver, polaris
    Masterminds - Ultron, Dr Doom, Kingpin, Modok, mojo,